I've received my statement ! ! !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I became a Q customer a couple of weeks after it started & I was a ✨good one✨ When I see something I like, & I've got the money, I buy but I don't do it rashly. Consequently I was happy with my Q purchases & only returned a few that were faulty. I still wear the clothes, shoes & jewellery, love my Kitchenaid & I'm sitting next to a Boyds bear named Donovan who has lived with us since the 90s. I probably spent a King's ransom but would probably have done the same with other retailers over those 27 years. The p&p they charge is high but I think that's true of many companies; I buy my underwear from a Danish firm whose warehouse is in the UK but I have to factor in £5 p&p unless I'm spending £90+. Because I've closed my Q account I doubt I'd be able to have a shock & awe statement but as I can't take a penny out of this life I don't care.

18 x 200g = 3.6 Kg
That the weight of a new born baby!

£24,296.27
Exactly.
You are both so close so I'll now reveal it was £24,554-48, so only £258-21 out. Are you a psychic?

I still haven't studied it, but when I do, I'll post the prices of items that were worthwhile and I still use, and the ones which were tat and rubbish.

Re the decorating set, as far as I remember from 17 years ago it was gadgety because it had one handle but various interchangeable brush heads. But thinking about it, that is rather pointless, and probably cost more than proper brushes with their own handles :(

And I remember the QVC hype about the Kuhn Rikon tall egg boiler that you could boil 20 eggs at once! No idea why that persuaded me to buy it because I've never needed to cook more than 2 ! But I still use it regularly, it is an excellent piece of cookware, but mine is the stainless steel version. They also did a non-stick version that had very poor reviews because the coating peeled off. It is over £45 on Amazon, I think I paid about 1/2 this as a TSV, and I had a free silicone trivet for it as well. So this was one of my GOOD buys.

Kuhn Rikon egg boiler .jpg

I bought that Kuhn Rikon egg thingy too, although I think it was originally demonstrated as suitable for pasta. I didn’t like it and gave it to charity after two uses.

Oooh! Now I have to demand a prize - photos of your most useless purchases ever. That should give hours of amusement! :devilish:

(Unless of course it's something I've bought as well, in which case I'll be mortified).

I have just started to check the list, I'm only on page 1 so far and already found an anomaly and had to phone Q.

Also, I was surprised that the PP was so expensive even in those days. As I've said above, £3-95 PP for a £9-98 item, and £4-95 for a set of 15 lock'n'locks costing £29-55.

The anomaly seemed to be that I was charged twice for an expensive gym machine, a strider walker £131-88 + £7-45 PP ! (I STLL USE IT). I am also using my old diaries to check, but couldn't understand about this.

It seems that the computer display didn't work and Q couldn't just replace this, so I had to disassemble the very heavy machine and have the whole thing replaced.

Although it looks like I was charged twice, Q told me that "that's the way they show things on the list" and assured me I had only been charged once. Not sure if I've still got credit card statements from 17 years ago but I will look and check.

It will take me days to check things, but I find it interesting, and also my diary tells me that I was in uni studying for a law degree at that time. all a hazy memory now.

I intend to keep adding posts about all this as it is a way of recording it for myself, but if no-one is interested then just skip this thread. I'll be giving info on what was good and what was tat, as in my previous post above.

You are both so close so I'll now reveal it was £24,554-48, so only £258-21 out. Are you a psychic?

I still haven't studied it, but when I do, I'll post the prices of items that were worthwhile and I still use, and the ones which were tat and rubbish.

Re the decorating set, as far as I remember from 17 years ago it was gadgety because it had one handle but various interchangeable brush heads. But thinking about it, that is rather pointless, and probably cost more than proper brushes with their own handles :(

And I remember the QVC hype about the Kuhn Rikon tall egg boiler that you could boil 20 eggs at once! No idea why that persuaded me to buy it because I've never needed to cook more than 2 ! But I still use it regularly, it is an excellent piece of cookware, but mine is the stainless steel version. They also did a non-stick version that had very poor reviews because the coating peeled off. It is over £45 on Amazon, I think I paid about 1/2 this as a TSV, and I had a free silicone trivet for it as well. So this was one of my GOOD buys.

View attachment 22045
I'm confused, I reduced my guess down to 10k because your p&p charges were £1,300 ish - I spent under 7k and I paid £900 in p&p which isn't wildly less than the amount you paid, yet you got over 24k's worth delivered. I must've had loads of purchases where the p&p was nearly as much as the item!

I'm confused, I reduced my guess down to 10k because your p&p charges were £1,300 ish - I spent under 7k and I paid £900 in p&p which isn't wildly less than the amount you paid, yet you got over 24k's worth delivered. I must've had loads of purchases where the p&p was nearly as much as the item!
Yet my 1st ever item was £9-98 with £3-95 PP, I must have been mad!

Latest posts

Back