Tanzanite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

With regards to the original post by deedee and the confusing sale, the ASA said the following:-

We contacted the advertiser and understand from their response that the presenter’s reference to 0.23 carats was an genuine error made during the live presentation in question. Sit-Up Ltd stated the issue was identified shortly afterwards and, as a result, an immediate stop was put on despatching this product to customers. We understand that some items had already been sent by this time and that those customers will receive a full refund, have their call charge refunded and be able to keep the product when it arrives. Sit Up Ltd informed us they are in the process of refunding all the call charges to all those remaining customers who purchased the product, who will also be sent a letter of apology explaining what had happened. On this basis we consider there is no further action for us to take at this time.

So it was yet another mistake, it's just as well we are always here to help Sit Up out!

Last edited:
With regards to the original post by deedee and the confusing sale, the ASA said the following:-

We contacted the advertiser and understand from their response that the presenter’s reference to 0.23 carats was an genuine error made during the live presentation in question. Sit-Up Ltd stated the issue was identified shortly afterwards and, as a result, an immediate stop was put on despatching this product to customers. We understand that some items had already been sent by this time and that those customers will receive a full refund, have their call charge refunded and be able to keep the product when it arrives. Sit Up Ltd informed us they are in the process of refunding all the call charges to all those remaining customers who purchased the product, who will also be sent a letter of apology explaining what had happened. On this basis we consider there is no further action for us to take at this time.

So it was yet another mistake, it's just as well we are always here to help Sit Up out!

Yes, my email response from them said exactly the same thing Wirral. Still, at least we did our bit to help them out and keep them on the straight and narrow.
It's so reassuring to know we're always here to point out the errors of their ways.
I'm sure those viewers that bought it will be grateful to us for their full refund and the fact that they get to keep such a stunning quality item as well!

That was good of them to refund the call and let them keep it for free

Yes, my email response from them said exactly the same thing Wirral. Still, at least we did our bit to help them out and keep them on the straight and narrow.
It's so reassuring to know we're always here to point out the errors of their ways.
I'm sure those viewers that bought it will be grateful to us for their full refund and the fact that they get to keep such a stunning quality item as well!

Yes deedee and i'm sure Sit-Up were most grateful for you pointing out their error. And going from their responses to previous ASA complaints i'm sure they would not have tried to make any excuses and would have corrected it themselves :wink:

But i'm sure it encourages them greatly to know we are always happy to assist them.

Pendantgate update!
Pervy Peter has just sold the 0.15 ct tanzanite necklace in question again.
I admit I didn't listen to his every word but from what I did hear he didn't mention carat weight once! He focussed on the silver and the fact that it was a AA grade gem but extolling the virtues of a whole 0.15 ct? Not a mention!

Pendantgate update!
Pervy Peter has just sold the 0.15 ct tanzanite necklace in question again.
I admit I didn't listen to his every word but from what I did hear he didn't mention carat weight once! He focussed on the silver and the fact that it was a AA grade gem but extolling the virtues of a whole 0.15 ct? Not a mention!

I really dislike it when Peter is selling jewelery as you say he limits what information you can receive (without going to their website) and tries to make it look much better than it usually is, when that lovely Italian lady was on the other night she totally eclipsed Peter in regard to sales technique. She had such a beautiful way with words & pretty much described the pieces of Jewelery for what they were and they easily sold. Peter was sat there making comments about spaghetti and other drivel and imo looking totally out of his depth.

I really dislike it when Peter is selling jewelery as you say he limits what information you can receive (without going to their website) and tries to make it look much better than it usually is, when that lovely Italian lady was on the other night she totally eclipsed Peter in regard to sales technique. She had such a beautiful way with words & pretty much described the pieces of Jewelery for what they were and they easily sold. Peter was sat there making comments about spaghetti and other drivel and imo looking totally out of his depth.

Mr M I couldn't agree more. The Italian jewellery guest was absolutely delightful, she was a breath of fresh air.
She was very articulate when talking about the jewellery and gave a lovely insight into Italian jewellery, totally charming, I could've listened to her for hours.
Pervy Peter however was well out of his depth and I felt he came across as a complete idiot. He made no effort to pronounce her name correctly, he tried to interrupt when she spoke, he kept invading her body space along with touching her and stroking her and when he asked her to translate words into Italian he just insulted her by talking about spaghetti, pizzas etc.
IMO he was insulting, rude and patronising towards her but she had such grace and dignity that she didn't react and I thought it was so sweet when now and again she said 'I enjoy'!

Latest posts

Back