Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We can only wait to see what positive effect, if any, moving to the new studios has. It has been around six months now we have watched the new version. The negatives as I see it far outweigh the positives.

Positives? Rob, Heather and Simona. Although the latter seems to have disappeared, all three are relaxed and come over as honest sellers, avoiding the relentless BS hysteria of the others in the main. Joe the Chef. A decent and extremely personable manner, and other than John and Paul from the previous versions, far and away a culinary improvement on the last bloke. One or two more branded products have appeared of late and you can only hope that trend continues to increase on new premises.

Negatives? Where do you start? Poorly produced and terribly repetitive promo material. Allegedly lifting forum user names and presenting them as product endorsers (‘allegedly’ in the sense that there may really be two Muttleys, two Quincys and two Hammys…). Desperate repetition of unbranded, poorly priced compared to elsewhere, dull, low end products - we all know which ones…The ‘Bid-Up’ archaic selling methods of some. And for me, worst of all, those desperately misleading indirect price comparisons. A real evil in a shopping television lack of informed choice to buy context. Of course, there is more, but for me, the above sums up the key shortcomings, and the far fewer good things to watch. Let’s hope when they do make a new surroundings start, some of the bad stuff can be eased out.

Positives? Rob, Heather and Simona. Although the latter seems to have disappeared, all three are relaxed and come over as honest sellers, avoiding the relentless BS hysteria of the others in the main. Joe the Chef. A decent and extremely personable manner, and other than John and Paul from the previous versions, far and away a culinary improvement on the last bloke. One or two more branded products have appeared of late and you can only hope that trend continues to increase on new premises.
Mr Bean would've been an improvement over Mark Stewart.

I'll add Annie to the positives. It is a real shame that Simona has vanished and Heather has been reduced to being a model (nothing against that, think she can just offer much, much more to the channel in a presenting role) yet relics like Jacks, Dirty Peter and Disingenuos Gen and her ever changing accent remain.

The return of Peter Vol-au-vent is a big negative for me and as I've said previously, can think of no reason whatsoever why he would be brought back, bar pressure from his wife. Bleeding Opatra crap spilling over from the morning show and infiltrating other hours is another negative.

Mr Bean would've been an improvement over Mark Stewart.

I'll add Annie to the positives. It is a real shame that Simona has vanished and Heather has been reduced to being a model (nothing against that, think she can just offer much, much more to the channel in a presenting role) yet relics like Jacks, Dirty Peter and Disingenuos Gen and her ever changing accent remain.

The return of Peter Vol-au-vent is a big negative for me and as I've said previously, can think of no reason whatsoever why he would be brought back, bar pressure from his wife. Bleeding Opatra crap spilling over from the morning show and infiltrating other hours is another negative.
Yes - thoroughly agree on the addition of Annie to the positives.

Stick Mason on QVC, with their stricter, more PC driven way of how you sell, he would actually be rather good.
he is definitely the main IW man, at least you get a bit of humour and charm to his shows but is sadly right up there on the massive bs stakes, 'best ive evahhh brought to air' and 'sellout city' and 'you must check out yer baaarskets' Yawn.

I'd love to see the back of Pedro on tv shopping, a long long time past his sell by date, seems to be trying to set himself up as a silver fox with the grannies these days..... 'buy this girls'. :sick:

Stick dullard Edwards, Natalia, Jacks, and the Volevonts on the bus with him too.

Does his ‘Goddess’ still get a mention nowadays?
They were selling the opatra baldness cap and he was telling Natalia that he is proud to be bald but the only thing that worried him when he decided to shave it all off is whether 'the goddess' would still find him attractive. I think that is an endearing quality for sure. But he doesn't half come off with some shyte (when putting on the hard sell)

Latest posts

Back