I've received my statement ! ! !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Because I've closed my Q account I doubt I'd be able to have a shock & awe statement but as I can't take a penny out of this life I don't care.
Cartoon will spent all money 241194251_4532396.jpg

You are both so close so I'll now reveal it was £24,554-48, so only £258-21 out. Are you a psychic?

I still haven't studied it, but when I do, I'll post the prices of items that were worthwhile and I still use, and the ones which were tat and rubbish.

Re the decorating set, as far as I remember from 17 years ago it was gadgety because it had one handle but various interchangeable brush heads. But thinking about it, that is rather pointless, and probably cost more than proper brushes with their own handles :(

And I remember the QVC hype about the Kuhn Rikon tall egg boiler that you could boil 20 eggs at once! No idea why that persuaded me to buy it because I've never needed to cook more than 2 ! But I still use it regularly, it is an excellent piece of cookware, but mine is the stainless steel version. They also did a non-stick version that had very poor reviews because the coating peeled off. It is over £45 on Amazon, I think I paid about 1/2 this as a TSV, and I had a free silicone trivet for it as well. So this was one of my GOOD buys.

View attachment 22045
I’ve got the same Kuhn Rikon. I use it for asparagus and salad potatoes.

Strato, you are a brave, brave man!
Me, I'm making like an ostrich over my past spending excesses.
Me to, I would never dare request my statement and certainly couldn’t have it delivered to the house. I used to be a complete addict which started when I suffered from post natal depression after having my son. The parcels arriving made me feel better. My son is now 29 and I’ve been purchasing from QVC almost from day one - I think I was on maternity leave when it started. I have enough make-up, nail polish and toiletries to last me the rest of my life (I’m 54).

You are both so close so I'll now reveal it was £24,554-48, so only £258-21 out. Are you a psychic?

I still haven't studied it, but when I do, I'll post the prices of items that were worthwhile and I still use, and the ones which were tat and rubbish.

Re the decorating set, as far as I remember from 17 years ago it was gadgety because it had one handle but various interchangeable brush heads. But thinking about it, that is rather pointless, and probably cost more than proper brushes with their own handles :(

And I remember the QVC hype about the Kuhn Rikon tall egg boiler that you could boil 20 eggs at once! No idea why that persuaded me to buy it because I've never needed to cook more than 2 ! But I still use it regularly, it is an excellent piece of cookware, but mine is the stainless steel version. They also did a non-stick version that had very poor reviews because the coating peeled off. It is over £45 on Amazon, I think I paid about 1/2 this as a TSV, and I had a free silicone trivet for it as well. So this was one of my GOOD buys.

View attachment 22045
I had the non-stick, enamelled version and it was rubbish. It stayed at the back of our pantry for years but then went in the bin.

I am thinking of adding marks out 10 for tat-worthiness.

Not sure whether the marks should be high for good items and low for tat/rubbish items, or vice versa.

One item with a high score for tat was a battery powered small icecream maker. Firstly, it only made very small quantities of about 1 helping. But the main problem was that batteries do not work at -18 degrees. So I put it into the freezer with the mixing blades turning, and within a very short time they stopped because the batteries died in the cold. I'll give the price when I come across it in the list. TAT SCORE MAXIMUM.

Not sure whether the marks should be high for good items and low for tat/rubbish items, or vice versa.

One item with a high score for tat was a battery powered small icecream maker. Firstly, it only made very small quantities of about 1 helping. But the main problem was that batteries do not work at -18 degrees. So I put it into the freezer with the mixing blades turning, and within a very short time they stopped because the batteries died in the cold. I'll give the price when I come across it in the list. TAT SCORE MAXIMUM.
I also bought this ice maker, mine also stopped working when placed in the freezer as the batteries died in the cold. Think I used it once before binning it, such a waste of money....lesson learnt. 10/10 on the tat scale 😂

Hmm I could write a book on this thread lol. I probably need to trawl back through purchases over the last few years (or however long that list goes back on your account). I could sell tat for Scotland with what I bought. The worst? Sticky hooks that didn't stick? Lights that didn't light up? There must have been some big things, I'll need to look.

I'm not a high street shopper and when shopping online became a thing I was right there from the start. QVC's dream customer (or biggest mug?)

A wasp has just appeared and you will have to excuse me while I hunt it down. Welcome to the House of Death Wasp :devilish::devilish:
CC

Imagine if we could all send out tat back it would be like winning the lottery. Just sent a Bobbi Brown kit back it was £50 plus pounds but only liked the little brush not the other two products. Umm and ahhhed about sending it back but thought get a grip you have hundreds of brushes already.

Hmm I could write a book on this thread lol. I probably need to trawl back through purchases over the last few years (or however long that list goes back on your account). I could sell tat for Scotland with what I bought. The worst? Sticky hooks that didn't stick? Lights that didn't light up? There must have been some big things, I'll need to look.

I'm not a high street shopper and when shopping online became a thing I was right there from the start. QVC's dream customer (or biggest mug?)

A wasp has just appeared and you will have to excuse me while I hunt it down. Welcome to the House of Death Wasp :devilish::devilish:
CC
I read that as the death wasp lives in your house 🤣... well, there are murder Hornets, and killer bees, so why not a death wasp?

I AM SURPRISED HOW EXPENSIVE pp WAS (SORRY CAPS LOCK) 17 years ago, I thought it was a more recent scam.

Next 3 items in 2004 - - -

(3) Samsung video camera £361-20 + £5-45 = £366-65

This was excellent and was used many times, but is now totally obsolete. It used small cassette tapes and big external batteries, I doubt if either are available now. And these days, even a cheap smartphone or tablet will take videos, probably of better quality and without the fuss of running out of tape. Then there was all the bother of transferring from the tape onto a PC, which had to be done in real time ie a 1 hour tape would take 1 hour just to get it onto the PC.

Was a good buy at the time, but now virtually useless, although it probably still works.

(4) Set of 4 solar lamps at £25-98, I bought 2 sets so PP £7-42 = £59-38.

These days, that is a ridiculous price for solar lamps, but it was the first time I'd come across them. QVC were good at introducing new items in those days. Of the 8, 6 have packed in (even with new batteries) and 2 are still being used, but on their last legs. That's why I bought the recent TSV to replace them. But not bad for 17 years.

(5) Phil Tyne Total Trainer. This was a complete gym system, very similar in design to the Pilates machines, but with loads of accessories so very versatile. 2 of the bungees have broken, but I STILL USE IT EVERY 2 DAYS, MAINLY FOR AB EXERCISES.

Having bought it, I then googled it and FOUND THIS FORUM where I discovered that it had previously been sold cheaper as a TSV :( :( :( But as I said, still in regular use, and very high quality, built like a tank.

£180-00 + £12-95 ! ! ! = £192-95

If anyone else has bought any of the items I have, please let me know, and your opinions and the fate of the items.

I've just taken a selfie - - - - -

Phil Tyne trainer .jpg

Last edited:

Another idiot here who bought the battery powered ice cream maker...what a pile of junk. It took up an entire freezer shelf and was as effective in churning ice cream as an arthritic 90 year old with a teaspoon! The contents went in runny and came out runny. Ended up giving the double bowl it came with to my mum to give to her cat as a feeding bowl!

I AM SURPRISED HOW EXPENSIVE pp WAS (SORRY CAPS LOCK) 17 years ago, I thought it was a more recent scam.

Next 3 items in 2004 - - -

(3) Samsung video camera £361-20 + £5-45 = £366-65

This was excellent and was used many times, but is now totally obsolete. It used small cassette tapes and big external batteries, I doubt if either are available now. And these days, even a cheap smartphone or tablet will take videos, probably of better quality and without the fuss of running out of tape. Then there was all the bother of transferring from the tape onto a PC, which had to be done in real time ie a 1 hour tape would take 1 hour just to get it onto the PC.

Was a good buy at the time, but now virtually useless, although it probably still works.

(4) Set of 4 solar lamps at £25-98, I bought 2 sets so PP £7-42 = £59-38.

These days, that is a ridiculous price for solar lamps, but it was the first time I'd come across them. QVC were good at introducing new items in those days. Of the 8, 6 have packed in (even with new batteries) and 2 are still being used, but on their last legs. That's why I bought the recent TSV to replace them. But not bad for 17 years.

(5) Phil Tyne Total Trainer. This was a complete gym system, very similar in design to the Pilates machines, but with loads of accessories so very versatile. 2 of the bungees have broken, but I STILL USE IT EVERY 2 DAYS, MAINLY FOR AB EXERCISES.

Having bought it, I then googled it and FOUND THIS FORUM where I discovered that it had previously been sold cheaper as a TSV :( :( :( But as I said, still in regular use, and very high quality, built like a tank.

£180-00 + £12-95 ! ! ! = £192-95

If anyone else has bought any of the items I have, please let me know, and your opinions and the fate of the items.

I've just taken a selfie - - - - -

View attachment 22060
My word those cashews have worked wonders 😉😂

I asked for mine about 12 years ago. It was £14,500 ish and I’d only shopped with QVC for three years after getting Freeview. 😳

I‘ve no idea how much they’ve had from me now. I only buy the odd thing nowadays, if I can’t source it more cheaply elsewhere, but I won’t be asking them to send me my latest copy of “War and Peace“ any time soon. 😉

Latest posts

Back