Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

David the embellisher tells us many top brands use the Seiko VK 63 meca quartz, yes David, pagani design, corgeuot, bliger, parnis 😁
He looks so worried when Simon Peters handles the watches, "don't shake it too much" 😁

Peters O’Simons placing his bottom constantly on a large extending vertical piece of plastic. Up and down. Up and Down. “It’s got to be worth £20,” he enthuses. Presumably cheaper than where he would normally go to get this. In fairness, the folding stool he is showing us does look a good idea - although you did hope he’d been given a faulty one that wouldn’t take his weight.

Oh look…it’s the shelves again. Useful for them to keep all their unsold grey gazebos and air fryers on.

Yes we noticed that too, he had me checking the calendar.
Not so long ago he said "on this, Easter Sunday"
but it was the week before.
We had something from him along the lines of 'you join us on the best weekend of the year' - in January. You couldn't make it up....oh hold on...

We had something from him along the lines of 'you join us on the best weekend of the year' - in January. You couldn't make it up....oh hold on...
Haha yes I remember him saying that as well, thinking wtf?, hoping he'd embarrass himself and make us laugh. Although his defining work on the Thomas Kinkade showing, in his magnum opus - is unlikely to ever be matched, sadly to say.

In the eve of a romance lies the dream of a heart in quite simply not only a star of hope and wonder in a gladness not only of spring, of heaven, in the pastoral beauty of a tide that crests and falls, by a love and a story in life and as aspirations in not only Christianity but romance and adoration as a sigh and a robin sings and the flap of wings in a wish of a childhood and a garden where love is at a gate, down a path to a place in quite simply of beauty and wonder, at the magic of a place in our hearts of light and a special place , captured by the artist of sheer delight in the brush, that captures a sparkle, not only in love and a message from time that is quite simply the mastery of the artist and his not only works and a forging as beauty and divinity in a light that cascades over a joy and a time, in tomorrow and in the world and forever as we gaze at the quite astonishing love in the painting, by this, quite extraordinary a beauty, as we see and enjoy, that is, our, wonderfully, Thomas Kinkade.

Joe is on with pans and not a healthy bit of cooking in sight, plus no air fryer in sight 🤔 Joe loves to coin the pharse "we are all guilty of this that or the next thing" No Joe we are not all guilty of this that or the next thing! Stop disrespecting the viewers.

Why no menion of energy costs in this show when they are selling pans? But with the air fryers we never hear the end of those energy costs.....

Joe is on with pans and not a healthy bit of cooking in sight, plus no air fryer in sight 🤔 Joe loves to coin the pharse "we are all guilty of this that or the next thing" No Joe we are not all guilty of this that or the next thing! Stop disrespecting the viewers.

Why no menion of energy costs in this show when they are selling pans? But with the air fryers we never hear the end of those energy costs.....
I would agree and also add: when they're demonstrating for example the KitchenAid mixer and baking a cake, what do they cook it in? The main oven - and no mention of an air fryer. Also, that poor woman Hayley Sparkles, is like a shell of a person bless her, when Joe's talking she goes into standby mode. It's drugs I believe, isn't it?

I have watched about 4 shows the last week on Ideal and whilst a lot of this is repetition it still applies

EVERY show has asked for emails, in the 4 shows I have caught they have read ONE and with respect to that viewer it was an inane one that didn't really say anything so they are certainly not cherry-picking them! I would suggest they are not getting any because it all is so forced and why would the viewer bother?

They are trying to be more interactive/flexible but they really are not instead of asking for emails about a ****** air fryer try and get some two-way conversation going with viewers (yes like TJC) I will give an example TJC was very quiet this morning at 6 am as you would expect but rather than try and force sales that were never happening Andy and Caroline got into lots of text conversations with regulars and continued that through the show even going onto pet names (yes very local radio but they got a lot of messages)

That way the viewer is more likely to stay watching and might see something that they were going to buy from Amazon but if the price is competitive they will happily buy from the TV, surely the absolute basic approach in 2023.

Ok, you are always going to sell more at 8 am onwards than 6 am but they seemed to have a very busy show part of that would have been the earlier groundwork they did at 6 am.

All the Ideal shows are the same, pretty dull no/limited interaction, reading the same old reviews, playing the same old VTS

I think in general you keep people at arm’s length if your agenda in life is one that isn’t clear and transparent. I have seen enough of their product presentations to feel they tread a similar path. They don’t want punters emailing/ringing in to present to air at any serious levels, and certainly not with any criticism of goods bought or the way their misleading and inaccurate sales tactics prevent purchase with an informed choice offered beforehand.

When they began, IW were more up for some fun and a bit of irreverence, and would ask for faxes to be sent in, which they read out in number. Nowadays, it is pure lip service to communicating with them, with just the odd simpering email being read out from God knows who. In fairness, QVC rarely interacts with its customers live on air either - unless it is set up well in advance. Shopping channels aren’t looking for the truth and limit opportunities for it ever to get through live and unchecked.

I think in general you keep people at arm’s length if your agenda in life is one that isn’t clear and transparent. I have seen enough of their product presentations to feel they tread a similar path. They don’t want punters emailing/ringing in to present to air at any serious levels, and certainly not with any criticism of goods bought or the way their misleading and inaccurate sales tactics prevent purchase with an informed choice offered beforehand.

When they began, IW were more up for some fun and a bit of irreverence, and would ask for faxes to be sent in, which they read out in number. Nowadays, it is pure lip service to communicating with them, with just the odd simpering email being read out from God knows who. In fairness, QVC rarely interacts with its customers live on air either - unless it is set up well in advance. Shopping channels aren’t looking for the truth and limit opportunities for it ever to get through live and unchecked.
Spot on , everything in IW world is ‘incredible’ . Its pretty nauseating really reference to ‘hero products’ although I've fished out a few good buys through my own judgement (those two pack ‘polo’ t shirts for £12 are great) its just a shame they cant be just a little bit more balanced. Any email is always a 5 star review.

Anyone else noticed some of the demo blokes doing a weird groping massage on anything cushioned or quilted !! I always thought Alex was an oddball but big Peter has been doing it too, are times that tough he needs to grope a cushion to earn a buck!

I guess IW are worried you lot will email in during Watch Shows

Create and Craft tend to read out emails, but for them it gives the presenters something to do, while the guests are demoing
Imagine the abuse they would get on-air when selling Swan & Edgar:

"What happened to Swan & Edgar between 1982 and 2015?"

"What movement does that Swan & Edgar watch have?"

"Why does that Swan & Edgar watch look identical to an Ali Express watch apart from the name on the dial?"

"Why were you selling that Swan & Edgar watch for a higher price than last time?"

"Why isn't the second hand aligned properly?"

"Why does it say 'China' on the back of the watch when you say it's painstakingly handcrafted by gentlemen wearing tweed jackets in London?"

*sounds of chirping crickets and tumbleweed*

If they were honest and knowledgeable in their watch presentations in general, they would have nothing to worry about with people emailing in from here. Maybe they come over as not honest because the presenters and so called watch experts have no knowledge and there in turn is no genuine intent to be deceitful? I'll leave you to make your mind up on that one. I have seen two decent watch guests who usually come over as informative and honest - the Accurist guy and somebody (an older man) called Neil. The rest seem either clueless and misleading at times, or both. No wonder they don't take spur of the moment contacts from viewers in that latter context.

Last edited by a moderator:
And to make matters worse, some of their dodgy sales tactics now appear to have transferred to watches that absolutely don't need anything like that, as evidenced the last time I saw Roamer being sold on the channel recently. They didn't mention the names of any of the watch movements apart from occasionally saying 'Automatic', which would be understandable if they were selling Swan & Edgar...but Roamer?!? COME ON!

Imagine the abuse they would get on-air when selling Swan & Edgar:

"What happened to Swan & Edgar between 1982 and 2015?"

"What movement does that Swan & Edgar watch have?"

"Why does that Swan & Edgar watch look identical to an Ali Express watch apart from the name on the dial?"

"Why were you selling that Swan & Edgar watch for a higher price than last time?"

"Why isn't the second hand aligned properly?"

"Why does it say 'China' on the back of the watch when you say it's painstakingly handcrafted by gentlemen wearing tweed jackets in London?"

*sounds of chirping crickets and tumbleweed*
Dont do yourself a disservice PP its not abuse they would get its honesty they would get, and nothing wrong with that at all.

interesting quick read on trust pilot, 19 percent rate IW lowest at 1 star, looking at it a huge number of disgruntled buyers day on day - sounds like you are literally up the creek minus a paddle if things don't go to plan, the plants seem to be attracting a high number of punters feeling duped based on reviews. Surprise surprise a few digruntled watch punters, one having spent £700. and looks like this poor sod bought a ghastly Lonsdale exercise bike ' The bike feels like it has no chain and when you peddle it doesn’t have any pressure on it to make it hard, it just feels like a bike with no chain really, it’s hard to explain.'

A far cry from the smooth selling patter of Mr Ryan and chums.

interesting quick read on trust pilot, 19 percent rate IW lowest at 1 star, looking at it a huge number of disgruntled buyers day on day - sounds like you are literally up the creek minus a paddle if things don't go to plan, the plants seem to be attracting a high number of punters feeling duped based on reviews. Surprise surprise a few digruntled watch punters, one having spent £700. and looks like this poor sod bought a ghastly Lonsdale exercise bike ' The bike feels like it has no chain and when you peddle it doesn’t have any pressure on it to make it hard, it just feels like a bike with no chain really, it’s hard to explain.'

A far cry from the smooth selling patter of Mr Ryan and chums.
Thing is as Hammy is always saying, Anyone be it a child or adult can see those Lonsdale bikes are the lowest of the low and a quick 2 minute watching of them tells you all you need to know, people really need to start taking responsibilty for what choices they make in life, We all know the presenters games and tacticts but come on folks wake up!

Latest posts

Back