Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's a quiet Saturday night, so I've tuned in to Statler and Waldorf watch show, showing a mathey Tissot Tiffany dial, and our Kev couldn't say the word, Tiffany, kept alluding to Audrey Hepburn and saying " breakfast at............."
I suppose a McDonald's watch wouldn't be as attractive 🤣
That was mentioned in the earlier show when Pervy Pete said that they have both been working together as a double act for 35 years :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
I'm assuming Kevski was giving out the flyers whilst Pete was reeling the punters in to the burger joints.

Well my job is done 😎 a lifetime achievement of a mention by Peter Simon on live TV 💗 an apology, not necessary, but a spelling correction by Ideal world for meteorite 😁 hammy must be doing something wrong 🤣 I can sleep well tonight 😎
They probably have Hammys email Address on some kinda block so it doesnt get through.

It's a quiet Saturday night, so I've tuned in to Statler and Waldorf watch show, showing a mathey Tissot Tiffany dial, and our Kev couldn't say the word, Tiffany, kept alluding to Audrey Hepburn and saying " breakfast at............."
I suppose a McDonald's watch wouldn't be as attractive 🤣
Again it tells you the kind of viewer they target. I watched 10 mins of the Swan & Edgar show last night and one of the watches had a green colour on the face. The guy from S&E said it's a really 'in' colour this year and is used by one of the world's largest companies. Paul B said 'I suppose we could refer to it as apple green :)' and the S&E guy said 'yes I suppose we could.'

So we've to deduce from this little exchange that Apple is using a similar colour on some of their latest products.

WHO ... GIVES ... A ... F*** ?!?

The sad thing is some people do. The connection to more exclusive and expensive brands is important to them, and it's those sort of folk IW target with their sales guff. In that sense they're not daft.

I saw Alan flogging the air cooler this morning , he genuinely was going to buy one for the bedroom , I thought he genuinely already had a Benneco fan already in the bedroom ?
He meant to say he was going to buy one .... FOR HIS DAD ... but he forgot.
He'll have to go to presenter's detention class for an hour , where he'll have to repeat ' I'M ABSOLUTELY LOVING THIS !' and 'STUNNING , JUST STUNNING' until he's learned his lesson.

I saw Alan flogging the air cooler this morning , he genuinely was going to buy one for the bedroom , I thought he genuinely already had a Benneco fan already in the bedroom ?

Shona just did a price match showing a couple of places selling it at around £130.

Strangely they didn't price match with the air coller on Tower's own web site as with promo code it's £77.99, £12 cheaper than IW. :eek:

You'll think I'm lying, I'm not. The following is TRUE!

I hopped on last night (I'm guilty of being a channel hopper so this is also true, I'm up and down the listings like a yo-yo!) and Mike M was flogging sunglasses with one of the models.

First of all, Mike M came out with a bit of bull. The sunglasses were around £28 I think and he said 'When ya see sunglasses at this price, ya grab a few pairs don't ya!!!'

Nope. Could it be you are trying to encourage multi-buying?!? Thus getting viewers into more debt. Nice.

Then the model starts giving it a sales pitch, including this line ...

'And they're a really nice weight on your face ...'

HA HA HAaaa!!! These muppets are OBSESSED with the weight of things :) :) :)

The models are as bad as the presenters and guests.

Every piece of clothing they model is beautiful, fantastic, luxurious, etc etc, you could see top celebs and royalty wearing this or find it in top boutiques blah blah.

IW is just one big collection of shysters.;)

Flogging a drone yesterday. They showed some VT of the drone flying outside however they still don't show actual footage from the drone. Granted the quality we see would be governed by our own tv's quality, however I find it very interesting they never show on-board footage from these drones, or if they do I've evidently missed it.

After all the quality must be great. The toys guy often bleats on about the studio cameras costing £10k and the £200 drone having its own HD camera ...

;)

Speaking of annoying folks, drone guy tops the list, he is way beyond annoying. IW should have a warning before he's on screen, ie "the following program contains a guest who is so f****** annoying that he could cause severe stress and high blood pressure to viewers, which could lead to some viewers having fits of anger and violence aimed at their tv set".

Shona, flogging the cooler (sorry wrong spelling a few posts ago :oops:) been waffling on about struggling in the studio with the heat all day, only the guest area has air conditioning, and what a relief the air cooler is. Then she moves on to a cooling towels which she hasn't a clue how it works (evaporation dear, evaporation, it's amazing how dumb some of these educmacated folks are), but anyway they put on a VT of Timmy using the towel, and low and behold he says he must admit although he's away to do the demo he's not actually that hot as he's in an AIR CONDITIONED STUDIO. Shona, you better have a word with Tim, he's contradicting you. ;)

Oh it's Miss Precision, a word famous and renowned master horologist. :ROFLMAO:

On the subject of air coolers, Shaun *and he wasnt being funny....Says he bought one for his dressing room, Shaun must have a bank balance like a sultan as if he isnt crusing he is buying a watch if its not buying a watch its a blender and now he has moved onto buying fans for his dressing room, and all along mind folks he isnt being funny!

You have to laugh with the bullshit they spout about the Edgar watch, and Chas in the studio likes it.

I bet the Heritor designers put a lot of work into that watch, looked at the Zodiac website and see the Super Sea Wolf range and said hey, well copy it and call it Edgar and claim we designed it.

Of course that goes for a lot of the watches from Resultco. ;)

On the subject of air coolers, Shaun *and he wasnt being funny....Says he bought one for his dressing room, Shaun must have a bank balance like a sultan as if he isnt crusing he is buying a watch if its not buying a watch its a blender and now he has moved onto buying fans for his dressing room, and all along mind folks he isnt being funny!

And "I can honestly say" that "my name is Shaun BTW" buys heaps of stuff for his "mam" as well.

As i said the other day, the different presenters keep going on about how were all penny pinching and watching our money during these hard times, and prices are rising yet they are spending money like it's going out of fashion with all the stuff they claim to be buying from IW for themselves, family and friends.;)

And "I can honestly say" that "my name is Shaun BTW" buys heaps of stuff for his "mam" as well.

As i said the other day, the different presenters keep going on about how were all penny pinching and watching our money during these hard times, and prices are rising yet they are spending money like it's going out of fashion with all the stuff they claim to be buying from IW for themselves, family and friends.;)
Don't assume that 'cos he says he's buying a fan for his dressing room that the claim contains a single syllable of truth.
He's programmed to say whatever he believes will gain sales -that's the sum total of the job.
It's a dead cert that the I.W premises are air- conditioned in any case.

Latest posts

Back