I’m getting really bored

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Breeze

Registered Shopper
I honestly can’t remember the last time I looked forward to buying an upcoming TSV.
I used to spend far too much really several years ago when there were good beauty deals & some lovely jewellery, gold days, gem days, brands like Honora, Carolyn Pollack, others I can’t remember the names of. I suppose I should be grateful that it’s saving me money 😁
But it’s all just SO boring.

Agree! I rarely click over at 9pm to see what the TSV is these days. Even the brand ambassadors are boring. I used to love watching the likes of Lulu Guiness and Leyton Denny with Nina, and a few flamboyant fashion guys who I can't remember their names. And then there was SJ with Bare Minerals giving really helpful demos. There aren't many really professional ones on these days,imo. It all seems a bit old tatt to me.

I honestly can’t remember the last time I looked forward to buying an upcoming TSV.
I used to spend far too much really several years ago when there were good beauty deals & some lovely jewellery, gold days, gem days, brands like Honora, Carolyn Pollack, others I can’t remember the names of. I suppose I should be grateful that it’s saving me money 😁
If I see another Radley watch or box of 3 diamonque studs (oh yes,you don't have to choose,you'll get ALL 3) I'll scream,good job the neighbour is deaf. But someone somewhere is buying this rubbish🤷🏼‍♀️

It’s a shame, but I agree with you. And they’ve reduced their warehouse stock for many brands so much that if there is a TSV day, you pretty much get the same products in a slightly different order in each show.
My telly isn’t working at present, but I’m not feeling any pangs. I check out this forum and rely on it more than ever to see what’s going on in QVC-land.

I was a regular QVC viewer years ago but I rarely watch these days. It’s just not what it once was. I don’t even know who most of the presenters are these days.
Same here. Loved the days of Lenny and Harrold . Even the models are bland. I guess the days we live in everything has to be bland so as not to offend anyone.
I can’t remember the last thing I bought.

I am the same Breeze, I used to wait up til 12 o'clock when a TSV would grab my interest, all excited, ordering TSV after TSV, spending silly money, having stashes of masses of stuff. I never ever watch QVC now. I pop along here to see if there are any TSVs that look reasonably priced and are something that I would really want and need and use. I very rarely buy anything. There aren't many bargains to be had nowadays on QVC.

I actually used to buy jewellery from QVC years ago now it’s either junk or priced for celebrities.

I've watched QVC from it's first day on air in USA, and now watch QVC UK. I've always enjoyed it. I know they exist to make money, but during the lock down period, QVC (and Amazon) kept soldiering on, and in my eyes, it was quite heroic of them. I really needed those deliveries, and I will never forget how helpful they were. So, obviously, I am a QVC fan in spite of some of the poor presenters, but even them I can take in small doses!

I used to love the Models Prefer TSVs - always a make up case or bag included and Stacy (I think that was her name?) was great. I loved her presentations where she started with no makeup and then transformed herself, showing very clearly how to use each product. Unlike nowadays where presenters and models just apply product over their existing makeup.

I used to have QVC on the TV even though I was doing other things then stop & watch if there was a presentation that interested me & would probably buy something.Now I just skim the website and decide ‘no nothing for me & have seen most already anyway’.No jewellery for ages, skincare / makeup? Only LE if the offer is good, Kipling? A must see, now if I do buy it is cheaper and better choice from other sources.The TSVs I would never miss, L’Occitanne, Kipling, BareMinerals, Laura Geller, Models Prefer, Lola Rose.

Always bought the Molton Brown and Decleor, always bought tons of things at Christmas but now I'm pretty picky and have got better and better at saying no to TSVs. I have virtually no MB left in the cupboard, all the Decleor has been used and there are just one or two (honestly) Elemis items. If I do really need an item I will look and consider then maybe buy because of the returns but nothing like I used to buy. I'm also getting quite good at returning things and really good at not buying over priced fashion items. So yes, I'm getting really bored with myself. I've become far too sensible.

CC

Latest posts

Back