Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was still on my Xmas/new year holiday from watching all things shopping TV and only occasionally checking in here.
Then I read Doc2’s first post on Jeramy and had to have a look.
i remember him from casualty (not a hollioaks watcher)
Think I must be going soft because I’m actually feeling sorry for him. He’s so clearly struggling and way out his éliment.
I can actually see him having nightmares tonight as his mind tries to process the days event.
Mind im still not even slightly tempted to buy anything he’s selling.
Be interestingly to see how his TV shopping persona develops providing he doesn’t run out of the studio after his shift screaming « NEVER AGAIN » 😂

I know he was on one of the earlier versions of the channel – maybe five or ten years ago. I am afraid though, I have absolutely no recollection of him being on there, although clearly he was.

Having watched him for a couple of hours or so on and off, he is actually not too bad. Relatively honest in his approach (as much honesty, as is allowed on there), a fairly pleasant sense of humour, along with a good sense of self-deprecation. I can think of a lot worse people they’ve got to watch than him. You just have to feel sorry for him being in a position where he was a reasonably high profile television performer, and now having to do this. Although, as he said, he has done it before. He displays a good sense of irony over his career, unlike Simon Peters - who thinks he is still a top television performer, going by how he speaks about himself on there.

I was still on my Xmas/new year holiday from watching all things shopping TV and only occasionally checking in here.
Think I must be going soft because I’m actually feeling sorry for him. He’s so clearly struggling and way out his éliment.
I can actually see him having nightmares tonight as his mind tries to process the days event.
Be interestingly to see how his TV shopping persona develops providing he doesn’t run out of the studio after his shift screaming « NEVER AGAIN » 😂
I bet it feels like the longest 4 hours of his life

It is interesting to speculate that if you were somebody viewing who was lonely and socially isolated, someone was trying to get a sense of friendship with both the channel and the presenters, would they actually buy things and make the channel aware of it - like giving sweets away in the playground to buy the affection of your school mates?
I think that's often the case. I watched a tv prog a few years back about hoarders. One of the stories was an older lady who lived alone, her property stuffed to the rafters with stuff. In one room they found stacks upon stacks of crafting products, most of it unopened. Not impossible it was bought from selly telly.

They do tend to often play on the ‘family’ connection on shopping television channels in general. You wonder why exactly they bother to add that in? And you do think to yourself, with the demographic that they aim for, developing a sense of camaraderie, family, being together, not only creates loyalty and regular watching, but ultimately, perhaps a feel, an obligation even, to purchase to keep the family ‘safe’, and comfortably off. Most of us out there (not all) feel they want to belong to something. It’s human nature, generally speaking, to want to be part of the collective. Shopping channels, no doubt apply that kind of psychology to their presentations, as that’s the nature of business in that line of work. If only shopping channels would return the favour, and give their ‘family’ members a free purchase up to a certain amount of money every year, and send them a Christmas card with Simon Peters’s leering mug on it.

Nice show, Jeremy. Misjudged you too soon. A good addition to the channel.

Once I got used to him, you can see that he is a skilled performer. Obviously, he’s wasted selling goods on a shopping channel, but I suppose needs must. And as with any professional performer, they do their very best with the situation that find themselves in. You could see at times that he was getting frustrated with the gallery – least that’s what I thought. I imagine the previous version of the channel that he was used to, probably operated somewhat more professionally, and in more suitable premises than where he finds himself now at present.

See Gen must get her technology training from Peter V., HD bulb camera, it has a 1 million megapixal resolution. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Of course probably not Peter's fault, the idiots at TJC/IW have that in the discription. Obviously they probably meant it to be 1 million pixels which would be 1 megapixal, which is about right for a 720p HD camera.

****** thick amateurs. :ROFLMAO:

I've never heard of him and don't appear to have watched things he's been in.

I think that's often the case. I watched a tv prog a few years back about hoarders. One of the stories was an older lady who lived alone, her property stuffed to the rafters with stuff. In one room they found stacks upon stacks of crafting products, most of it unopened. Not impossible it was bought from selly telly.
I like to watch the hoarders programmes. I'm not a hoarder but not as tidy as I should be so watching the programme motivates me to put things away properly!

Latest posts

Back