Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They are forcing retired doctors back to work - - - -

Cartoon Dr Who 90178916_139961336.jpg

I agree regarding health care workers but people don’t think about the supermarket workers (normally treated as if invisible) who are forced to be up close to the public several times a minute , 60 minutes an hour, 10 hours a day,
And treated to vile and threatening language in the process. I am honestly ashamed of my fellow citizens behaving in the most irrational and selfish way. Stealing hand sanitizer and face masks from hospitals and health centres. Clearing every shelf in the supermarket. If it wasn't for some of the heartening stories, I would be despairing of humanity.
I don't think the media and social media have helped.

Some people in this country disgust me.

Because of my job I am on a few finance forums and just about everyday there is some one with a salary of £95k due to get a bonus of £20k plus moaning about the extra tax they will pay. Who the hell are these people with this salary who can barely put 2 words together but don’t want to put anything into the system.

Now that they government has announced the help with wages they are all posting to find out if they put mum,wife,granny, MiL on payroll can they get £2500 each for them. RIP the arse out of the country why don’t you.

This virus is showing people’s TRUE COLOURS.:mad:
Isn't it just! I did our usual weekly shop this morning & then walked into town for more rabbit hay, on my way home I saw an elderly chap with his equally elderly dog, I've seen him before & we've nodded so I felt that I could ask him if he was alright & did he need anything. It's really difficult to know what to say so I gushed that I hope he didn't mind blah, blah blah but I was wondering if he was managing to get all he needed ESPECIALLY dog food. He said that he was fine & that his son & daughter had decided to do a week about for getting his shopping & that his grandchildren were back from uni so could help out. He told me that I was the only person who had asked & he appreciated my concern. We will come out the other side & I suspect people will resume their self centred lives very quickly.

In the next life I am coming back as a loo roll factory operator as it would appear they will never be out of a job.
As I have said previously I remember at least 2 possibly 3 times when food/fuel/power has been in short supply and each and every time it’s loo rolls which have caused panic buying.
If this goes on for the rest of the year the government will have to consider a form of rationing so that everyone gets a decent crack of the whip and nurses and OAPs won’t have to go without whilst racketeers make a mint.

In the next life I am coming back as a loo roll factory operator as it would appear they will never be out of a job.
As I have said previously I remember at least 2 possibly 3 times when food/fuel/power has been in short supply and each and every time it’s loo rolls which have caused panic buying.
If this goes on for the rest of the year the government will have to consider a form of rationing so that everyone gets a decent crack of the whip and nurses and OAPs won’t have to go without whilst racketeers make a mint.

I went for an interview for a firm that make the machines to make them.

They had a huge skip full of rolls made for testing (and tissues too) and the staff could help themselves, and I could too.

About two miles from where I live there is a factory making thousands of toilet rolls and tissues 24/7 and yet there is not one to be had in local shops and supermarkets.

According to articles last week, the UK is a net exporter of toilet paper, the 11th largest exporter of the product in the world. We shouldn’t run out because we can just export less but the hoarders are doing their best to stop everyone else getting what they need. I think it’s ridiculous that supermarkets let one person/couple buy more than two packs of nine rolls. Where did this “maximum four of anything” rule come from?

Oh and we are also a net exporter of hand sanitiser ($455m last year, 5th largest in the world).

The world’s gone mad, I tells ya!

So, I know someone elderly bedbound now. She gets paracetamol from the doctor and needs to take them every day. I also know the person who goes in once a week and cleans for her. Cleaner told me there were about 6 boxes of paracetamol in the cupboard she came this week and no boxes at all! She cannot prove it but is convinced it was the carers who come in who took them as only her and they go into the cupboard! The carers work for one of the private companies if that makes any difference? Oh, and they have reported for being nasty to the elderly person.

So, I know someone elderly bedbound now. She gets paracetamol from the doctor and needs to take them every day. I also know the person who goes in once a week and cleans for her. Cleaner told me there were about 6 boxes of paracetamol in the cupboard she came this week and no boxes at all! She cannot prove it but is convinced it was the carers who come in who took them as only her and they go into the cupboard! The carers work for one of the private companies if that makes any difference? Oh, and they have reported for being nasty to the elderly person.
That's evil & needs to be dealt with asap. Paracetamols can still be found & I hope she gets different carers because even in this state of current madness life still continues & her safety & peace of mind is as important as it's always been.

When I got shingles a few weeks ago I got in a paracetamol stash because the doctor told me to expect a shedload of pain. Well as it was in my head and eye, it wasn't painful for long and then changed into an itchiness which makes you think you are going mad. But the result is I have quite a good stock which I hope will be enough should I succumb.

Latest posts

Back