I know it's been said a million times.........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amn

Registered Shopper
But how do QVC get away with such poo delivery??
I ordered an item, not a cheap item I might add, over £150, with a delivery charge of £6.95, early on on the 2nd April. I've just checked my account and it's still showing as in process. I mean I know there were two days that were bank holidays but are we really to believe that the whole of QVCs delivery chain shut down for the whole of the Easter holiday? Three to five days my eye.

It's simple, they get away with it because we keep on buying from them. If their sales dropped massively they might look into it and change things but if we keep buying I don't think they will change. If I can buy what I want elsewhere for the same price I do but sometimes I want the MBG and to get that I have too tolerate the slow delivery.

It's easy pickings for them - a captive, loyal audience. They'll go on milking their loyal, trusting customers as long as they can and they won't change till they're forced to by a drastic drop in sales.

You're right, I always, without fail, look elsewhere because I begrudge paying Qs prices for delivery when others prove it can be done for less, and on this occasion I tried really hard to get it elsewhere but I couldn't. I know exactly what you mean though, as long as they can keep getting away with daylight robbery they will. I've just sent them an email stating that very fact.

I don't buy a lot from them now but sometimes there's the odd item that's good value e.g. the Yankee Trend collection which was 2 large jars for £33.67 including p & P so I will put up with the slow delivery to get a bargain.

I find if you order a TSV I can get it in 2days,but if I'm ordering something from the website not on air it takes at least a week. They seem to concentrate on the tsv's and on air items The rest are a bit neglected.

I ordered PK on monday with free P&P and it came on wednesday, i was quite impressed, i think it depends on how they send it, royal mail items take much longer whereas courier items can be very quick

I've had some success in challenging Q if their delivery time is poor. I agree, TSVs do tend to arrive quickly. The starting point is to check with your credit card or bank that there's no reason delay in the payment being authorised their end. If you use the same card all the time you can just be ready to cite other purchases that have been despatched within 24 hours of ordering. This is because the first excuse on the CS script is that your bank is slow to authorise the debit but if you say you've checked with them already it's harder for them to fob you off (TBH I mostly email them rather than phone so that I can refer to previous emails - I never use their web contact form)

So once you get to the point of querying why they took so long to post the item, i.e. not blaming Royal Mail, TNT or Hermes you can broach the subject of them refunding the p&p. They never offer, but if I've paid nearly 7 quid for delivery then waiting over 5 working days for it to arrive is unacceptable. They know people will still order from them, but more people need to ask for their p&p back. It's not right for them to claim the 3-5 day delivery window starts when they get around to despatching the item, that's their problem if an order sits "in process" for 3 + days. It's also unfair for Q to blame your bank or the courier.

I ordered three items from Amazon over the Easter weekend and all f them arrived by yesterday. One of the items was free P&P.

I don't have a problem with delivery. I think postage costs are accurate; the Q could have a more affordable charge, like a capped p+p, or reduce the price of the item. One example, I want to buy a printer but, after taking into account the £7.95 postage, I can get it cheaper elsewhere. I buy from the Q to get the 30 day mbg. Postage becomes irrelevant. I regard it as a necessary evil, but am prepared to pay extra to get the try out period.

I Would t have a problem paying a premium price for delivery if I was getting a premium service. As it is its third rate at best, which I don't believe is value for money. I don't use QVC for the MBG, I very rarely send things back, so I feel a bit naffed off still having to subsidise it, but that wasn't really my gripe - that being the rubbishness of their service, given its a week since I ordered and they're still sat twiddling their thumbs.

There is no rhyme or reason for their charges. Sometimes a light or small item costs more than a heavy or large one.

£7-95 for a very heavy Vitamix seems quite good, AND you can return it for free, but tablets are often £9-95 and you have to pay yourself to return them.

I don't like they way the presenters say "three to five days" or just "within days" - they really should be made to add "after despatch". But, another question, why does it take them 2, 3 or 4 days to get an item off a shelf, into a box and out to a mail handler? Most other companies can turn around orders the same day, or at least within 24 hours, many for free P&P.

Like Bettyboo, I ordered several items from various sellers via Amazon over the weekend - 5 in all. These were all products I could have had from QVC, but I went elsewhere to get a better price (a couple of them were half QVC's price - why do QVC charge so much for everything?), free P&P on all of it, and fast delivery times - all the items arrived yesterday and today! On top of that, QVC didn't have half of what I wanted in stock - everything it seems is on advanced orders these days. Yet more delays and random payment dates! Despite JF apparently knowing when I will get paid! (that really annoys me!)

I ordered three items from Amazon over the Easter weekend and all f them arrived by yesterday. One of the items was free P&P.
I ordered 5 items from 4 Amazon vendors on Easter Monday and they have all arrived today/yesterday. My Yankee candles were ordered on the Thursday and are still in transit, although they have finally made it to the courier from the depot where they seem to have sat for 3 days.

I ordered the Ultrasun Face serum on Wedensday last week, it has only just arrived by postman! I ordered 2 of the Ultrasuns TSV Thursday it was delivered Saturday by Hermes. I waiting for another Ultrasun that ordered Monday.
As others have said TSV's seem to be delivered quickly!

I ordered the Ultrasun Face serum on Wedensday last week, it has only just arrived by postman! I ordered 2 of the Ultrasuns TSV Thursday it was delivered Saturday by Hermes. I waiting for another Ultrasun that ordered Monday.
As others have said TSV's seem to be delivered quickly!

Ordered mine on Thursday so hopefully might get it tomorrow!

I didn`t know you could contact them by email not using their own form ...using it you have no proof of what you have sent have you?

Well, I got a reply to my moany email. It said that the item was direct despatch and so would take longer than the 3-5 days. The rather terse reply said that they had checked my order and it 'should have arrived by April 20th', which will be two and a bit weeks since I ordered it. For £6.95. A line about if it hasn't arrived by then get in touch and we'll think about looking into it, but that was it. Not even an apologetic tone, just that's the way it is, deal with it sucker.
Award winning customer service my backside.

Well it's now 11 days since I ordered it and it's still showing As 'in process'. I don't know whether to just get it from somewhere else and refuse delivery if / when it ever does turn up, as it's looking more doubtful now. :angry:

Latest posts

Back