Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

About two miles from where I live there is a factory making thousands of toilet rolls and tissues 24/7 and yet there is not one to be had in local shops and supermarkets.
Because people are just buying them by the lorry load and selling them on ebay etc. Hey, there's a massive crisis so those that can will just make a mint ripping people off. My 82 year old mum couldn't get potatoes yesterday and I'm too far away to help. It's getting me down :confused:

CC

There`s a lot of people making a lot of money out of this outbreak. There was a pharmacy selling Calpol for £20 and paracetamol for £6 a box plus other over the counter medicines at grossly inflated prices and they were caught out by hidden camera and reported to the pharmaceutical chain they worked for. This wasn`t a corner shop nor an ebay seller, this was an actual pharmacy run by qualified staff and part of a large chain and yet they still wanted to rip off people. The company they worked for were sent the footage and issued a statement saying this should never have happened and would be dealt with.

Hope any Scots don't take offence ;)

Cartoon bagpipes 90443891_1015685734400.jpg

There`s a lot of people making a lot of money out of this outbreak. There was a pharmacy selling Calpol for £20 and paracetamol for £6 a box plus other over the counter medicines at grossly inflated prices and they were caught out by hidden camera and reported to the pharmaceutical chain they worked for. This wasn`t a corner shop nor an ebay seller, this was an actual pharmacy run by qualified staff and part of a large chain and yet they still wanted to rip off people. The company they worked for were sent the footage and issued a statement saying this should never have happened and would be dealt with.
Sounds like my chemist near me, little hand gels £4 a bottle, hand soap same price, thing is they always mark up anyway so no surprise. Give them their due, they looked so stressed out last week, full mask etc and frantic.

I am laughing to myself as I just quickly popped in to my local very civilised supermarket (which is a state secret )because I had run out of toothpaste!My neighbour asked me to get her some Blueberries and Asparagus tips, which were in stock!That sounds very upmarket & snobby but you could not get more down to earth lovely people if you tried.They would give you their last slice of bread & have been my lifeline very recently. Just struck me as so very—-place where we live!

I am finding it hard to remember which ones I've posted, as I don't want to duplicate them. But there are 427 posts to look through now to check.
Don’t worry just post away and if they are duplicates we will just ignore them but even those lots won’t have seen before. Keep up the good work.

I do wish you all lived near me. Shopping this morning very thing as normal even TR albeit restricted to 2 x 4 pack. But no ****** social distancing at all despite tannoy instructions and a young man going along lines asking people to move back - he might as well have been pissing in the wind.

i personally dont know anyone housebound who doesn’t have family to help them but I still feel I useless.
Glad to hear some supermarkets are keeping time slots for key workers who have to show identification. Not 100% sure how they are going to work out what time suits majority of key workers as shifts are bound to be all different.

There are some people who need locking up. Did you see the pictures of Boni Beach and LA where thousands of people are like sardines on the beach and in the sea.
Just received a note through the door from a church (I’m not a member) asking if they can help so not everyone is a selfish b****rd.

I received a note through my letterbox from a family who live in my street who I only know slightly. It was written by one of their children offering any help we may need and telling us to keep safe and enclosing a mobile phone number. I was totally choked when I read it and rang the next morning and spoke to one of the parents to thank them. My faith in the human race has been boosted and I know we will get through this awful time and hopefully love each other a bit more.

I have a elderly friend living alone who the neighbours do not even speak to.Two families in the street have been to offer to get her anything she needs.She is using every excuse in the book not to ask them, why? They will give up & not bother some people you cannot help.It frustrates me in this situation.

I received a note through my letterbox from a family who live in my street who I only know slightly. It was written by one of their children offering any help we may need and telling us to keep safe and enclosing a mobile phone number. I was totally choked when I read it and rang the next morning and spoke to one of the parents to thank them. My faith in the human race has been boosted and I know we will get through this awful time and hopefully love each other a bit more.

yes they would not have offered if they did not mean it.Use their help!

We've all become accustomed to having a huge variety of food to choose from & eating seasonally is a thing in the past. We all know how much food we waste & it would be fantastic if that now changes. I love red grapes & will eat them by the handful but the bunch I bought yesterday will be savoured, not devoured.

Latest posts

Back