Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In terms of overall aesthetic, they scream Invictus to me. And they usually retail around £100-£150.

Yeah, that's what i've always thought, Invicta mark 2 :ROFLMAO:. I would imagine folks like like Invicta's would be into Nubeo as well, similar look, big watches, like having huge bling on the wrist, although maybe not so blinging as some of Invicta's offerings.
Strange how Invicta can produce a huge range of fairly popular decent, quartz and automatic, affordable submariner homages for ladies and men (Pro Diver) yet at the same time also produce some huge gawdy monstrosities.

OK I know we take the piss a lot about the random items they have on there. But the other day they had an offer of 2 USB ballpoint pens with 8gb of memory. Now I genuinely wanted to get them. As one for me and one for a friend. By the time I went back and forth with her the item was completely gone and not on their website. I needed to know if they wrote black or blue ink. My friend can only use black ink in her job and the 8gb is perfect for putting photos on and getting them printed off. I took advice from folks on here that noticed the stuff on TJC. This time round the ideal world price was better. You got 2 pens for the same price TJC are selling 1.

If anyone spots it again gimme a shout. I'll be tuning in off and on but more likely to pop on the forum than continually watch it as I'm out and about on laptop today. Only if you happened to be tuning in
I haven't seen the offer you mention.I did see Mark selling them on TJC, and the price ended up at £9.99 each. He was using the blue pen, but it wrote black.

You can get ballpoint pens with USB storage from… anywhere. Amazon, AliExpress, Temu, eBay, etc.

Heck, if you place a bulk order for with a UK-based print-on-demand company they cost around 80p each and you can have your logo put on them. They're not unusual or uncommon or somehow exclusive to IW/TJC.

I will say - a reminder: I'm a technology journalist for a living - that flash memory inside cheap tech is never that good and won't last long. It'll either be slow, old flash storage no-one else wants, or they'll be using "binned" NAND that didn't pass the cut for other OEMs who have reputations. Don't go sticking any precious photos on them expecting to still access them in 12 months, nor plan to use them heavily as a) they'll have slow transfer rates and b) those will degrade much sooner (most novelty USB products are made with those tradeoffs in mind as the items aren't marketed/intended to be used as a proper form of data storage).

On my smart meter monitor, I am using between 1 and 3 pence per hour. This figure shoots up to 88p while the kettle boils, then drops down to between 1 and 3p again. When I turn on my cooker, hobs, or hobs and oven, the indicator on the monitor shoots up again. Once it reaches the right temperature, it drops back to between 1and 3p once more. Cooking Jacket Potatoes was the only real difference I noticed and it was 14p more using the oven.
I microwave the spuds first then crisp them up on the air fryer after

Hello..Ideal World Production?…Yes…Hello…Yes..Hello. It’s Peter van Dubbelvealbase here..Peter…The Gadget Man…The Famous Actor???Peter van Bekkseetripped…Rattan Expert? No? Gen’s husband?? Right…you do know me.

Just ringing in to pick up me shifts for the week and what sort of expert do you want me to be on those shifts? Peter!! Peter van Axleseezed!! Right..A what? A dog products expert? Leads? Canine Behaviour gadgets guru? Right..That’s me, then…And Thursday? Male Fashion Consultant for the £9.99 elite brogues extravaganza? And the hourly expert rate? Peter…I told you
ten times who I am!!! Minimum wage???? You can f…right off, then…

I haven't seen the offer you mention.I did see Mark selling them on TJC, and the price ended up at £9.99 each. He was using the blue pen, but it wrote black.
Thanks for that. My dad has now jumped on the bandwagon. They have similar pens on Amazon but the Ideal World ones also have a stylus on the end. And the deal was for 2 pens. I could have placed 2 orders for £19.98 for 4 instead of the TJC £39.96 for the same number of pens. It's karma for ribbing Mike about the shyte :LOL:

Thanks for that. My dad has now jumped on the bandwagon. They have similar pens on Amazon but the Ideal World ones also have a stylus on the end. And the deal was for 2 pens. I could have placed 2 orders for £19.98 for 4 instead of the TJC £39.96 for the same number of pens. It's karma for ribbing Mike about the shyte :LOL:
Read Herrings post, he reckons the memory side of it may not be what it seems

You can get ballpoint pens with USB storage from… anywhere. Amazon, AliExpress, Temu, eBay, etc.

Heck, if you place a bulk order for with a UK-based print-on-demand company they cost around 80p each and you can have your logo put on them. They're not unusual or uncommon or somehow exclusive to IW/TJC.

I will say - a reminder: I'm a technology journalist for a living - that flash memory inside cheap tech is never that good and won't last long. It'll either be slow, old flash storage no-one else wants, or they'll be using "binned" NAND that didn't pass the cut for other OEMs who have reputations. Don't go sticking any precious photos on them expecting to still access them in 12 months, nor plan to use them heavily as a) they'll have slow transfer rates and b) those will degrade much sooner (most novelty USB products are made with those tradeoffs in mind as the items aren't marketed/intended to be used as a proper form of data storage).
Thanks, the idea was my friend and I are photographers and often get prints made but have trouble keeping USB sticks. So it was an easy way to have quick memory to plop pics onto and take to the printers or Boots or Jessops etc they won't be doing anything too taxing. And using it as a pen and stylus is very helpful. I couldn't find any elsewhere (apart from one on Amazon but didn't have stylus) that didn't want you to buy a gazillion with your logos. Any that I found don't deliver to Northern Ireland (thanks Brexit) whereas I know Ideal World do deliver here.

Also I didn't know you were a tech journalist. Very cool. (y)

Sallys doing her nut over a 100% silk scarf
She’s never never never in all her years brought a 100% silk scarf to air.
Silk would cost the earth anywhere else
It’s only 19.99
Took me 3seconds to find a 100% silk scarf on freeman’s web site for £18.00
Aparently the IW web site is exploding

fe2f3ea1aa70a8baa65b93f2468f42f0.gif

Latest posts

Back