I try so hard not to sound vindictive but really...... Carmel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
Surely she must have come to the end of her probationary period by now?? Time to either give her a written warning or get rid.

She is so vacuous. It is just painful listening to her garbage and poor pronunciation. Yes, I really could do the job better myself. She constantly repeats herself, talks over her guests and her the way she actually presents herself leaves a lot to be desired. She even said "What?" to one of here guests this morning.

This morning she had the worst manicure I have ever seen. It looked as though she had the remains of a very dark coloured nail varnisht stuck in the cuticles underneath the neutral tone that she was wearing. Her hair seems to be in better condition and has been trimmed but her eyebrows just do not follow the line of her natural brow and you can see where her real eyebrows should be.

Someone must have been whispering in her ear about her pronunciation because on one show she said VERONEESE instead of Veronaysay, then she said CLOYSON instead of Closonnay. (sic)

When she was on the sit up channels, well to be honest, you couldn't expect any better but to have been promoted if you will to QVC well I really think she should try and live up to her new position and take some night classes or something. She may have moderated her Irish accent but she is still leaving her brain cells at home of a morning.

I felt sorry for her on the sewing show just now. She pronounces threads as treads like all good irish people do but she seemed a bit awkward with it. My dad did the same and we always used to laugh at him (we were well under 10 y/old though !).

Linda xx

I felt sorry for her on the sewing show just now. She pronounces threads as treads like all good irish people do but she seemed a bit awkward with it. My dad did the same and we always used to laugh at him (we were well under 10 y/old though !).

Linda xx

Do they really? I must have suddenly changed nationality or be just a bad Irish person.

Funny how different things annoy different people. I don't mind Carmel at all, I like her voice and would plump for her over a number of other presenters who really get my goat...

Do they really? I must have suddenly changed nationality or be just a bad Irish person.

Apols for such a stereotypical comment. Every irish person I've worked with over the years has pronounced "th" as "t". My Dad was eastern european and neither he nor any of his friends could pronounce it either. I just assumed it was a linguistic thing, as only english, spanish and greek have the "th" sound (well there might be others, I'm not a polyglot).

Linda xx

The nuns used beat it out of people until they could say this, that, these and those to perfection but child battering is out of fashion now.

So that is why you don't like Christian names?

I don't recall saying that I don't like Christian names, that would be absurd. I don't like being asked to provide one.
As it happens lots of the nuns had more respect than most for people's beliefs.

OK. I can understand that. I hate being addressed as Ms when
I am a Mrs.

i don't much like being called ms when i'm miss. makes me feel like a bra burner.

i'm not crazy over being called mrs either, which i am (stereotypically) most of the time but accept that's just the way it is.

For the past two weeks I'm getting correspondence addressed to Mrs or worse Mr and I am indeed Ms/Miss.
Carmel reminds me of a sales assistant that was trying to flog me a gift set for my father rather than just the cologne I wanted to buy. I said it wouldn't be any use since there was shaving foam and aftershave balm and he has a beard. The woman just looked at me for what felt like ages and said "does that make a difference?

I don't mind how I'm addressed, so long as it isn't rude. :wink:

I'm now divorced but kept the Mrs. on bank cards etc etc because it was too much hassle getting it changed.

For the past two weeks I'm getting correspondence addressed to Mrs or worse Mr and I am indeed Ms/Miss.
Carmel reminds me of a sales assistant that was trying to flog me a gift set for my father rather than just the cologne I wanted to buy. I said it wouldn't be any use since there was shaving foam and aftershave balm and he has a beard. The woman just looked at me for what felt like ages and said "does that make a difference?

It wasn't JF doing her day job was it?

We're now well into the 21st century and I think it's about time all woman should be known by the same title (and I don't care what that is) in the same way as men are. Why should women declare martital status every time they state their name and why do so many women want to, it's not something men are bothered about doing.

I once had my first name(yes I have always used that term and so do most people I know and or deal with), changed to David! It was many years ago at the job centre infact. I thought, oh no one told me told me about the sex change I never had!!! LOL

I'll tell you here in Belfast you get the term Love alot when being addressed by bus drivers, shop assistants even recently a teenage boy who nearly bumped into me. Yes I got,"Sorry love." Once on the phone to Brown Thomas a high end store(Selfridges) in Dublin, the sa at the end said, "God bless you." I thought it funny but rather sweet.

We're now well into the 21st century and I think it's about time all woman should be known by the same title (and I don't care what that is) in the same way as men are. Why should women declare martital status every time they state their name and why do so many women want to, it's not something men are bothered about doing.

I was considering keeping my maiden surname when I got married (where's the attraction in 'Jones'?), but everyone threw their hands up in horror.
It was the early 1970s, so .....

I had a good one this morning when ringing someone to make an appointment. Twice I was called ''mate'' by this guy. IMO that is really rude to address a woman like that. I had to grit my teeth as I can't be seen to be rude to the customer but I so dearly wanted to tell him how insulted I felt !

Latest posts

Back