Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love how they had more or less, a day of steamy sue and her steam mop. The main demo was using a mop an bucket to get over how **** that is.

next day.... that whizzy bucket an mop thing.

The contempt for their audience is amazing. i almost enjoy it.
I have to agree with your "contempt" remark Mr T. Our only right of reply is to point that out to the presenters responsible and IMHO they deserve all they get. They have the same feeling for some of us as we have for most of them! :mysmilie_502:

The biggest trouble with that dreadful High Street for me is being able to look at things before I buy them, and a lot of the time I'd end up putting stuff back on the shelf and not buying anything at all, not only that you might find the same thing in another shop for a cheaper price, then you'd have the hassle of returning it to the first shop, making up a cock and bull story as to why you're returning it, then running back to the cheaper shop to find that someone else has snapped it up whilst you were plodding footsore and soaking wet between the two shops! Better to just switch on the old goggle box, listen to someone who knows what they're talking about tell you all about the product, offer you an amazing price, (it must be 'cause they said so!) simply pick up the telephone in the comfort of your own home and sit back n' relax for a few weeks and wait for it to arrive at comfort of your own home - What's not to like?!

The biggest trouble with that dreadful High Street for me is being able to look at things before I buy them, and a lot of the time I'd end up putting stuff back on the shelf and not buying anything at all, not only that you might find the same thing in another shop for a cheaper price, then you'd have the hassle of returning it to the first shop, making up a cock and bull story as to why you're returning it, then running back to the cheaper shop to find that someone else has snapped it up whilst you were plodding footsore and soaking wet between the two shops! Better to just switch on the old goggle box, listen to someone who knows what they're talking about tell you all about the product, offer you an amazing price, (it must be 'cause they said so!) simply pick up the telephone in the comfort of your own home and sit back n' relax for a few weeks and wait for it to arrive at comfort of your own home - What's not to like?!

I have heard that some people actually like going to the H.S (I can't even write the words it upsets me to much). Personally I employ people to do my menial tasks. As for going there myself! Piff Piff I think not. All those people with nothing better to do than spend their hard earned dosh on stuff (like food), is rather off putting. I shop till I drop with my fave channel.

Just had a vision of MeMike being my best man, can you imagine the speech. I have known PJ for many years, now what do I mean by PJ well I used to be a lexicographer so can tell you would you would never know unless you did my training that it is in actual fact his initials for his name. (A great deal of time passes with twenty five references to his ladyslashgoddess and his boy) now all I have to do now is raise a toast. No not that kind of toast you can put the butter away so what do I mean by toast then if not the kind I Have five days a week and twice on Tuesdays, well ....

Just send it back, don't forget that 'you have nothing to lose'

Ah yes, really is risk free isn't it? On top of the £8 to get to me, I would have to pay only about £3 to send back, approx. So that's only £11 down at that point. Then I'd order a bigger one, crossing my fingers that it was still in stock and pay another £8 for that. I mean, what's £19 in the great scheme of things, when I've already got a bargain top for £24.99??

When my friend asks if I'd like to take a stroll down town, I just laugh and wave her off.

Ah yes, really is risk free isn't it? On top of the £8 to get to me, I would have to pay only about £3 to send back, approx. So that's only £11 down at that point. Then I'd order a bigger one, crossing my fingers that it was still in stock and pay another £8 for that. I mean, what's £19 in the great scheme of things, when I've already got a bargain top for £24.99??

When my friend asks if I'd like to take a stroll down town, I just laugh and wave her off.

I'm sick of hearing that Natalie woman say 'you have nothing to lose'.

In fact I think it could be grounds to complain to the ASA as, put simply, it's a blatant lie.

Just had a vision of MeMike being my best man, can you imagine the speech. I have known PJ for many years, now what do I mean by PJ well I used to be a lexicographer so can tell you would you would never know unless you did my training that it is in actual fact his initials for his name. (A great deal of time passes with twenty five references to his ladyslashgoddess and his boy) now all I have to do now is raise a toast. No not that kind of toast you can put the butter away so what do I mean by toast then if not the kind I Have five days a week and twice on Tuesdays, well ....
I think he would do anythink for a free drink. If you will. He reminds me of the old advert "Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere, its Mike Mason"

I can say with confidence that all your guests will long remember the best mans speech. If they remember nothing else about your wedding, they'll definitely remember that. In fact, the memory may prove difficult to shake off........

Last edited:
I can say with confidence that all your guests will long remember the best mans speech. If they remember nothing else about your wedding, they'll definitely remember that. In fact, the memory may prove difficult to shake off........

Docswife - did you mean "the best man's peach"? I would expect nothing more from MM than to drop his strides at such a gathering. Also to PJ, congrats on your nuptules later this year. :mysmilie_486:

Seriously tho' what would be on your wedding list from shop at Bid? Top of mine would be the solar power (isn't everything!?) meerkats bird bath....laavley!

Seriously tho' what would be on your wedding list from shop at Bid? Top of mine would be the solar power (isn't everything!?) meerkats bird bath....laavley!

That's a tough one - Anything cheap would be fine for me - that would include "everything" on sale at slop at bud's.

I don't think they do that anymore do they?

No, it was stopped ages ago. Now, I heard a rumour that loads of people only made the first payment, they didn't pay the full price. They decided to just pay a small percentage of what they owed.

Imagine that? Disgusting.

thought of the day;

What would happen if Mike M on a shift didn't mention his beloved goddess or son?

a) paradox?
b) a kick up the bum
c) Shop @ Bid would close down?

thought of the day;

What would happen if Mike M on a shift didn't mention his beloved goddess or son?

a) paradox?
b) a kick up the bum
c) Shop @ Bid would close down?

Nice one! MM junior would throw his pooter at him - It would probably hit his head - its to big to miss.:mysmilie_470:

Latest posts

Back