Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not meaning to be horrible but does he really think we want to hear about his faaaaamily every shift

Mike is a bore. In fact, a boring know all. The type of person you cross the road to avoid, even if it is the M6.

Mike is a bore. In fact, a boring know all. The type of person you cross the road to avoid, even if it is the M6.

I bet in real life he is a bit of a "Billy No Mates". I have to concur, and if anyone reading this dreams about him, you should wake up and apologise immediately. :mysmilie_481::mysmilie_481:

I'd just like to say huge congratulations on your forthcoming wedding PJ
I wish you, your partner and family every happiness together :mysmilie_3:

Thanks Dave and deedee I am a lucky chap :)

Hmmm today's ODS is £8.99 P&P. bit steep.

Interesting PS and some of the presenters who stretch the truth the most keep having to say things like "and I mean this genuinely" or "this is true". Top tip, just don't lie then everything you say is the truth and you won't have people doubt you.

PJ.

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

Thanks Dave and deedee I am a lucky chap :)

Hmmm today's ODS is £8.99 P&P. bit steep.

Interesting PS and some of the presenters who stretch the truth the most keep having to say things like "and I mean this genuinely" or "this is true". Top tip, just don't lie then everything you say is the truth and you won't have people doubt you.

PJ.

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

So profound but so true PJ
I know IW and QVC could be considered dull but they just sell the products without hype or hysteria. I think some of the SitUp presenters are struggling with the concept of being factual and honest

I presume their thinking is that the Whizzy Mop isn't a traditional mop.

But of course it is, and it's shite.

See, it would be easy to blame the presenter but the truth is that whoever decided to sell the mop the following day has undermined any credibility the presenter (caroline in this instance) may have.

See, it would be easy to blame the presenter but the truth is that whoever decided to sell the mop the following day has undermined any credibility the presenter (caroline in this instance) may have.

I guess they work on the premise that the punter won't see every sale so they can get away with the very obvious and regular contradictions.

Take Sherlock for example, that man is a walking contradiction. But in fairness Bid certainly aren't alone in exhibiting contradictory behaviour on shopping telly but they are certainly the most blatant, in my opinion.

In fact they are (or have been) the most blatant at pretty much every trick in the book.

I saw Steamy Sue doing the iron with DP and she asked him about dry cleaners as her steam iron freshens and removes creases

Oh the pain on his face as he said he goes every week and has to drive and pay for parking, oh what a nightmare it all is

I bet he still didn't get the iron and probably has his suits cleaned a couple of times a year haha

Hold up........he already has a steam iron, or so he said last time he was selling one

I've always assumed that every story they tell is a lie to enhance a sale, I must be extremely cynical! I do love it when they talk of the physical pain of going out in the real world. The trauma of driving, the pain of parking and the suffering of walking down the street, queuing in shops, being run down by mothers with push chairs! Why do that when you can buy overpriced tat from a shopping channel and then wait an eternity for it to arrive! I know what I would choose!

That's a tough one - Anything cheap would be fine for me - that would include "everything" on sale at slop at bud's.

For me, it would have to be some classy art, like Steven Gayford or Thomas Kinkaid. I am a bit of a culture vulture and am often to be found in the National Gallery where surprising I have never bumped into Lisa Brash, maybe she is more of a Tate Modern kind of lady.

I've always assumed that every story they tell is a lie to enhance a sale, I must be extremely cynical! I do love it when they talk of the physical pain of going out in the real world. The trauma of driving, the pain of parking and the suffering of walking down the street, queuing in shops, being run down by mothers with push chairs! Why do that when you can buy overpriced tat from a shopping channel and then wait an eternity for it to arrive! I know what I would choose!

And yet driving is a breeze when they sell a Sat Nav.

Funny eh?

Wait!!! I hate being hit by pushchairs and then tutted at like it was my fault.

You mean bid can save me from this?

Please.... tell me more

I guess they work on the premise that the punter won't see every sale so they can get away with the very obvious and regular contradictions.

Take Sherlock for example, that man is a walking contradiction. But in fairness Bid certainly aren't alone in exhibiting contradictory behaviour on shopping telly but they are certainly the most blatant, in my opinion.

In fact they are (or have been) the most blatant at pretty much every trick in the book.

that's the difference, if qvc sell contrasting products they are generally careful to not disparage the alternative product.

The nightmare combo of peter simon and jenny queen of fashion topp can't stand the woman she acts like she's the most knowledgable person on fashion like she knows everything! ACTUALLY heard peter tonight utter these terrifying words "if i created a fashion range" lord help everyone if that happened!

The nightmare combo of peter simon and jenny queen of fashion topp can't stand the woman she acts like she's the most knowledgable person on fashion like she knows everything! ACTUALLY heard peter tonight utter these terrifying words "if i created a fashion range" lord help everyone if that happened!

Really??!! That's a terrifying thought LL, can you imagine?
Tonight, live from London, I'd like to present the launch of Pervy Couture, my own range of clothing for the real woman, not only is it a viscose, not only will this one garment fit from size 8 to 32, my voluptuous ladies will look sensational, it folds and bales, so flattering to the larger bosom, it sits beautifully around the decollataire..........
I don't think I could bear it.............no, I definitely couldn't!

And he also said his exact words "i have been looking at what the women are wearing alright" bet he has! *shudders*

Latest posts

Back