Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They should get rid of Nanty and offer the job to the cat. It would make a better fist at it than any of the goons.

My current favourite for desperate sales techniques has to be Kevin Reynolds. He'll do anything to shift those watches, including performing his own distorted version of a once popular game show...

View attachment 13434View attachment 13435View attachment 13436

As for Nanty, here's something you don't see every day...View attachment 13437

And finally, a blast from the past from Ideal's garden furniture and (recently appointed) Kinkade expert. Clearly a man who appreciates the finer things in life...View attachment 13438

It seems to me that the perfect item for IW and Bid type outfits are those that (as said earlier) can generally only be touched physically via buying through IW etc.... are dirt cheap to bring in, but also last slightly longer than the money back guarantee time limit.

It seems to me that the perfect item for IW and Bid type outfits are those that (as said earlier) can generally only be touched physically via buying through IW etc.... are dirt cheap to bring in, but also last slightly longer than the money back guarantee time limit.

They should also appeal to the class of buyer who doesn't tend to (or can't) search for product information, reviews or price comparisons online, so that often stereotypically means older people. Also an exclusive brand can be used to make direct price comparisons more difficult as well as controlling things like product reviews. Items that superficially look impressive are an added bonus since they will appeal to impulse buyers during the product presentation.

I suppose it is no coincidence that the presenters I'd consider to be the more honest ones (I'm thinking of Loen in particular) are hidden away on the craft channel where hard sell dirty tactics aren't really needed?

I also keep doing double takes at the bullshit Gollum works into his pitches (you need to be familiar with a certain little rhyme for this next bit)

He was extolling the virtues of the Vax cordless vacuum and held it up with one hand. Then said "look...look, I'm holding this up with one finger and one thumb......one arm, one leg, jump up jump down, keep moving......buy this and you'll be merry and bright"

It made me laugh, but not a good laugh. I am sure he thinks he is the dogs dangly bits when he comes up with crap like that.

As I'm still new-ish to this, I also am getting to see certain characteristics for the first time. Gollum has this grin he does to camera that literally makes me want to put my fist through the screen. I wonder what his precious at home - sorry, his goddess :) sees in him???

Oh yes Mr Tom, that is the Ideal World mantra for sure.

And also crap that costs them less to buy in than the first Flexipay installment alone.

In fact some of the shat may very well cost less to buy in than just the 'effin ripoff delivery charge (the £40 Snore Wizard with a jaw dropping £6 delivery charge springs to mind (but why not spread the cost on Flexipay?) :mysmilie_59:

http://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/twinpack---snore-wizard-anti-snoring-device-with-protective-case-162785?gclid=CIXPhMCahtICFY8Q0wod7o4GaA

I suppose it is no coincidence that the presenters I'd consider to be the more honest ones (I'm thinking of Loen in particular) are hidden away on the craft channel where hard sell dirty tactics aren't really needed?

I also keep doing double takes at the bullshit Gollum works into his pitches (you need to be familiar with a certain little rhyme for this next bit)

He was extolling the virtues of the Vax cordless vacuum and held it up with one hand. Then said "look...look, I'm holding this up with one finger and one thumb......one arm, one leg, jump up jump down, keep moving......buy this and you'll be merry and bright"

It made me laugh, but not a good laugh. I am sure he thinks he is the dogs dangly bits when he comes up with crap like that.

As I'm still new-ish to this, I also am getting to see certain characteristics for the first time. Gollum has this grin he does to camera that literally makes me want to put my fist through the screen. I wonder what his precious at home - sorry, his goddess :) sees in him???

I suspect what she sees in him is : -

1. He's bringing in coin while she plays with her half dead donkeys
2. That he's away from home quite a lot, often late, meaning she's already fast asleep before he gets back

Look, if it works for them ............ :mysmilie_59:

Let me tell you something.

As an owner of Vax Slim Vac I don't feel Merry and Bright. I feel like a sucker for shelling out £140 as I still have to use a Dustpan and Brush to sweep up all the 'effin crap it can't pick up.

Steptoe suckin' on a Mintoe's got more suction.

Merry and Bright? What a load of Shi#e :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0287.JPGIMG_0288.JPG

Let me tell you something.

As an owner of Vax Slim Vac I don't feel Merry and Bright. I feel like a sucker for shelling out £140 as I still have to use a Dustpan and Brush to sweep up all the 'effin crap it can't pick up.

Steptoe suckin' on a Mintoe's got more suction.

Merry and Bright? What a load of Shi#e :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 13459View attachment 13460

Don't know if this will help but I had the same problem after a while so I cleaned the filters and I thought had cleaned them all so hubby had a look and cleaned the one in the handle and now it works brilliantly. I use it every day apart from the weekend when I use the powered one.

Don't know if this will help but I had the same problem after a while so I cleaned the filters and I thought had cleaned them all so hubby had a look and cleaned the one in the handle and now it works brilliantly. I use it every day apart from the weekend when I use the powered one.

Thanks for the heads up but regrettably it's not the filters, it's the poor design of the power head (as detailed in the independent Trusted Reviews piece). It simply has no chance of getting anywhere near the edge of a room with the power head on, it's impossible, the surround of it is just too big to be effective with such low suction. Ideal World's demo of it was preposterous, it actually made me laugh!

Obviously you'd never expect a Cordless to have suction like a Cylinder but it's the genuinely lamentable capabilities at edge cleaning that's the problem. It's fine for stairs and little messes though that don't take long to clean up (which is what we mostly got it for) and it's so convenient to use regularly but I couldn't imagine using it for any length of time, jeez it's uncomfortable to hold! I couldn't agree more with the independent review though, it's totally on the money for me. We paid £140 for it and it's worth nowhere near that, in my opinion.

I got a daily 'Mighty Deals' offers email today and lo and behold they're offing 'manufacturer recondition' Vax Slim Vacs for £80, I guess as they've had a lot of returns!

It's worth noting this model has apparently now been replaced with a new model. :mysmilie_59:

https://m.mightydeals.co.uk/#details/productId=171346&menu1Id=1=&campaign=LEXMD1908HHE&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=LEXMD1908HHE&lsid=550200021&custid=24774533&cguid=83670D48-673C-4B29-AD1F-E3E227DB2DA7

http://www.trustedreviews.com/vax-cordless-slimvac-total-home-review

http://www.vax.co.uk/vacuum-cleaners/cordless-vacuum-cleaners/vax-blade-24v-cordless-vacuum-cleaner

ginger beard shaun is worried about his mam mowing the lawn just thought i would drop that in this morning .

mowing the lawn it's still winter and iw are selling gardening equipment are you kidding ? IW don't what to sell do they ?

ginger beard shaun is worried about his mam mowing the lawn just thought i would drop that in this morning .

I fancy he wouldnt worry if she mowed HIS lawn.

Maybe he's too busy playing with his Cats? Isn't he just so lovely eh?

Meow :mysmilie_59: IMG_0289.jpg

Dirty Peter is on with Kevin Reynolds, shilling Vostok.

There's not much I can say really. You all know the moves to this dance :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0290.jpg

Just watched that ex marine bloke break a ratchet screwdriver while demonstrating the power of it to Peter Simon. Did they admit it broke? Nah, they tried to make a joke of it and imply he had fiddled with it so that when Simon tried it, it didn't work properly :/

Dirty Peter is on with Kevin Reynolds, shilling Vostok.

There's not much I can say really. You all know the moves to this dance :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 13464

Still "allocating", still "Never will be this price again"/"Get on the phones" (both said by Kevski), etc.; still Peter talking all over Kevski and Peter telling viewers that he doesn't want collectors to buy them all.

Same as usual :mysmilie_59:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back