Yankee Candle TSV 16/5/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Scentsy warmer is £36 so QVC probably won't mind the comparison as it makes the TSV look particularly good value.

this is interesting..... it does look like the burner is identical, and it is possible that Yankee have purchased the burner from the same supplier.
I love Yankee candles, and have lots of jars, and wax melts too for my Ollie Owl electric burner - but I also have a Scentsy burner - and it heats to a much lower temperature than Ollie. The Scentsy wax's are much smoother in texture so they melt quickly when the burner is plugged in - but the heat is too low to melt a yankee tart well.
So my point is... if they are the same burners, there could be issues over how well the yankee melts.... melt!
I really love my Scentsy burner..... it was expensive (£40) but they have a fabulous range of gorgeous scented waxes which scent throughout my house, including some lovely scents very different to Yankee.
As for the Yankee TSV - I don't want another burner, especially one that doesn't light up, but I would love all of the melts... damn! lol

Last edited:
the tsv is worth it for the melts alone. tbh its the mad postage costs that put me off most of the time. its such a blatant rip off

I've never heard of Scentsy. Are they well known/any good?

I've only come across them in passing. From what I know and without researching, I think they operate like Pampered Chef or Stella+Dot, ie through agents selling at "parties" in people's homes, for example. Also like those other companies, I find them prohibitively expensive, largely because the agents receive quite a hefty commission.

PS Are Tupperware parties still a thing?

the tsv is worth it for the melts alone. tbh its the mad postage costs that put me off most of the time. its such a blatant rip off

If I were in the market for an electric warmer, I would consider this as I must agree the melts are tempting. There's only one fragrance I've already had and the rest are all ones I quite fancy trying. Also, they're mostly quite new aren't they?

If I were in the market for an electric warmer, I would consider this as I must agree the melts are tempting. There's only one fragrance I've already had and the rest are all ones I quite fancy trying. Also, they're mostly quite new aren't they?

i have a couple tart burners but i don't seem to burn tarts as much as votives. for decades it was the opposite all tarts never votives.

i have a couple tart burners but i don't seem to burn tarts as much as votives. for decades it was the opposite all tarts never votives.

I don't use tart burners very often either. I don't have an electric one but I do like the "tealight-operated" ones I have. I go through phases - a year or two ago, I bought loads of crumble pots from Wax Addicts for around £1 each as I found them a good way to try scents before buying a big jar, especially as I could buy the crumbles before the jars came on QVC in many cases - that probably saved me quite a bit in mistaken purchases. I feel a new melt-burning phase coming on - I do need to use up all those crumbles and melts I've accumulated. I'm currently going through a tealights phase and when I've been in, I've been lighting one on my desk for the afternoon. Some of them have a great throw for something so small.

Sorry, rambling now ....

I've only come across them in passing. From what I know and without researching, I think they operate like Pampered Chef or Stella+Dot, ie through agents selling at "parties" in people's homes, for example. Also like those other companies, I find them prohibitively expensive, largely because the agents receive quite a hefty commission.

PS Are Tupperware parties still a thing?

Yes, Scentsy are a USA company, houseparty-based, selling wax and oil burners - but not candles.
I hadn't heard of them until I went to a party, and initially the prices were offputting (because of the usual hosting/agents commission).... however..... they have a massive choice of electric wax burners, and the waxes actually work out cheaper than Yankee because each block has 8 cubes. The burners operate at a lower temperature than Yankee which seems to make the scent purer - and the wax has a great throw which you can still smell the next morning. I treated myself to a burner and some waxes, and I will definitely be buying more!
Regarding Tupperware....... just like C&A which has also gone from the UK - they are both alive and well in France, and loved by the french!

WAx Addicts is just showing Rosa as presenter on TSV day. What has happened to the new woman? She hasn't been on the latest shows at all. Are they paving the way for a glorious return?????

WAx Addicts is just showing Rosa as presenter on TSV day. What has happened to the new woman? She hasn't been on the latest shows at all. Are they paving the way for a glorious return?????

That's what I thought too, the triumphant 'return of the king' now enough time has passed since candle-gate - wouldn't surprise me!

Hhahaha, Return of the Lion King swishing his mane and that music (whose name I forget but it's something matata) in the background! I can say that as I like his hair so the husband won't be offended.

Yes, Scentsy are a USA company, houseparty-based, selling wax and oil burners - but not candles.
I hadn't heard of them until I went to a party, and initially the prices were offputting (because of the usual hosting/agents commission).... however..... they have a massive choice of electric wax burners, and the waxes actually work out cheaper than Yankee because each block has 8 cubes. The burners operate at a lower temperature than Yankee which seems to make the scent purer - and the wax has a great throw which you can still smell the next morning. I treated myself to a burner and some waxes, and I will definitely be buying more!
Regarding Tupperware....... just like C&A which has also gone from the UK - they are both alive and well in France, and loved by the french!

Thanks, frenchie. My mum hosted at least one Tupperware party years ago for a friend and received a few freebies as a reward for hosting, which I thought was so exciting as a kid! I've just remembered a neighbour where I used to live had a party too, and I bought some tall, bright coloured beakers with lids which I still have. When my mum did the party/ies, I'm pretty sure it was all pale pastel colours and food used to acquire a plastic taste. Am I mis-remembering this?

Anyway, what I was going to say was if someone I knew was having a Scentsy party, I just know I'd buy stuff. They probably have offers like the other "party people" I mentioned??

Hhahaha, Return of the Lion King swishing his mane and that music (whose name I forget but it's something matata) in the background! I can say that as I like his hair so the husband won't be offended.

Don't be so sure!

There are still an awful lot of people clamouring to get SC back presenting on QVC

Hakuna matata?

It'll be "the circle of life" or the Q version: " the revolving door of bland ambassadors who shall not be named once they've left" not quite as catchy I grant you!

I doubt we'll see Steve again.

Anyway, what I was going to say was if someone I knew was having a Scentsy party, I just know I'd buy stuff. They probably have offers like the other "party people" I mentioned??

Yes Andi, they have great offers for hosting a party...... haha ;)

I'm happy as I like Rosa - she clearly loves Yankee Candles, and is enthusiastic and informative without being at all pushy - and I enjoy watching the shows she's on :)

Latest posts

Back