Should TSV threads be posted a maximum of 14 days before?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Should TSV threads be posted a maximum of 14 days before?

• Yes

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 33 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sazza

Staff member
Due to QVC continually changing dates of TSVs we are pondering whether we should allow TSV threads as soon as they appear on the TV guide. Perhaps allowing them only 2 weeks before would be better?

As I say it is just something being pondered and if we do make changes there would be some exceptions like some of the big brands, as an example, Elemis, who normally include the next TSV date on a leaflet inside a current TSV so that is a date that would be extremely unlikely to change.

Anyway decided to do a wee poll, see what you all think to maybe help with the pondering.

Due to QVC continually changing dates of TSVs we are pondering whether we should allow TSV threads as soon as they appear on the TV guide. Perhaps allowing them only 2 weeks before would be better?

As I say it is just something being pondered and if we do make changes there would be some exceptions like some of the big brands, as an example, Elemis, who normally include the next TSV date on a leaflet inside a current TSV so that is a date that would be extremely unlikely to change.

Anyway decided to do a wee poll, see what you all think to maybe help with the pondering.
I favour them being published any time ahead/in advance - ie as soon as that poster has the intel. If things change, then a post can easily be made informing us of the change - as often happens.

Change is constant, part of life, so why not work with it?

I expect people's views will differ - I suppose a vote at least is democratic & transparent.

I favour them being published any time ahead/in advance - ie as soon as that poster has the intel. If things change, then a post can easily be made informing us of the change - as often happens.

Change is constant, part of life, so why not work with it?

I expect people's views will differ - I suppose a vote at least is democratic & transparent.
Poll is just to help us ponder, we may not necessarily go in direction of poll result.

But only for brands confirmed they are actually having the TSV that date. Liz Earle, Elemis, Gatineau, Molton Brown who are consistent in staying on the date. The other brand TSVs seems to change dates, so closer to the date should wait until confirmed as that is the day they are having a TSV.

I don’t have a problem with them being posted early, I have seen a couple of comments recently but in my opinion this is not an issue.
As SCW posts a lot of threads early, I’m not sure how much extra work this may create for him & may be a consideration too.
Didn’t know you could do a poll, not seen it before, does that mean we can request polls in the future?

Last edited:
Can`t see the point of posting threads about upcoming tsv`s too early. The later the better as far as I`m concerned because if they`re posted too early then the thread just gets pushed further down the page or even onto the following page and pardon the pun, people then lose the thread of the conversation, well I do anyway.
To be honest so many of us rarely buy from Q these days and tsv`s often get more negative than positive comments so in my opinion just chuck a mention on the page a few days beforehand and that way it may stop confusion about what or when the tsv actually is for sure.
SCW posts stuff elsewhere as well as here so I`m sure his followers won`t be missing out on information or mis-information.

Can`t see the point of posting threads about upcoming tsv`s too early. The later the better as far as I`m concerned because if they`re posted too early then the thread just gets pushed further down the page or even onto the following page and pardon the pun, people then lose the thread of the conversation, well I do anyway.
To be honest so many of us rarely buy from Q these days and tsv`s often get more negative than positive comments so in my opinion just chuck a mention on the page a few days beforehand and that way it may stop confusion about what or when actually is for sure.
SCW posts stuff elsewhere as well as here so I`m sure his followers won`t be missing out on information or mis-information.
Thank goodness someone speaking some sense out of all this. 👏🏼

Another reason not to post tsv threads too early is when people jump onto an early tsv thread and ask SCW is there anymore information, they nearly always get told its too early and he won`t have more info until about 7 days beforehand or even on the actual tsv day itself. So why post threads early to have questions none of us can answer ?
We all know how fickle QVC can be and how they can do a U turn on a sixpence and change items/programmes/presenters at a moment`s notice.

But only for brands confirmed they are actually having the TSV that date. Liz Earle, Elemis, Gatineau, Molton Brown who are consistent in staying on the date. The other brand TSVs seems to change dates, so closer to the date should wait until confirmed as that is the day they are having a TSV.
Yes the big brands are less likely to change.
I don’t have a problem with them being posted early, I have seen a couple of comments recently but in my opinion this is not an issue.
As SCW posts a lot of threads early, I’m not sure how much extra work this may create for him & may be a consideration too.
Didn’t know you could do a poll, not seen it before, does that mean we can request polls in the future?
There have been recent comments but it is something we have been wondering about for a while.

In terms of 'work' I cannot see how it becomes extra, no difference if a thread got posted today 28 days before or in 14 days time or even 21 days, as I say we are pondering.

In terms of polls that has always been a facility on the forum and people are free to start them, if someone wanted to start one to find out the favoured beauty brand for example then that is perfectly acceptable but if it was something to do with how forum is run then that may not be appropriate but would be looked at on case by case basis.
To be honest so many of us rarely buy from Q these days and tsv`s often get more negative than positive comments so in my opinion just chuck a mention on the page a few days beforehand and that way it may stop confusion about what or when the tsv actually is for sure.
Another reason not to post tsv threads too early is when people jump onto an early tsv thread and ask SCW is there anymore information, they nearly always get told its too early and he won`t have more info until about 7 days beforehand or even on the actual tsv day itself. So why post threads early to have questions none of us can answer ?
We all know how fickle QVC can be and how they can do a U turn on a sixpence and change items/programmes/presenters at a moment`s notice.
Quite a few very valid points there Vienna.

2 weeks, or maximum 3 weeks ahead will prevent some threads becoming nonsensical when it morphs from discussing one TSV to a completely different one when that original one has changed.
Threads 'morph'/change topic? frequently, which is typical of a 'discussion forum'. The morph from Molton Brown to penises being one of the more memorable morphs, which I recall many enjoyed & had a good laugh over.

Such is the natural ebb & flow of relaxed discussion. It'd be such a shame to loose that.

The TV schedules change a lot & we all manage.

If it's not broken?

Threads 'morph'/change topic? frequently, which is typical of a 'discussion forum'. The morph from Molton Brown to penises being one of the more memorable morphs, which I recall many enjoyed & had a good laugh over.

Such is the natural ebb & flow of relaxed discussion. It'd be such a shame to loose that.

The TV schedules change a lot & we all manage.

If it's not broken?
That is misinterpreting what I mean. Digressions are one thing, discussing a product, say a kichen gadget, which then becomes a beauty product is something else.
I love the fact that the topic becomes enriched by personal experiences or reminiscences. That's not the same at all, imo.

I like to know about a TSV as soon as possible as you can plan your purchases, especially if you are waiting for a particular brand to come up rather than paying full price.
If the date changes, it not normally by much
I appreciate your comment but IMHO does this actually in practice cover the majority of the TSV empty threads posted a month or so in advance.
Just take for example the Moda TSV thread for in a months time.
So if you require a new pair of trainers for the gym, as yours are failing apart.
Do you ignore all local high street sales or online offers in favour of a possibility of a trainer TSV.
You are going on holiday the week following the TSV do you await the TSV to pick up some possible flip flops that maybe or not on offer.
Or 10 days after the TSV you have your daughters wedding and require a new pair of strappy sandals and a matching bag.
Do you avoid making any decisions regarding your outfit in the hope Q are having any sandals or a bag as the TSV.

Can I clarify the poll & how to vote.
The question is should TSV threads be posted a maximin of 14 days before?
So do you vote yes if you only want 14 days notice.
Do you vote no if you want more than 14 days notice.
Or am I reading this wrong?

I took it to mean the same as you.

I took it to mean the same as you.
That's my take on it, and that's how I made my voting choice.
Yes as you comment I too take it as either with in 14 days or above 14 days notice.
What I‘m personally considering with the 14 days or over 14 days option on this voting poll.
Is that whilst I may say and I want over 14 days notice on a TSV, as longer the better and lets have the details posted as soon as.
With the threads being started of 4-6 weeks in advance they highly likely just going to contain a possible brand and date and a lot of late many changes taking place.
What then will more than likely happen in realty is that the confirmed details will only get posted at the very best two weeks before, more than likely the week of the TSV.
Unless it’s like the major beauty brands we wait for that news tends to filter out much sooner.
Personally selfish as it may seem I’m not really interested in threads started say a month in advance clogging up the other threads of say a title Ruth Langsford, Marla Wynne, Moda en Pelle, expensive kitchen brands etc. etc.
Other brands say Skechers, Joules etc. maybe of interest but their ranges are so varied.
Most definitely on certain TSV threads if there’s only a title ie Gardening TSV sat on the forum for a month.
I’m hardly gonna know if its of any interest until I know what part of gardening it is. Say if it’s plant food, a plant, bulbs, chair, or whatever lights or lantern it is, which maybe confirmed the week of.

They call it a “Today’s Special Value” so the fact that a lot of them are pre-launched days before the date is ridiculous as far as I’m concerned. They should call it something else. However, as none of the TSVs appeal to me in the main they could be on pre-launch a year before the due date and I’d still ignore them. The fact that Elemis, Marla Wynne and the like are never off our screens is the main reason that I don’t often bother switching the channel on any more.

I look ahead on my TV schedule and if there is something I’m interested in then I watch the presentation and then look to source it elsewhere. They often say that an item is exclusive to QVC so obviously they don’t bother looking elsewhere because 90% of the time the item is not exclusive. 🙄 “Made especially for QVC” suggests to me that it might not be as good a quality.

I think the channel’s turned me into a sceptic. 😂

Yes that is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back