WEN Is Coming To QVC UK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If you colour your hair the silicone can prevent the colour from absorbing properly/efficiently, similar to face primers that 'coat' the face to stop makeup being absorbed :)

I agree Vikki, i alway use silicone free now, it's made a huge difference to my hair.

Watching Chas explain, Wen has botanicals which sooth and help the scalp as well as treat the hair.

For a better idea simply watch on QVC UK the videos of the demo.

Thanks Donna. I had taped the original shows and then deleted them. I know if I watch I'll probably buy and it's more expensive than I want to pay for my shampoo & conditioner, especially when I'm not really unhappy with my hair.

It's a nightmare, isnt it?

I have had some of my worst reactions to perfume free, colour free, SLS free products!

lol

Salt free shampoos seem to help calm my scalp.......

Good luck with the ongoing search for your perfect product.

Hi, thanks I ow its still trial and error, the patch testing comes after years of issues, I do find avoiding MI and citral makes a massive difference to me, my fave hair styling product contained it and when i had the patch testing results and stopped using it, not even knowing that I was allergic to it my eczema on my forehead cleared up almost immediately, avoidance of citral also means that i no longer suffer angiodema as much now i've cut out some of the liz erle items I used, hand eczmea cleared up through not using handwash with citral but i agree i still have loads of issues and the derm unit did say I've been tested for 180 substances but there are thousands potentially so its a starter really, I've had less allergic reactions since the patch testing as i know some triggers but i would never use anything now with those ingreidents in :) and I have still had a few reactions (bad ones) since February

Okay, so hair is now been Wen ed, I wet it blotted with micro towel and went a bit nuts with 5 pumps. Far too much for the length of my hair. Scalp feels very cool will rinse when I get back from Zumba around 8.40 pm.

Yes am interested too. I have the starter kit on wait list at the moment. Come on Donna. We are waiting for your feedback :wink:

I'm going to be returning mine. It might work for some people, but I've tried it 3 times now, not noticing a massive difference in my hair and I have used a ridiculous amount of product. It's far too expensive if I have to use it everyday, it's back to Liz Earle for me, with a weekly dose of Elasticizer.

Sorry watching TV after I came back last night.

Well, had bath and then rinsed hair towel dried and applied small amount of styling cream. Now it also says on the styling cream apply to wet hair, but no way would you do that. So I am wondering if the wet hair bit for the second wash can be used on towel dried hair too?

Anyway I used far too much product so on Wednesday night I will try two or perhaps 3 pumps. I could smell mint quite clearly at Zumba, and one woman I chat to even asked if someone was wearing perfume as a lovely smell. Told her it was my hair and she sniffed and agreed. :clapping:

Well dried hair and its lovely, soft and shiny, it feels like silk. It actually feels the same as when you deep condition your hair. So you can use one cleanse and far less than advised, also if you just want to put it on towel dried hair and do stuff round the house and then rinse it will work.

Ingredients for Almond Mint:

Water,Glycerine, Alcohol, Chamomilla Recutita flower extract, Wild Cherry bark extract, Rosemary leaf extract, Sweet Almond oil,Aloe Barbadensis leaf juice,hydrolyzed wheat protein,Panthenol, Butylene Glycol,Behentrimonium, Methosulfate, Steramidopropyl, Dimethlamine,Polysorbat60, PEG_60 Almond Glycerides, Amodimethicone,Citric kAcid,Menthol,Methylcloroisothazolinone,Methlisthhiazalinone,Fragrance,Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal.

This is interesting

http://www.realhealthmag.com/articles/Truth_About_Panthenol_2482_22645.shtml

I had my Autumnal hair colour done on Saturday and I'll probably wash it with wen later today or tomorrow. There's usually a lot of excess colour rinsed out in the first wash so I'll report back whether Wen fades the colour. It's hard to see on blonde hair but I've gone a bit darker so I'll be interested to see how it goes.
If anyone is worried about the on-going cost of using Wen, please give it a go but with far less product and only a single "wash", I'm getting comparable results with a quarter of the recommended amount, plus I can almost go a week between washes whereas with shampoo I have to wash every other day.

Plus, I'll post details as soon as the UK Wen website starts its sale, the 480ml bottles were half price last year so a cheaper way to stock up. How AY can say QVC is the only official UK stockist of Wen is beyond me!

Akimbo, AY opens her mouth and for a long long long time total crap comes out. I think it started after she got married??? She became a WAG and therefore a bubble headed celeb lover.

Very true! When she first started (still wearing her therapist whites) she was quite timid and her verbal faux pas were amusing in a Hilda Baker way. I can barely listen to her these days, I'd rather listen to Kim Mendelson's stream of consciousness.

BTW there was a Simon Rodgers posting on a digital spy forum the other day, could this be the actual literal Mr Alison Young?

I've used mine twice now - I have mid-length bob, lots of fine very straight blonde hair and suffer with and itchy scalp. Usually use Aveda (I'm precious about my hair) but have tried Philip Kingsley and Liz Earle in the past. I usually have to wash every 3-4 days. Here's my experience with the almond and mint so far:

Friday did 8 pumps, rinse then 4 pumps rinse the 1/2 pump leave in - all good. Monday did 6 pumps, rinse and left it at that - my hair was NOT clean, ended up washing it again this morning, did 6 pumps again as if it was the second application, rinse and left it. My hair is cleaner today but it's starting to feel weighed down. I'll give it another go in a couple of days but I don't like it so far and can't see that changing. It would be good for holidays and gym bag perhaps but for normal use it's not cutting it right now.

So its been a while now is everyone getting on with "Wen" , I still cant get my head around how expensive it is tbh. Also how are people getting on with the cheaper alternative mentioned ealier on this thread.

I ordered the try me kit and it's done nothing for my hair the thickening spray was extremely stiff on my hair and the shampoo to me is overhyped .
Lynn

So its been a while now is everyone getting on with "Wen" , I still cant get my head around how expensive it is tbh. Also how are people getting on with the cheaper alternative mentioned ealier on this thread.

Don't think I'll re-purchase except to take only one bottle on holiday. I usually wash my hair every third day but with Wen it needs washing every second day.
On the plus side my hair does look & feel very conditioned.

I love it!!!! Been using nothing else since I bought. I didn't try the volume spray as I don't need it and knew I would not use so gave to a friend who has very fine limp hair.

No hair falling out( seems if you have a problem with menthol then don't use), soft shiny hair. No sign of greasiness at all, in fact I went from Monday to Friday last week between washes without a problem. I have short hair and use 3 pumps the first wash leave in a few minutes, then two pumps if going to Zumba leave it in and rinse when I get home, or leave in a few minutes then rinse out. Don't leave a pump in my hair, just a small amount of the styling creme.

I think I would like the Lavender(I love the smell of lavender), if I bought again. Oh I still have loads left in my bottle.

Last edited:
I like it, too. If I don't use enough it tells me as I'm washing IYSWIM. I'm not a fan of mint, nor do I like the cooling feeling as I'm always cold and hate it. But I can't ignore the condition it's left my hair in. I've had the first ever compliments from OH about my hair and that's convincing evidence enough for me to keep buying. My colour's has also lasted longer and I can go an extra day without washing (great as it means no heat-styling, which is even better for my poor, tortured hair!).

I've been using Wen for a couple of years and even though I try other things (I am weak) I always come back to using Wen, I'm a hot-head so the cooling works for me. I still prefer the Almond Mint to the others but the Lavender is nice too. (I'm working my way through the other flavours ...the fig smells like cherry tunes..bit weird!)
My hairdresser comments when I've been using Wen, but also when I don't!
My single most important to would be to rinse thoroughly and then rinse a bit more and you should get longer between washes.

It seems Wen divides opinions. The Qvc reviews are pretty poor for the products and judging by the amount of pumps you need to use everytime you wash your hair, I think its a very expensive products to continuously use. Very few people seem to be "Wowed" by the range, I guess it explains why none of the other big hair brands have copied the idea. Im still interested to hear if anyone has used the cheaper alternative mentioned earlier in this thread.

Latest posts

Back