Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Watching now the "collectors" show, and one of Bordells watches in the winder has the seconds hand stopping, then jumping 🤣 I first thought why's he put a quartz watch in a winder? It's that bad 😲 it's the Cadola

BTW those watch winders are on Ali, a lot, lot cheaper. ;)

Shaun mentioned the FT, so went looking and low and behold the shysters appeared in an article, oh and the biggest shyster features a lot and got his smug face in on the act.

Some poor sod has bought 89 watches at a cost of £45,000 from IW in the last two tears. :eek:

One of my treasured footballing memories is Archie Gemmill weaving his magic against Holland to make it 2-3 for Scotland at Argentina 78. I watch it over and over again. I won’t forget the right kit either. Unlike IW.

A tournament we looked forward to with so much hope and expectations which ended being a disaster, apart from the Holland game, and especially Archie's goal.

I have the 1800h CFC 3 programme (a one year full-time watchmaking course) and repair/ service watches for my part time job, and Hammy definitely knows more about which mechanisms are in which watches than I do.
Hammy’s a star *
In fact, this whole thread is one of the most fun and the people some of the wittiest, anywhere on the web.

I like the style of humour on here, never fails to make me laugh! When my mum was alive and the Bid TV forum was active she was always asking me "is there anything new on the forum," she loved it too. She used to see more of the shopping channels than me because she was at home all day and used to tell me the nonsense she heard. There's so much misery in the world so it's good to have a place we can have a giggle.

Yes he is. Covering up the significant tear in the ‘strong’ box with his substantial chipolata of a finger. The greasy capon of a weeble.

On another note sorry for this rant has anyone noticed the outrageous in price increases on amazon tried to get the same small dehumidifiers as got not long ago they have doubled in price same for old black and white dvds you used to get for a few pounds are now 3 times the price

I am not keen on that Bordello fellow. I didn’t like the way he covered up the tear in the jamboree bag…er..very strong box the cheap clock and watch came in. I am also not keen on his head being the wrong way up. Perhaps that’s why it sounds like he is talking out of his bottom end quite frequently.

I am not keen on that Bordello fellow. I didn’t like the way he covered up the tear in the jamboree bag…er..very strong box the cheap clock and watch came in. I am also not keen on his head being the wrong way up. Perhaps that’s why it sounds like he is talking out of his bottom end quite frequently.

He's the biggest shyster of them all, the amount of misinformation he deliberately spouts is mind-boggling.

He was part of my complaint to ASA, which was upheld, when CCCP first appeared he was claiming they were a Russian brand and Russian made watches, with Peter Simon wittering on about how great the Russian engineering on the bracelets and cases was, and how the watch they were showing, was the Gorky, had an S2427 Slava movement in it. Bordell even had this Russian watchmakers book on Russian movements to show viewers how many parts there was to the S2427 movement, blah blah, it was actually an NH35a in the watch. :ROFLMAO:
Of course since ASA told them off, now they are Russian inspired rather than Russian made, but like the rest of the Solar Time brands that feature on IW, they still have never mentioned they are Chinese made and owned.

Now if it was just one of IW's own pretendy experts then you could give them the benefit of the doubt due to ignorance and being fed bogus script info by the IW researchers/buyers etc, but ignorance or bogus info can't be used as an excuse for Bordell as he works for The Dartmouth Brands (Solar Time), so knows exactly who owns the brands, where the watches are made and what's in them, same goes when he keeps saying RGMT is an American brand and having to get watches in quickly from the states etc, he's knowingly deceiving viewers.

You notice he also tells the story about the history/heritage of all the old defunct brands, then says, which WE have brought back, yet he never reveals who WE are, not one iota of info about the new brands owners, location etc.

He also says he's been into watches for years, but fails to mention he might have interest in watches for years as an enthusiast/collector, but his experience in the watch business is just 10 years total and he had an abysmal record, 4 years in partnership with his wife in an on-line watch retailer, which he resigned as a director from after 4 years (money troubles) and transferred his shares to his wife, then the company lasted another 4 years before going tits up leaving loads of unhappy peeps.

Another of the Fields brands tonight, Anthony James watches. Some automatic watches at £34.95.

Can hear Mason now, 'how have you managed to get an automatic at these prices, these prices can't right, this has got to be wrong is someone checking the prices are right, these are going to fly out, website will be in meltdown.' :ROFLMAO:

You're right Mike prices look wrong, they look a bit high ;), you can buy similar/same quality watches with same movement (DD199) from Winner on Ali for £19.58 or £17.80 in the their sale which starts on Thursday.

Different day same old bullsh1t from Mike of the Masons! "Ee'd have these watches at the full price 6 days a week and twice on a Sunday" 🤪 I also chuckle at his little quote "If you saw someone in a bar with this watch on you'd think wow wow wow they've done well for themselves" :poop: No MotM & IW presenters in general I see carers, nurses, doctors, charity workers and think they have done well and doing well.

Ps Mike says he is as transparent as glass hahahahahaha!! What a guy :ROFLMAO:

You can just see how rough, nasty and cheap those skeleton movements are, definitely a Winner all day long. :ROFLMAO:

I thought Fields didn't use ambassadors/celebrity folk to promote their watches?
Different day same old bullsh1t from Mike of the Masons! "Ee'd have these watches at the full price 6 days a week and twice on a Sunday" 🤪 I also chuckle at his little quote "If you saw someone in a bar with this watch on you'd think wow wow wow they've done well for themselves" :poop: No MotM & IW presenters in general I see carers, nurses, doctors, charity workers and think they have done well and doing well.

Ps Mike says he is as transparent as glass hahahahahaha!! What a guy :ROFLMAO:

That bit is really becoming a favourite of his to use, everytime i see him he saying it.

Old Keep Wearin’ Yer Masks (he was a cheerleader on the ballroom set of Eyes Wide Shut), rolls ‘em out, he does. Maybe he forgets which anecdote is which, least credible and when he last wheeled it out. From memory…The Haggle for Diesel or a Twix Encounter… The Day He Covered for Ludek Miklosko in a League Cup first round match for West Ham v Gainsborough Trinity in 1963…His time in the Toy Department in Marshall & Snelgrove demonstrating Action Men with no clothes on (the Action Men, not him)..His time as a child extra on the deck of the Titanic in A Night to Remember…Stay Safe. Keep Kissin’ Yer Goddesses…

BTW those watch winders are on Ali, a lot, lot cheaper. ;)

Shaun mentioned the FT, so went looking and low and behold the shysters appeared in an article, oh and the biggest shyster features a lot and got his smug face in on the act.

Some poor sod has bought 89 watches at a cost of £45,000 from IW in the last two tears. :eek:

It’s news such as this that makes me so mad at 😡 IW.

Bear with me while we think what that *might* look like….
£45k on 89 watches would be just over £500 each. Now most of IW watches sell at around the £350 or so average, so let’s assume this poor collector bought 30 of IW’s better quality, Swiss Made auto watches (Matthey Tissot etc) at an average of around £800 each - that cost them £24,000. That leaves 59 watches at £21k so the remaining watches would have cost around £350 each - most likely Solar Time or Earnshaw, or similar.

Valuing that collection now would realise the seller around £500 each for the Swiss Watches (being generous, unless these were very collectible) so £15k, and around a tenner each for the Chinese-made others, so around £600. Let’s be generous because this is all just ‘rule of thumb‘ to approximate what is most likely, and let’s therefore double that to £1200.

So, thanks to Peter, Mike, Kevski, and the others, this collector has turned their £45k nest egg into around £16k or so. It’s almost criminal (to my mind anyway).

By all means, buy a nice Earnshaw or a Solar Time, but buy it because you like the look and realise it’ll last a few years and then be uneconomic to repair. It’ll never really have a resale value greater than a tenner or so, especially after the first couple of years, but it might give you great pleasure. If the salespeople gave out that kind of vibe, I’d be happy, but with what they do now, I honestly think it’s disgusting!

A tournament we looked forward to with so much hope and expectations which ended being a disaster, apart from the Holland game, and especially Archie's goal.
My mum and dad lived in Leeds in the early seventies, and it felt like you could almost see the whole Scottish International Squad play at the Leeds training ground - Bremner, Lorimer, Gray (Eddie and Frank), Harvey, Jordan and so on.

My mum and dad lived in Leeds in the early seventies, and it felt like you could almost see the whole Scottish International Squad play at the Leeds training ground - Bremner, Lorimer, Gray (Eddie and Frank), Harvey, Jordan and so on.

One of my fav English teams back then, Revie built a successful team at Leeds, won 2 titles but so close to winning 4/5 in that period, very physical but hey that was football back then. Leeds were never the same when Revie left, a bit like my team Aberdeen, when Ferguson left to manage Man Utd, both teams have struggled to get back to the heights of their glory days.

Latest posts

Back