Nina Leonard TSV 22/03/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just had a quick look. Why is Jackie not wearing the TSV? I only watched for about 1 minute and JK was shall we say lacking in enthusiasm. I couldn’t watch anymore when the guest started on the dressing it up and down nonsense.
I’m pretty sure she is wearing it.

I’m pretty sure she is wearing it.
Oh that’s confusing. I didn’t watch it on television but clicked on watch QVC on my IPad. They must have been screening something else. The guest was showing that awful dress which has proved to be extremely popular! I hope people aren’t disappointed when they get it.

What an awful garment even gurning Craig will have to earn his money trying to push this .Jackie, the boots! trying to look trendy and failing miserably she looks like something out of a comic strip.
I had a look & my laptop was on mute, the tat peddlers are so much better that way & Craigie's gurning was even more evident. As for Jacqui Joseph's boots with that dress - NO!

Oh that’s confusing. I didn’t watch it on television but clicked on watch QVC on my IPad. They must have been screening something else. The guest was showing that awful dress which has proved to be extremely popular! I hope people aren’t disappointed when they get it.
Me too. I saw Kabler the Gabbler & the BA with a lovely face & short hair plugging the TSV when it turned out it was Jacqui Joseph with the perennially hyper Craigie.

On a positive note - at last a TSV that actually represents a saving with p&p slightly lower than usual - However, the saving just brings the price of the dress down to what it's actually worth, or let's say how much you'd pay in Peacocks (pre-covid). I saw the demo last night and thought it was the usual case of looking tight on the larger ladies and swamping the smaller ones - My overall impression was that it looked really cheap.
I had a look at Flinty's blog...and gonna be really bitchy here but she looks older than her mum!

Two colours sold out already 😧. Quick everyone, you know you really want it.

CC
Surely they must be getting rid of their old stock of this horrible dress. That is the only reason to explain some colours and sizes selling out. Let’s hope the Violet/ Black and Olive/ Brown don’t sell out soon so we can see as many presenters as possible wearing it.

Surely they must be getting rid of their old stock of this horrible dress. That is the only reason to explain some colours and sizes selling out. Let’s hope the Violet/ Black and Olive/ Brown don’t sell out soon so we can see as many presenters as possible wearing it.
I don't think I'd go as far as saying it was horrible, I reserve that for some of Ruthie's frumpy building society get ups! I'd call it lazy and uninspiring. A few years ago Peacocks rails were flooded with this sort of thing, I know because a friend of mine was obsessed with them, and bought about 5 different colourways...they were all black and.....Unfortunately anything in that thick Jersey fabric is never gonna look classy..it'll always look cheap. £44 is a ludicrous price...but at least the tsv price is realistic..but still a little overpriced for what it is.

.....I was gonna go on and say that this lazy style of dress will never bring compliments, it'll stop you being arrested for indecent exposure when you go out, but that's about all that can be said. I had a couple of these throw on styles a few years back, they were just easy to bung on quick if you wanted to pop along to the local shops or take the bins out, I think they were about a fiver each from Primark. I got rid of them in the major cull because I wanted to improve the way I dressed, and look a bit more stylish as opposed to being simply covered up.

So it's really popular? Sceptical me wants to know how many garments they actually had.
I think it's smoke and mirrors, and the volume of stock was actually not that high to begin with...they just love to feed the hype by being able to say it's selling fast, going limited stock, selling out in this colourway or that size. They know these are all phrases which can cause people to abandon their critical faculties and feel FOMO for a garment which will suit a few, and bring regret to many others, imo.

Honestly for me it really is horrible. There is something about the way those two colours are arranged that for me really doesn’t work. Added to that the shape is not nice and the length is wrong. For me it’s horrible.

I never wear dresses or skirts now because I would only wear them with high heeled shoes & the most I could do would be to stand on one spot.Having seen Chuntley in this horror with flat shoes I know why.The chunky legs shortened by flat shoes is not a flattering look.

It seems Catherine Huntley drew the short straw today as she seems to be doing quite a few presentations. It won’t be around when Pipa is on but if it is I predict she’ll have it hitched up, belted, tucked in and worn with leggings plus jacket. She’ll disguise it as much as she can! Who can blame her?

I never wear dresses or skirts now because I would only wear them with high heeled shoes & the most I could do would be to stand on one spot.Having seen Chuntley in this horror with flat shoes I know why.The chunky legs shortened by flat shoes is not a flattering look.
I'm surprised that she's allowed herself to get so plump again, this is the woman who said her lowest point was wearing two pairs of Spanx to a Q Christmas party & dressing up as a chicken to hide her size. The shoes are wrong, if she'd worn opaque tights & boots with a heel she'd have looked better. It fabric must be the same denier as a pair of tights because Jacqui J's bra outline is visible.

It’s the sort of fabric that will show every lump, bump and outlines of underwear.On one of the models you could easily see the line of her bra.Wouldn’t be surprised if the dip in the back hemline is even more after a sit down!

The usual poly/elastene that even when dumped on the floor looks like a dishrag. Going back to the style, the American designers, unless its a maxi dress, never seem to get the length right for the UK market. They are obsessed with a short hem. I used to love Ronni Nicole, but those dresses too were far too short for my 5'7 height. Ok if you want to show off the pins, but most of us at a certain age who would buy the range, do not.

These American designers need to do their homework more, because the amount of Clearance fashion should given them an indication that they are getting it wrong somewhere. I would suggest a) ditch the poly/elastene b) ditch the god awful stretch cover prints c) be more aware of the hem length.

These 'models' leave a lot to be desired in the art of 'modelling'. Most of them can't stand properly when modelling shoes - some of their feet are beyond awful, and none of them have any real 'grace'. I do wonder whether any of them have actually seen the inside of a modelling school, because its as though a notice was put up inside the QVC cafeteria asking if anyone wants the job !!!

Latest posts

Back