Kathy Taylor leaving QVC after 21 years

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She got the gig because she's female & bame. Noticed how, after all the BLM stuff, she started wearing her hair 'au natural' ? (even though it looked better b4?) If it's so 'culturally important' to bames, why only wait until now to do it???? This winds me up. Think for yourselves, people!
Justin Biebers 'corn rows' were a joke. (instagrammed his new hairstyle! - who gives a ****?) Feckin. eejit.

I got miffed on Adele's behalf after the hooha when she put her hair into bantu knots and got slated for cultural appropriation (or something like that). I have afro-type hair despite being milk-bottle white and have straightened my hair the last 15 years or so. Like millions of women.

Including thousands of black women! Has anyone ever moaned about them doing it? FFS I do wish people would grow up about stuff like this.

Social Media seems to be turning youngsters into a bunch of whingers unable to take any responsibility for themselves. The BBC news ran a segment earlier about an 'influencer' who makes a LOT of money from her followers (baaaaa!) complaining that the companies aren't stepping in to help after she'd been blamed for promoting and selling a dodgy (and illegal) drug that is supposed to give you a 'Kardashian body'.

I could start with the old chestnut a fool and their money are soon parted but what really annoyed me was the woman's attitude and complete unwillingness to take any blame. It's all SM's fault apparently.

Then there was the bloke stuck in India due to the Australian travel ban. Moaning his butt off about how unfair it was. He obviously hasn't noticed nor cared that there's a pandemic on and a very real risk of carrying the Indian variant back to Australia. You took the risk of travelling, you accept the blame if something going wrong, not sit there on the telly moaning about it!

I'm awfully ranty today...

I knew a lady for a few years who reminds me of Kathy the way she talks etc ... not looks though... weirdly her daughter is called Rebecca too lol ...
does Kathy leave tomorrow ?

Alter - similarly there was a chap returning from India - after visiting his parents, and kicked off about his treatment and the delays at Heathrow. A customs border official responded asking why he was visiting his parents in the first place, as it wasn't an 'essential' visit, and it was public safety for this country on checking those entering the UK.

Realising I share this country with idiots, ingrates, , wokes and whingers makes my blood boil. I know I'm 'old' now, but I can't remember the population being this stupid even 30 years ago. Further evidence is when I roll my eyes at the contestants on Pointless, when they nearly all say "geography is not my strongest subject", er no, and neither is literature, music before 1990, or knowing that John F Kennedy was the last President to be assassinated !!!!

Alter - similarly there was a chap returning from India - after visiting his parents, and kicked off about his treatment and the delays at Heathrow. A customs border official responded asking why he was visiting his parents in the first place, as it wasn't an 'essential' visit, and it was public safety for this country on checking those entering the UK.

Realising I share this country with idiots, ingrates, , wokes and whingers makes my blood boil. I know I'm 'old' now, but I can't remember the population being this stupid even 30 years ago. Further evidence is when I roll my eyes at the contestants on Pointless, when they nearly all say "geography is not my strongest subject", er no, and neither is literature, music before 1990, or knowing that John F Kennedy was the last President to be assassinated !!!!

I had a bloke come into my store on Sunday, he was wearing his face mask with an unlit cigarette poking out of the top.

We have people coming in wearing face masks but every so often they pull it down to sip the coffee they bought from Costa opposite us (and they don't have a problem leaving their empty or nearly empty cups on shelves, book displays etc either)

Covid missed a trick, if it mutated so it only killed off the stupid, ignorant and cruel, especially those who are cruel to children and animals, we could leave it alone to get on with it.

I've woken up in a seriously bad mood, I think my one remaining hormone is kicking off!

The morning is too early to start my rant on stupid quiz contestants!

What is it with people who need to go shopping with a cup of coffee in their hand. Coffee cup in one hand mobile in the other . I’m a coffee lover but sit down to drink it even If I’m doing something else.

All this coffee carrying has been exaggerated by tv dramas (started in America) where 'types' would hurry to work carrying their morning 'fix'. Not so long ago it was bottled water that was glued to the hip.

I think there is something wrong with my mouth, as the only time I tried to drink from one of those cardboard cups through the lid, it went everywhere !!!!

I knew a lady for a few years who reminds me of Kathy the way she talks etc ... not looks though... weirdly her daughter is called Rebecca too lol ...
I think her final show is The Morning Show on Thursday.

What is it with people who need to go shopping with a cup of coffee in their hand. Coffee cup in one hand mobile in the other . I’m a coffee lover but sit down to drink it even If I’m doing something else.
All this coffee carrying has been exaggerated by tv dramas (started in America) where 'types' would hurry to work carrying their morning 'fix'. Not so long ago it was bottled water that was glued to the hip.

I think there is something wrong with my mouth, as the only time I tried to drink from one of those cardboard cups through the lid, it went everywhere !!!!
It's to show everyone that they're busy or important! My daughter & son in law can't face any food or drink too early in the day so take their coffee in bamboo cups when they go to work, but I love them so will forgive anything. The Italians have got it right with their coffee bars where people just stand when having their drink then go - no fuss but also stylish.

& then

Unfortunately Kathy Taylor is a symptom of,all that is wrong with QVC at the moment,most of the shop assistants ( their certainly not presenters ) are smug beyond belief, and one in particular always makes me want to have a good dettol wash after a few minutes viewing.
s.a.e. please 🙂

I had a bloke come into my store on Sunday, he was wearing his face mask with an unlit cigarette poking out of the top.

We have people coming in wearing face masks but every so often they pull it down to sip the coffee they bought from Costa opposite us (and they don't have a problem leaving their empty or nearly empty cups on shelves, book displays etc either)

Covid missed a trick, if it mutated so it only killed off the stupid, ignorant and cruel, especially those who are cruel to children and animals, we could leave it alone to get on with it.

I've woken up in a seriously bad mood, I think my one remaining hormone is kicking off!
They should spontaneously combust

We don't see it much here in Italy BUT I have noitced that nearly every TV series shows people walking along the street with bucket size coffee as if they are far to busy to sit down and drink it like a normal person. Makes me foam at the mouth! No pun intended!

It’s to give the impression that they are too busy with important issues to take a minute to behave like a normal person despite the fact that they are only doing the weekly grocery shop or walking* the dog. Agree it’s the affectation that they are part of a US TV show like West Wing.

Well, when I used to work, there was always an area where a cup of coffee or tea could be made to have at the desk, - so with all this hurrying around carrying a 'comfort' coffee to work does this mean those 'kitchen' areas have all been rendered extinct in the work place now ?

Unfortunately Kathy Taylor is a symptom of,all that is wrong with QVC at the moment,most of the shop assistants ( their certainly not presenters ) are smug beyond belief, and one in particular always makes me want to have a good dettol wash after a few minutes viewing.
s.a.e. please 🙂
Ooh, difficult decision for me as there are two females & one male that make me feel that way :sick:

I got miffed on Adele's behalf after the hooha when she put her hair into bantu knots and got slated for cultural appropriation (or something like that). I have afro-type hair despite being milk-bottle white and have straightened my hair the last 15 years or so. Like millions of women.

Including thousands of black women! Has anyone ever moaned about them doing it? FFS I do wish people would grow up about stuff like this.

Social Media seems to be turning youngsters into a bunch of whingers unable to take any responsibility for themselves. The BBC news ran a segment earlier about an 'influencer' who makes a LOT of money from her followers (baaaaa!) complaining that the companies aren't stepping in to help after she'd been blamed for promoting and selling a dodgy (and illegal) drug that is supposed to give you a 'Kardashian body'.

I could start with the old chestnut a fool and their money are soon parted but what really annoyed me was the woman's attitude and complete unwillingness to take any blame. It's all SM's fault apparently.

Then there was the bloke stuck in India due to the Australian travel ban. Moaning his butt off about how unfair it was. He obviously hasn't noticed nor cared that there's a pandemic on and a very real risk of carrying the Indian variant back to Australia. You took the risk of travelling, you accept the blame if something going wrong, not sit there on the telly moaning about it!

I'm awfully ranty today...
I totally agree.

Great post.

It's to show everyone that they're busy or important! My daughter & son in law can't face any food or drink too early in the day so take their coffee in bamboo cups when they go to work, but I love them so will forgive anything. The Italians have got it right with their coffee bars where people just stand when having their drink then go - no fuss but also stylish.

& then
Yes. Humans could always get an espresso, which = fast fix, no carrying!

Thursday

Latest posts

Back