What have you bought that you don't use?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I too have the tony little gazelle thingy - this now remains folded in the spare room. I also have several other bits of exercise equipment - this is all in the garage unused too.

I also have the Jack the Lad Juicer which is somewhere in the back of a cupboard - hasnt seen the light of day since about a month after I had it. The fact that it takes about 6 oranges or apples to make one glass of juice and then about 1/2 hour to wash it all up after!

I have an Easyo - which is behind the Juicer somewhere - again more faff than popping a few yoghurts in the online shopping basket. Also you can have a variety rather than eating the same flavour for a week!

I could probably go on (and on....) - I think half my house is full of unused stuff!!! Great thread!

Oh so true :dull::dull::dull:

bought my husband one of these wallets which you can fold over and over and the notes stay in place with elastic somehow. He had a play with it Christmas 2005 (?) and its been in the drawer ever since. I still see them wheel the darn thing out around Christmas time

Last edited:
I also have the infamous ice cream maker .Then I have the containers that "cooked" spagetti ,a face exerciser that was better than a facelift..
Oh! I have just rememered laundry sheets that you use instead of powder which are absolutely useless..They are sitting in my kitchen but are too heavy to make it worth sending back.Lateral thigh trainer..I did used to use it though!.Numerous fashion items that I was going to slim into...plus the slim and lift to help when I didn't !. Loads of beauty item,especially nail varnish and lipstick.A gadget for letting me watch my TV channels in another room which I coud never get to work.
That is a list without looking in the loft and cupboards to see what else. Oh Dear!!!!
Just had a thought, Has anyone else got loads of lock and lock lids but no containers to match? Its like socks..they just seem to disappear!

I also have the infamous ice cream maker .Then I have the containers that "cooked" spagetti ,a face exerciser that was better than a facelift..
Oh! I have just rememered laundry sheets that you use instead of powder which are absolutely useless..They are sitting in my kitchen but are too heavy to make it worth sending back.Lateral thigh trainer..I did used to use it though!.Numerous fashion items that I was going to slim into...plus the slim and lift to help when I didn't !. Loads of beauty item,especially nail varnish and lipstick.A gadget for letting me watch my TV channels in another room which I coud never get to work.
That is a list without looking in the loft and cupboards to see what else. Oh Dear!!!!
Just had a thought, Has anyone else got loads of lock and lock lids but no containers to match? Its like socks..they just seem to disappear!

Yes, I was thinking the same thing myself. I've got about 6 lids in my lock & lock drawer and no containers to match. I know I haven't thrown them or given them away. The lock & lock fairy must be pinching them in the night. :thinking:

I too bought a facial exerciser years back...a ball that you tucked under your chin...came out of the box for examination and I think that was it. I did use the wash balls but not for long - waste of time. Also they used to do a lid - would fit any pan and make things cook quicker and taste better...oh yeh..?! There's probably more but I've forgotten...guess I'd be rich if the money had stayed in my bank account!

why do all these gadgets look so enticing when they are on air. It's not on QVC but I am developing a rather unhealthy interest in that JML "point and paint" thingy which is being advertised at the moment. My head tells me it will be a useless piece of tat that will drop off the handle splattering paint eveywhere but where you want it and possibly blinding you with emulsion but my heart is thinking if it actually did all they claim it does it would be wonderful!!! I have had some JML "miracles" in the past and they were all a total waste of money but it seems there is a gulliable gene in my dna

Last year I threw away my jewellery cleaner. The first time I used I was fairly impressed but it was such a faff and really didn't seem that good in the end. I use a jewellery cloth or take my stuff to my jewellers who do it for free.

Battery operated ice-cream machine

I have that and it worked fine for me! That said, as I have a fridge freezer, I don't really use it because I never have enough spare space in the freezer.

why do all these gadgets look so enticing when they are on air. It's not on QVC but I am developing a rather unhealthy interest in that JML "point and paint" thingy which is being advertised at the moment. My head tells me it will be a useless piece of tat that will drop off the handle splattering paint eveywhere but where you want it and possibly blinding you with emulsion but my heart is thinking if it actually did all they claim it does it would be wonderful!!! I have had some JML "miracles" in the past and they were all a total waste of money but it seems there is a gulliable gene in my dna

Personally I wouldn't bother with these paint pad things. My sister ordered a similar product a few years ago to do her bedroom. The results were streaky and it didn't cover nearly as well as it shows on tv, even though we followed the instructions to the letter. We also had to reload the pads more often than we had to for a roller. As for mess, it was no cleaner than using a paintbrush or a roller. My sister was very disappointed. They just did not live up to the hype.

My legmaster!

The legmaster woman said to put it in the kitchen and go on it every time you're waiting for the kettle to boil.

So it's been in my kitchen for about a year but it's being used as a very handy tea towel airer and when I'm waiting for the kettle to boil......well I like to nibble a few biscuits to pass the time!!

Legmaster for me too. I actively disliked that couple so much that I can't stand to be reminded of them. :blush:

Easiyo Yogurt Maker. Didn't set properly the first go, second go took too long and it didn't get a third outing.

Worse still, I spent about 20 quid on a load of Easiyo Chocolate Ice Cream - I couldn't be doing with measuring the water, waiting 3 hours, stiring then waiting a further 450 hours for it too set into crystalized water...somehow Ben and Jerrys seemed SO much better!

Subsequently I have 10 packets of out of date sachets somewhere hidden in shame...

Last edited:
Mine was an easiyo maker too
Used it about four times to make Greek yogurt,it did set but left liquid on top and every time I went to put some out I had to pour liquid off the top.The other packs were out of date in the cupboard,the maker itself is gathering dust on top of the fridge.The yogurt itself was so sour too,I had to add loads of honey to it to make it palatable.I would like to try low fat Greek to see if it's any better but not willing to buy 10 sachets to find out.

I always get lured in by kitchen gadgets. I bought the v slicer because I really wanted the gadget that could spiral a cucumber - I need to get a life!!

Mine was an Easiyo yogurt maker too. Again, made about 6 out of the 10 satchets that came with it. Wasn't too bad, but just too much of a faff. And not as good value for money as they suggest.

Recently, went to the I**** Home Show, and almost got palpitations, as it was like being on the set of QVC / JML with loads of exhibitions of steam cleaners, sweepers, choppers, etc.. going on around me.

Luckily, since i have managed to cure my QVC addiction, I only came out of there with a cute umberella, and some dusters. My biggest purchase of the day was on pastries. Yummy!

Now, if only I can get that cake addiction under control!!!

:cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

Mine was an easiyo maker too
Used it about four times to make Greek yogurt,it did set but left liquid on top and every time I went to put some out I had to pour liquid off the top.The other packs were out of date in the cupboard,the maker itself is gathering dust on top of the fridge.The yogurt itself was so sour too,I had to add loads of honey to it to make it palatable.I would like to try low fat Greek to see if it's any better but not willing to buy 10 sachets to find out.

As I've posted several times over the years in different threads, you don't need to keep buying sachets. I am now on the 560th litre from just one packet from over 2 years ago. You can also make it from shop-bought yogurt as a starter.

I make it and eat it every day when I am at home, and the further it gets from the packet the better it tastes.

The other thing I don't like about Easiyo which put me off was the BIG WHITE INCUBATOR. How ugly?

Everytime I do see an EasiYo show I do have second thoughts but like the other poster, I ain't buying 20 sachets to try my luck.

Latest posts

Back