What's the most ludicrous comment you've heard...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Debbie Greenwood in the Uri Geller, jewellery hour, saying that £37.46 was almost a throw away price.
It might be for you love,suspect it aint for the most of us.

p.s
my excuse for having this on - I was having a clean up and the remote control was buried out of sight somewhere - honest guv,

Also from this show...just about everything that Uri Geller said.

The Philosophy show at the moment is high up on the list for ridiculous comments.
Apparantly the skincare and vastly overpriced shower gels affect your physical and emotional wellbeing. And as for the wording on the bottles it's apparantly truly inspirational.
I can honestly say it wouldn't affect my emotional wellbeing one little bit if i was paying £32 +£4.95 for three showergels.As for my physical wellbeing doesn't it go down the plughole never to be seen again.

Philosophy is stupid expensive now. Get to Asda and look for Bayliss & Harding at £2 for 500ml!

Too true Moth. Even better are Asda's own brand a £1 each with the same smells as philosophy.
As QVC always so patronisingly say "You do the maths". Well we have and it's a rip off!!

The Philosophy show at the moment is high up on the list for ridiculous comments.
Apparantly the skincare and vastly overpriced shower gels affect your physical and emotional wellbeing. And as for the wording on the bottles it's apparantly truly inspirational.
I can honestly say it wouldn't affect my emotional wellbeing one little bit if i was paying £32 +£4.95 for three showergels.As for my physical wellbeing doesn't it go down the plughole never to be seen again.

I find the wording on the bottles truly nauseating...

Too true Moth. Even better are Asda's own brand a £1 each with the same smells as philosophy.
As QVC always so patronisingly say "You do the maths". Well we have and it's a rip off!!

True: I currently love using Pink Cow's Gingerbread shower gel (lovely now the weather's started to cool) and their Lemon Cheesecake gel wakes me up no problem on a work day.

I've only ever spent a "lot" once on skincare, and that was on a TSV of a double L'Occitane wash milk for my ex as he was having intermittent skin issues at the time. I'm getting older and life is going to show as wrinkles or whatever - that's what's supposed to happen! As long as I'm clean and presentable, why should I try and pretend I'm younger than I am?

Those Asda ones are lovely! Yes I like my SBC collagen shower gel, and Decleor's Algueromes (sp?), but I wait for birthdays and Xmas for those now!

Most outrageous comment? 'Here's Glen Campbell, our fashion expert'. Laugh? I nearly bought a round!

Margaret Dabbs - more than a year ago - " Well everyone has feet".

No Margaret, unfortunately some people don't.

Sensitivity skills & engaging of brain = NIL

Last edited:
"you can order this ahead of time"

I know I've said it before but this really is the most ridiculous statement. Why has it become impossible for some of the presenters to say "in advance"?

It is 2010, time machines have not been invented yet. The Tardis is not real. We cannot get AHEAD OF TIME, IT'S BL@@DY IMPOSSIBLE. :angry:

Last night on the Decleor show - Fiona was explaining about why you need a seperate eye make up remover as opposed to just using your cleanser...

'If you see your eyelashes on the cotton wool when you take your eye make up off, it's a classic sign they're being removed...' :nod:

Gosh, really? I never would have realised that...

Debbie Greenwood on the morning show with the Dyson:

'If you spill some flour in the bathroom'

:wonder: Yes, because I am always doing a bit of baking in my bathroom.

From various presenters:

"Savvy". I hate these buzzwords, and this one is as old as Methuselah so I don't know why it's making a come back. (JF take note! and DG this morning.)

hehe, perhaps she meant the guest bathroom, where you'd have naturally installed a bread maker for their use.

'a TSV is here from midnight to midnight or until stocks last....' said Professor Jill Franks this afternoon...

You've just made me choke on my coffee, soooooo funny!

Latest posts

Back