Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The cucumber through the letterbox gag was from Ken Dodd. He used to say "what a beautiful day for putting a cucumber through a letterbox and saying look out missus, the martians are coming". He was actually funny when he said it.
Oh, could have been that, as uses material from lots of 70s comedians & TV game show hosts. I though he was calling something else his letterbox, from the camp way he said it.

Simon comes over as somebody you wouldn’t tell what to do in terms of his outdated on-air act. Elements of it offend me, and I am sure if I am offended, others will be even more so. I don’t want to hear those sleazy, end of a rotten pier show phallic double meanings gags on family television timings. He obviously finds them funny, and that appears to be what is most important to him. Again, along with his hysterically inaccurate sales pitches, a complete lack of respect for his audience. With a gallery full of youths, and no evidence of any senior production staff around, who is going to tell him to stop and come into the 21st century, with emphasis on the word come! A loose cannon in the true sense of the term.

Latest posts

Back