Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I sailed through my menopause but I had a dodgy thyroid which I believe is the reason. When my thyroid started going overactive I just put it down to menopause I was around 52 and sweating like mad and my hands were shaking. I was told to go to the doctor by friends and even people in work but just kept saying oh its the menopause. It wasn't until a woman driving passed me in the street stopped got out and walked over to me and asked did I need help? That shocked me to go to the doctor and no it was not the menopause which according to tests I had not started. So when the real thing hit I was hot for like 10-20 seconds and very little flushing which stopped at my neck and never went up to my face.

I think I had the fastest menopause ever - 11 years ago during the week of the school panto & nothing since except the heat 🥵 Apparently I get the common flushes & when I went for my final screening test the nurse said her mum still gets them & she's in her 80s, I wouldn't mind if I was someone who feels the cold but I don't. Small problem considering all the other issues in the universe.

on A more serious note Mr L has been experiencing menopause systems of panic etc and thinks it may be associated with thyroid medication.
I hope he gets them sorted. I can't say I have true panic attacks but don't like flying or spiders & feel my control rushing away at airports or when an eight-legged beastie appears.

Mazza think I’ve worked out with you going to St George’s hospital that your not far from my daughter, as I’ve seen house shares reference the hospital.
She moved out of home in the North West to London to start her first job at the end of last summer. We have only seen her for a week at Christmas and a brief visit for my mother in laws funeral in February. :cry:
Her job is in Kennington and travels in on the tube though not at the moment as working from her house share in Mitcham, location in between Tooting Station and Colliers Wood Underground station.

I put this post on the IW thread because someone asked who Marina Berry was. As many QVC'ers don't read IW threads, I am reposting it here. It involves that buffoon presenter Peter Simon. You may think it is hilarious, or cringeworthy.

I saw her on a Bid show with PS, and she said something a bit inane and was ribbed mercilessly, with PS banging his head against the wall. Actually, that bit was funny, I just wish he had banged it much harder.

Mazza think I’ve worked out with you going to St George’s hospital that your not far from my daughter, as I’ve seen house shares reference the hospital.
She moved out of home in the North West to London to start her first job at the end of last summer. We have only seen her for a week at Christmas and a brief visit for my mother in laws funeral in February. :cry:
Her job is in Kennington and travels in on the tube though not at the moment as working from her house share in Mitcham, location in between Tooting Station and Colliers Wood Underground station.
Yes I'm in Putney and SG is in Tooting all in the borough of Wandsworth (well part of Tooting at least is I think). So I am far west of the borough.

Well the nurse came. She had no supplies. She used most of the starter pack items but there was no saline (I had bought some as a precaution last week cos I just ****** knew....) and only one adhesive dressing to keep it all in place. She had to go out to her car to find any! I now have 3 spare, for a wound which weeps! Cue yet another Amazon order.

Yes I'm in Putney and SG is in Tooting all in the borough of Wandsworth (well part of Tooting at least is I think). So I am far west of the borough.

Well the nurse came. She had no supplies. She used most of the starter pack items but there was no saline (I had bought some as a precaution last week cos I just ****** knew....) and only one adhesive dressing to keep it all in place. She had to go out to her car to find any! I now have 3 spare, for a wound which weeps! Cue yet another Amazon order.

Oh Putney was a place my daughter was to look at a flat on the high street above a restaurant or shop could have been across from a carpet/discount shop I think.
She was really keen about it despite she worked out it was overground to work.
Only on the train down for the day to look at places with hubby, the girls from the flat got in touch saying it had gone.
Can you not ask your GP if you can have items for your dressings on prescription?

I suppose I could but to be honest I am just not fancying coping with all that! Easier just to buy it all from Amazon. Cop out I know but I'm all tuckered out. Now off to watch an intellectually challenging documentary on Princess Diana and the tab!oids 😅👍
Good grief, & people wonder why I have very little faith in our services. Our neighbour has had to move his mum in 'temporarily' after several weeks in hospital, & then many more in a care home she couldn't deal with, after she broke her left arm from wrist to shoulder. Carers arrive daily & a couple of weeks ago three turned in quick succession followed by three district nurses - pandemonium! We had our 2 year old granddaughter with us, no broken rules because childminding was allowed again, & she was fascinated even more so because it was raining heavily & these women were running around a la Benny Hill. Apparently they needed a syringe & because two extra carers came out the family's been charged, as for the nurses - what's happened to communicating?

The Radio Times came with the paper today so I am in seventh heaven! I have washed my hair and, assisted by my neighbour, done a clothes wash. Hopefully this afternoon neighbours will come bearing prosecco. I put out a WhatsApp request this morning and a neighbour came and removed my recycling and trash (good lad) and this afternoon a technician is coming with a cushion to elevate my armchair seat (I had forgotten about that!). So a good day so far and the Amazon bandages are on their way. I haven't had a good day for so long I am wondering what is going to f*** it all up!

Yesterday I wrote out a schedule of events to put in a letter to PALS at both hospitals, either letting them know my dissatisfaction or as a precursor to suing their asses if the worst case scenario happens!

The Radio Times came with the paper today so I am in seventh heaven! I have washed my hair and, assisted by my neighbour, done a clothes wash. Hopefully this afternoon neighbours will come bearing prosecco. I put out a WhatsApp request this morning and a neighbour came and removed my recycling and trash (good lad) and this afternoon a technician is coming with a cushion to elevate my armchair seat (I had forgotten about that!). So a good day so far and the Amazon bandages are on their way. I haven't had a good day for so long I am wondering what is going to f*** it all up!

Yesterday I wrote out a schedule of events to put in a letter to PALS at both hospitals, either letting them know my dissatisfaction or as a precursor to suing their asses if the worst case scenario happens!

Hi Mazza. Good to see you so positive - with good reason, it seems, as you are getting the help you need and deserve and well done seeking it. I find it’s the small triumphs (eg your getting a neighbour to sort your bins) that make me happy! Good to see you’re getting your fighting spirit back as well.

That's really ****.

That's really ****.
Well quite. Thanks to Amazon and my credit card I now have some dressings and some of everything else except one dressing. But I shall count the stock after every visit and buy a secret stash if necessary.

The "cushion technician" came and literally just plonked it on the chair, lol. But that means I can move it between the two. I don't much like it but it may make getting up easier so I shall try it out.

Well quite. Thanks to Amazon and my credit card I now have some dressings and some of everything else except one dressing. But I shall count the stock after every visit and buy a secret stash if necessary.

The "cushion technician" came and literally just plonked it on the chair, lol. But that means I can move it between the two. I don't much like it but it may make getting up easier so I shall try it out.
What the $&!* do we pay our taxes for?

Our local M&S closed yesterday after over 100 years trading they have relocated to a site ten miles away but only a food store. It’s a shocking blow to the high street and all their faithful customers. Of course I will still shop in the new store opening today but will miss browsing around the clothing dept.

Latest posts

Back