Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do you remember limited edition records pressed on coloured vinyl, and picture discs?

My late mum used to get through a lot of blank audio tapes because she used to record songs from Radio 2 and later Capital Gold. She had dozens of them so always had plenty of music to listen to.

I've got fond memories of record shops, we had an Our Price in my high street, I was always in there. And Woolworths of course.
(y) Totally get this Muttley, I used to work in Glasgow, circa 1995-2003...every lunch break and after work i'd visit Fopp records...just stand and trawl through CD's for hours on end....brilliant times.

Do enjoy wasting your time here.
I enjoy being here, yes. These people are my online friends.
Not one of them has ever tried to sell me a cheap Chinese watch for 10x is actual worth.
None of them has ever posted something and then typed ‘I’m going to hell for this’ without realising they were still typing.
Not one of them has attempted to take advantage of me in anyway.
They don’t lie, and they do try to have a bit of a laugh in a dull, grey, cold world.

Meantime, there comes a relatively new poster called ‘Saintslad’. I’ve looked at your posting history. Almost every single post - on this thread and the few others you have joined in with - is
A. criticism of a previous poster, or
B. is attempting to disrupt, call out, or disrespect other forum members.

You offer negativity, nothing more, and I have enough of that. I have a small watch repairing business, and I also have MS. Sometimes I wake and my fingers won’t move at all, my eye is shadowy and I wonder where it will end. And I log on here, and see my friends, my online friends, chuckling about the insanity on Ideal World - perfumes called ‘Gammon’; watches named after defunct department stores that never sold watches when they existed; cooking products used to produce raw looking food that the presenters won’t even eat, and I know that this world is silly, and random, more than it is cruel. And I get through another day.
And just maybe we also help someone just like us, not to waste, truly waste their money.

So, ‘Saintslad’. that’s why I’m here. And if you aren’t ashamed of what you write, you should be.

Do you remember limited edition records pressed on coloured vinyl, and picture discs?

My late mum used to get through a lot of blank audio tapes because she used to record songs from Radio 2 and later Capital Gold. She had dozens of them so always had plenty of music to listen to.

I've got fond memories of record shops, we had an Our Price in my high street, I was always in there. And Woolworths of course.
I do!
I used to have ELO’s ‘Sweet Talking Woman’ in purple, and Elton John’s Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album in yellow. Still got the Elton one, somewhere…
Good mate of mine used to buy a new bank tape every Saturday, and record the top 40 every Sunday evening. I remember him opening a unit that was full of them, 52 tapes for each year for at least a decade. He didn’t cut out the DJ either. If he’s still got them, they’d be a fantastic listen now!

I do!
I used to have ELO’s ‘Sweet Talking Woman’ in purple, and Elton John’s Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album in yellow. Still got the Elton one, somewhere…
Good mate of mine used to buy a new bank tape every Saturday, and record the top 40 every Sunday evening. I remember him opening a unit that was full of them, 52 tapes for each year for at least a decade. He didn’t cut out the DJ either. If he’s still got them, they’d be a fantastic listen now!
Someone uploaded a Steve Wright in the afternoon from Radio 1 from Easter 1985 and they left everything in. Such a fascinating time machine. All the songs were damn good

I must find that. We all tend to have a couple of favourite years and I have three - 1977, 1981, and 1985. 1977 was the hot summer after the really hot summer of the year before. I was 14 and music was great, weather fantastic and life good. 1981, I joined the Police, had three months at training school, and away from home for the first time. Again - great and diverse music in the charts. And 1985…I met my first wife and was married to her after just three months…Actually, cancel 1985…

I do!
I have the ELO one too. Plus All Over The World and Xanadu in blue and pink 10 inch picture discs, and Mr. Blue Sky in er..blue..My favourite picture disc is the Devo Q. Are We Not Men? album with free Flexiwarp (as opposed to Pay) flexi disc… I find now about 2500 singles and various albums from the early 1970s to the end of the 1980s, living in my loft. Many bought from the fantastic and long gone Harum Records of Crouch End…You know…when if you wanted to ‘try before you buy’ they’d play the record for you…

I enjoy being here, yes. These people are my online friends.
Not one of them has ever tried to sell me a cheap Chinese watch for 10x is actual worth.
None of them has ever posted something and then typed ‘I’m going to hell for this’ without realising they were still typing.
Not one of them has attempted to take advantage of me in anyway.
They don’t lie, and they do try to have a bit of a laugh in a dull, grey, cold world.

Meantime, there comes a relatively new poster called ‘Saintslad’. I’ve looked at your posting history. Almost every single post - on this thread and the few others you have joined in with - is
A. criticism of a previous poster, or
B. is attempting to disrupt, call out, or disrespect other forum members.

You offer negativity, nothing more, and I have enough of that. I have a small watch repairing business, and I also have MS. Sometimes I wake and my fingers won’t move at all, my eye is shadowy and I wonder where it will end. And I log on here, and see my friends, my online friends, chuckling about the insanity on Ideal World - perfumes called ‘Gammon’; watches named after defunct department stores that never sold watches when they existed; cooking products used to produce raw looking food that the presenters won’t even eat, and I know that this world is silly, and random, more than it is cruel. And I get through another day.
And just maybe we also help someone just like us, not to waste, truly waste their money.

So, ‘Saintslad’. that’s why I’m here. And if you aren’t ashamed of what you write, you should be.
Well said, Professor Brandstawm................ I am a newbie here and sort of semi lurking/joining in, and I have really loved the conversations and the laughter between everyone, and being welcomed and made to feel accepted.........I love it here, I haven't laughed so much in ages. This group is fantastic and full of brilliant, intelligent people. If U don't like being here then leave, that is the choice we all have, no need to attack people just because they aren't saying what U want or think they should!! Saintslad, don't ruin this for everyone please.

Latest posts

Back