Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good Frozen Testiclet Morning. My name is not Shaun, and I am a melting block of solid oxomoronical ice. Continuing with Icals, we have this wonderfully phantasmagorical ceramic radiator for all you sad sods in one room. Peter doesn’t have one, nobody here has one, but they are a veritable smorgasbord of intensely heated phantasmagoricalness. Minus 900 where I was. Frozen in ice pedestrians wherever I drove, rooted to the road. It was like Pompei in the Ice Age..Now, Peter - explain..Why don’t we all have something we all say is wonderful, money saving and clearly the solution to not being cold any longer? Okay, forget that curveball …Just show me your large thermometer..

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyman Racing Days with the woman who needs a strong and effective glue applied to her upper orifice. She has said the Super word, twice. Super Great. Super Brilliant. A linguistic crime that should mean incarceration in the Tower. Super Fast now. God, she and Shrek head are so annoying.

I have seen a similar type of day with a different company. My late wife bought a race day ‘experience’ for her nephews a few years back. Essentially, this involved a crowd of other teenagers, onlooking relatives, and queueing for ages to eventually get a quick instructional drive, and then a five minutes drive in a powerful car, accompanied by the instructor. No sooner had the customer drive begun, it ended. In fairness, they both enjoyed it, but in terms of value for the significant amount she paid it was Super Shyte…

The money is clearly made from things like the extra photographs as I remember. You got one photograph included as part of the cost, but they were pushing extra photos taken from more exciting angles which were additional to the pre-paid cost. These were not cheap either.

The Everyman Racing Days IW were pushing apparently at a special price of £199.99 buys you three miles each driven in three different fast type Lamborghini type cars. That will be over in a few minutes. Luckily, IW don’t do their own brand of these race days, as I think three miles each in a Proton Saga, Lada Samara and a Morris Ital wouldn’t quite mut the custard.

Everyman Racing Days with the woman who needs a strong and effective glue applied to her upper orifice. She has said the Super word, twice. Super Great. Super Brilliant. A linguistic crime that should mean incarceration in the Tower. Super Fast now. God, she and Shrek head are so annoying.

I have seen a similar type of day with a different company. My late wife bought a race day ‘experience’ for her nephews a few years back. Essentially, this involved a crowd of other teenagers, onlooking relatives, and queueing for ages to eventually get a quick instructional drive, and then a five minutes drive in a powerful car, accompanied by the instructor. No sooner had the customer drive begun, it ended. In fairness, they both enjoyed it, but in terms of value for the significant amount she paid it was Super Shyte…

The money is clearly made from things like the extra photographs as I remember. You got one photograph included as part of the cost, but they were pushing extra photos taken from more exciting angles which were additional to the pre-paid cost. These were not cheap either.

The Everyman Racing Days IW were pushing apparently at a special price of £199.99 buys you three miles each driven in three different fast type Lamborghini type cars. That will be over in a few minutes. Luckily, IW don’t do their own brand of these race days, as I think three miles each in a Proton Saga, Lada Samara and a Morris Ital wouldn’t quite mut the custard.
also included would be lap of the car park in Sallys Caravan

According to Peter S on a collectables show last night, this item and others were being sold at VASTLY discounted prices on IW:

It's a good job viewers can always rely on IW presenters to be open, transparent and tell it like it is. Oops, emmm wait a sec, what's this ...

Simons Peter selling body bags on IW this evening. No, it’s not an activated will show. It’s body bags as in handbags. “Buy two,” he whines..Why buy two when a person only wants to buy one? Get impressionable people into debt with irresponsible patter, why don‘t you? He then says he has sold all the top bags during his 37 years on shopping television - including Louis Vuitton, apparently. I am trying to work out a) what shopping channel has sold Louis Vuitton merchandise? Bid-Up TV? Can’t see that. I also doubt Louis Vuitton would opt to showcase their exclusive merchandise on any shopping television channel. Also, what shopping channel was operating in 1985 - the year he said he began in this job?

He then says he has sold all the top bags during his 37 years on shopping television - what shopping channel was operating in 1985 - the year he said he began in this job?

It's just more proof the he lies out of his arsehole just to get sales and cannot tell the truth.
Previously he said he had been in shopping tv 27 yrs ago when he met Kevski????
which is crap as he surfaced on bid at around 2002/3.
:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:.

It's just more proof the he lies out of his arsehole just to get sales and cannot tell the truth.
Previously he said he had been in shopping tv 27 yrs ago when he met Kevski????
which is crap as he surfaced on bid at around 2002/3.
:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:.

Yeah, it was at Baselworld they met or so the story goes, Peter was allegedly doing a report for the BBC and Kev was there on watch business and they met outside a Jewelers, although i'm pretty sure neither of them was there 27 years ago.

He's just a pathological liar. He's going on about the great prices of the Scalextric sets they've been given by Scalextric, shame everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is cheaper on Amazon. :ROFLMAO:

BTW

IW won an award, how the hell they can win an award for misleading, misinforming, deceiving and lying to viewers/potential customers is beyond me. :eek: Have no idea who Direct Commerce are, but they either fully support shysterism or they've never watched IW and fact checked their sales patter. ;)

Scalextric on the channel this evening with Simon Peters, who at one desperately worrying set of moments of death rattling sounds, I thought was about to expire live on air. In terms of the sets on offer, not having looked at one in decades, I was surprised to see it is exactly the same black track as it was when I was a kid. I thought it might have advanced to a more realistic looking surface, but the idea of how the cars connect to the current appears just the same now in 2022 as I remember it to be in 1972.

All I can do is to think back to my own past with this product. Dad, already drunk on Christmas morning, on his knees, and swearing like several troopers, trying to work out why there were significant areas of track with no power, with me crying on the armchair. At 27, I should have been more grown up about the situation, but nonetheless, the expectation with Scalextric, always greatly outweighed the realisation for me. It always looked fantastic on the box, the TV ads, and in Mum’s Grattan catalogue. Loads of track, thrills and spills, spectators, the grandstand, four cars competing, the pits, flags everywhere. Then my set on the carpet - one figure of eight track, two controllers, two cars, going around and around (if you were lucky) and the aforementioned dead areas of track. Within ten minutes or so, I was bored witless with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it was at Baselworld they met or so the story goes, Peter was allegedly doing a report for the BBC and Kev was there on watch business and they met outside a Jewelers, although i'm pretty sure neither of them was there 27 years ago.

He's just a pathological liar. He's going on about the great prices of the Scalextric sets they've been given by Scalextric, shame everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is cheaper on Amazon. :ROFLMAO:

BTW

IW won an award, how the hell they can win an award for misleading, misinforming, deceiving and lying to viewers/potential customers is beyond me. :eek: Have no idea who Direct Commerce are, but they either fully support shysterism or they've never watched IW and fact checked their sales patter. ;)

So they won an award from the Advertising agency they use :unsure:.
Looking further into it, the category wasn't there in previous years so maybe it was created for them but I'm sure if any other shopping telly channel use the agency the would have won hand down.

Vostok Europe have 210,000 followers, that chose the specs for the new watch, yet they only received 500 orders for the VEareOne, very strange.

So 0.24% of their dedicated followers want one.

Bet they'll still be selling these very limited edition next year.

Kev & Shaun says World Launch. How can it be World launch when Vostok Europe were taking orders back in July? :unsure:

How can it be a World launch when you could buy one from here before the launch on IW.

Also the German distributors have also been selling them already.

YET ITS A WORLD LAUNCH. :ROFLMAO:

VEareon LTD edition still available 🤔 thought they were long gone 😁 surely Kev can't have many left 🙄

It's the third edition.

They're still got the second edition left from a year ago, i remember how said it was going fast and wouldn't last the launch shows, but 365 days later still here.

Anthony James high quality watches tomorrow, only £34.95 +£3.99 P & P, normal RRPs in the £190 range, bargain, sale of the century.

In reality these meticulously designed, high quality watches look similar too and are equivalent in construction (use the same movement and case materials) to T-Winners watches on Ali, yeah those high quality £10-£20 watches.:ROFLMAO:

Just an example of how poor their ordering systems are when post-order you need to make changes.

I ordered a Regatta Voltera men’s jacket they were showing on Sunday morning. At times, yes, they do have good bargains, and I have made probably three or four orders from IW over the last two or three years that have been delivered without issue.

Price matching, and with an extra 10% code, theirs was far and away the best one. Ordering online, I then heard Rubber Head helpfully dropping in towards the end of the presentation that the power bank needed to warm the coat was not included..Fu.. it, I thought. I wouldn’t have ordered it had I known.

Literally, five minutes after ordering, I logged back in and expected to find some kind of cancel order option as you do with many online retailers such as Argos or Amazon. No options whatsoever, which in my view is clearly an employed tactic rather than a technological shortfall.

I am not prepared to ring an order line that charges 20p per minute, which is a disgrace. I had no idea they charged for phone calls until the weekend. I was left with emailing their customer services, which promises a direct reply in 24 or up to 48 hours. Over 48 hours later on Tuesday afternoon, an unnamed staff member replied - essentially saying the order was now with their supplier, and all they could do was send them a cancellation request now, and to refuse the goods if they are sent. I had thought THEY were the supplier and the coat would come from THEIR warehouse. Great. I am often at work when these things get delivered, to a neighbour, usually. So I am likely to be stuck now with hassle of returning an item that had there been a cancel order button on their website, I could have been cancelled immediately. Useless.

I think Simon Peters said the same thing about the youth in NHS glasses who was with him on the Scalextric extravaganza the other night - calling him the CEO..Maybe I am getting older, and like police officers, the CEOs are looking much younger these days - about 12 in his case

Latest posts

Back