I try so hard not to sound vindictive but really...... Carmel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The tone makes all the difference. I don't mind being love when it's some older person just being friendly but I felt like kicking the dumpy little git who when I returned a pc to the shop as it wasn't working said "Are you sure you switched it on Love?" Yes I freaking was and the fact there was no graphics card installed in the damn thing was the problem.

This thread seems to have gone off topic so back to the subject. I put QVC on this morning to listen to Carmel (not heard her before) and she seems perfectly ok to me. She is Irish therefore she has an Irish accent which is quite normal I would think. At least she is not up herself as some of the other presenters are.

I would have put a WINK emoticon after my last comment, but all the usual simple ones that are on other forums are not on this forum eg smiley, wink, embarrased, frown etc etc

There was a feature about the use of Miss, Ms and Mrs on Woman's Hour today. And yes, I do listen to Women's Hour, unfortunately they do not have a Man's Hour for me to listen to, it's blatant sex discrimination IMO.

My OH would agree with you. Times are a-changing.

I've just seen Carmel doing a "Tap the App" advert - what a difference in her portrayal!

She was dynamic and displayed a personality - now if she could just transfer that into her presenting....:up:

Totally agree on the marital status thing for women - really annoys me that men don't get 'tagged' in the same way.
I had a repair guy come to the house once, I wrote a cheque out to pay him, he looked at the name on it and said 'still a Miss are we?'.
Didn't use him again.

what a cheeky so and so.

I hate the title thing, I'm not married, happily partnered up and have been for nearly 19 years but it seems that everyone assumes I am a Mrs because I'm in my late 30s so must be married!! I'm not sure its relevant to anyone what my marital status is surely?!

Totally agree on the marital status thing for women - really annoys me that men don't get 'tagged' in the same way.
I had a repair guy come to the house once, I wrote a cheque out to pay him, he looked at the name on it and said 'still a Miss are we?'.
Didn't use him again.

Thats really rude ! I would have slung him out on his ear. This is a pet moan of mine, the way workman, delivery staff etc behave inside your home. No respect at all. And what REALLY pees me off is when they haven't been in your place 10 seconds & they ask to use your toilet. I once suffered a very unpleasant experience with a delivery man using my loo ( you can guess why ) & I now refuse & send them to the garden centre at the bottom of my road.

Sorry gone off topic again.:cheeky: Carmels OK but her hair !!!! Does she ever brush it before she goes on air.

i tuned in to the morning show this morning and her hair looked awful hope she didn't use the instyler she was presenting as it wouldn't be a good endorsement

Thats really rude ! I would have slung him out on his ear. This is a pet moan of mine, the way workman, delivery staff etc behave inside your home. No respect at all. And what REALLY pees me off is when they haven't been in your place 10 seconds & they ask to use your toilet. I once suffered a very unpleasant experience with a delivery man using my loo ( you can guess why ) & I now refuse & send them to the garden centre at the bottom of my road.

Sorry gone off topic again.:cheeky: Carmels OK but her hair !!!! Does she ever brush it before she goes on air.

well...lemme see...being a man it could be more than one thing........but yeah i agree and i don't like it either - must be all the tea they expect people to make 'em ;)

Oh to be perfect.

Is there really any need to be so nasty about the girl. I'm sure she is a decent human being and I enjoy her shows. So what if she isn't so polished as the others (some of the others), she'll get there, its still early days.

Latest posts

Back