Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

"the rockstar of cleaning" Mike is now calling Lynsey the queen of clean what happened to Bev Hare?!

This isn't the same person from a few months ago with that horror show is it?

She is a lot better already so i doubt it

The blanket fondler and Rubberhead’s partner are selling one on the basis of you can hug it instead of a person when you don’t have one to hand. It will give you comfort and release head chemicals, Torchy the Battery Boy says. Really? When I buy a piece of cloth on the basis I can caress it lovingly on a quiet day, I know my Lasting Power of Attorney is ready to trigger.

Torchy is furiously rubbing some sort of cloth now. Not a pleasant act or sight. Old oily face doing her shock-horror we cannot be doing these nylon gonks comforters for £1.99, can we?? act. Here comes the ‘Honest Truth’ she says.. I can’t hang around waiting for that until hell freezes over. Using her late father as a selling tool. God help us.

Last edited by a moderator:
The blanket fondler and Rubberhead’s partner are selling one on the basis of you can hug it instead of a person when you don’t have one to hand. It will give you comfort and release head chemicals, Torchy the Battery Boy says. Really? When I buy a piece of cloth on the basis I can caress it lovingly on a quiet day, I know my Lasting Power of Attorney is ready to trigger.

Definitely a sandwich short of a picnic. The pillow demo keeps getting a replay perhaps for comedy value, nerdy middle aged bloke lying on a bed doing strange things with his head and voice, the poor young girl looks absolutely terrified.

Here we go again with a regurgitated watch company that went bust in the 30's🤔 Dufa, claimed by upside down there there head to be made in Germany 😲 The name is owned by the Dartmouth group, who in turn are owned by solar time, who own a watch manufacturing factory in China.
Solar Time, the owners of the Dufa brand, are based in Hong Kong. They own a watch manufacturing facility in China where their watches are produced.

Importantly, like many watch brands at this price-point - affordable, but not budget - they use Japanese movements. For example, in their Freitaucher automatic model, they use a reliable 24 jewel Miyota movement.

Has that Duxot Numis Eagle watch with a silver one dollar eagle coin for a dial been on before? Because it's being shown now with "INTRODUCTORY PRICE" text and I'm sure I've seen it before. (Another for the long list of ASA complaints.)

Also they're now showing DUFA watches where the old duffer Simon Peters pronounces it as "doofer". Exclusive designer fashion watches from Germany (CITATION NEEDED) they may be but I'm less than convinced especially given they're on exactly the same show as Ballast/Duxot and it's Jonathan 'All the lies' with Simon Peters selling them, even though they don't look as awful as some of the others.

Also the Ballast Valiant STILL NOT SOLD OUT Panpanito watch looks like a children's TV prop close up. Except not as classy.

Has that Duxot Numis Eagle watch with a silver one dollar eagle coin for a dial been on before? Because it's being shown now with "INTRODUCTORY PRICE" text and I'm sure I've seen it before. (Another for the long list of ASA complaints.)

Also they're now showing DUFA watches where the old duffer Simon Peters pronounces it as "doofer". Exclusive designer fashion watches from Germany (CITATION NEEDED) they may be but I'm less than convinced especially given they're on exactly the same show as Ballast/Duxot and it's Jonathan 'All the lies' with Simon Peters selling them, even though they don't look as awful as some of the others.

Also the Ballast Valiant STILL NOT SOLD OUT Panpanito watch looks like a children's TV prop close up. Except not as classy.
Found some info.

DuFa – Deutsche Uhrenfabrik Thüringen​

DuFa stands for “Deutsche Uhrenfabrik Thüringen”, which means “German watch factory Thüringen”. It was founded in March 1989 by Otto Hott, Eckart Haller and his sister Doris Stoll-Haller. During and after the quartz-crisis in the 70’s to mid 80’s it was not easy to found and establish a watch brand. Over the years, DuFa watches never established like its founders would have wished for. and they declared bankruptcy in the 1990’s. In 2016 the name rights were bought and the spirit of DuFa revived. Like the phoenix from the ashes, DuFa creates time pieces again like their founders had dreamed it before.

German design with Japanese precision​

The mechanical movements of DuFa watches are Japanese Miyota movements. Japanese and German engineering are both famous for their precision and craftmanship and have a lot in common. The Miyota self-winding movement is a robust and very reliable movement, that is well known in the micro-brand scene and beyond. The movement is equipped with the so called “parashock” shock system. The jewel bearings, which support the balance wheel, are spring-loaded. With an anti-shock system, the balance wheel’s pivots are protected from damage in the event of dropping the watch or hitting it against something hard and it will keep its precision over time.

"the rockstar of cleaning" Mike is now calling Lynsey the queen of clean what happened to Bev Hare?!

This isn't the same person from a few months ago with that horror show is it?

She is a lot better already so i doubt it
I think that was the self-proclaimed Queen of the Clean who was at some point previous, a glamour model. The one who said all tumble dryers ruin your clothes - or words to that effect on the show the ASA gave them a telling off for.

Quite a claim Super Mouth is making today. Some rattan furniture (two chairs and a table) up for £399. “If that was in our local garden centre, you could put a one in front of it,” she gushes. Really? That is basically just an opinion being dressed up as a selling fact. These sort of outrageous claims really do need to be properly substantiated. How about showing the website of her local garden centre with similar furniture and then comparing quality with quality? Otherwise, what she is telling us is complete and unsubstantiated rubbish, and also a slur on her local garden centre by suggesting they would put £1000 on the price for an identical set with no evidence offered to confirm that. Why are they allowed to continually get away with this kind of selling tactic? Don’t worry. That’s a rhetorical question. We all know why.

From one of her local garden centres - where a similar and rattan set (this has four chairs and a large table) always has a 1 in front of the price compared to the IW two chairs and small table set.. Plus free ice bucket…

Attachments

• 8FBF8C44-F6AC-44D0-883F-96797E699656.png
    8FBF8C44-F6AC-44D0-883F-96797E699656.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 58
I'm a bit confused or maybe IW are having us on.

For all of last week they were telling us to buy the rattan rocking set, as only single figures left and expected to sell out during each and every show. So for 7 days they couldn't sell out a maximum of 9 sets (the last couple of days they were down to 3 left) then new stock came in on Saturday morning, and judging by the numbers left today when hitting the limited stock (last 10%) they must have got in approx 200 sets.

So are IW expecting us to believe, that in 7 days they could only sell approx 6 sets, yet in the space of two days at the same price they've sold 184 sets? :unsure:

I'm a bit confused or maybe IW are having us on.

For all of last week they were telling us to buy the rattan rocking set, as only single figures left and expected to sell out during each and every show. So for 7 days they couldn't sell out a maximum of 9 sets (the last couple of days they were down to 3 left) then new stock came in on Saturday morning, and judging by the numbers left today when hitting the limited stock (last 10%) they must have got in approx 200 sets.

So are IW expecting us to believe, that in 7 days they could only sell approx 6 sets, yet in the space of two days at the same price they've sold 184 sets? :unsure:
I don’t believe half of what they say

Who knows Phillip Schofield might be a presenter by Xmas

Found some info.

German design with Japanese precision​

The mechanical movements of DuFa watches are Japanese Miyota movements. Japanese and German engineering are both famous for their precision and craftmanship and have a lot in common. The Miyota self-winding movement is a robust and very reliable movement, that is well known in the micro-brand scene and beyond. The movement is equipped with the so called “parashock” shock system. The jewel bearings, which support the balance wheel, are spring-loaded. With an anti-shock system, the balance wheel’s pivots are protected from damage in the event of dropping the watch or hitting it against something hard and it will keep its precision over time.

The only German design in their watches are the features they've copied from Junghan's watches, replicated at their Kowloon offices. ;)

Quite a claim Super Mouth is making today. Some rattan furniture (two chairs and a table) up for £399. “If that was in our local garden centre, you could put a one in front of it,” she gushes. Really? That is basically just an opinion being dressed up as a selling fact. These sort of outrageous claims really do need to be properly substantiated. How about showing the website of her local garden centre with similar furniture and then comparing quality with quality? Otherwise, what she is telling us is complete and unsubstantiated rubbish, and also a slur on her local garden centre by suggesting they would put £1000 on the price for an identical set with no evidence offered to confirm that. Why are they allowed to continually get away with this kind of selling tactic? Don’t worry. That’s a rhetorical question. We all know why.
She is getting ever the more annoying, I cant stop noticing her false excitement eye rolls where she looks up the the skies, her and rubber head really do smash it out of the park when it comes to insincerity, he was on a show yesterday, pot belly, hands clasped propping his gut up, doing loads of ooh and ahh's and basically storming a top impression of a nodding dog.

Received my Hattons Coin today, needed a magnifying glass to see it, it looked massive on TV
I cant remember if they showed them alongside anything else so you could gauge size, guess they will have been cute about it as per, to disguise they are the size of a tiddly wink. Nice little keepsake though to remember the coronation event.

She is getting ever the more annoying, I cant stop noticing her false excitement eye rolls where she looks up the the skies, her and rubber head really do smash it out of the park when it comes to insincerity, he was on a show yesterday, pot belly, hands clasped propping his gut up, doing loads of ooh and ahh's and basically storming a top impression of a nodding dog.
That’s enough about Bonnie & Clyde’s good points!

Latest posts

Back