Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

These wouldn't last a week.
snapshot.jpg

The laundry egg is back, that's fantastic. :rolleyes: You can buy them for £3.49 on the Discount Dragon website, before you all rush off to buy some, you would have to either buy 9 of them, or order stuff you might not really need, because it has a minimum order value of £30.

It kind of comes back to the same thing. Present day, with all the access we have to the likes of Amazon, Ebay, Temu and literally thousands of other retailer websites, how often can a channel like IW (or Shop on TV) actually put up a product that genuinely represents good value compared to all the aforementioned others? Add to that the fact people are becoming ever more savvy about 'checking the net' first to see what others are charging. Granted maybe not the older demographic however the younger gens coming through are.

I (increasingly) just don't get it and it's why I conclude we must surely be seeing the last days of selly telly, with some possible exceptions e.g. QVC and maybe the good craft channels.

Is Himself and Herself promoting a Premier Premier product.

Yes it's the 15 to 1 Polti cordless vacuum.

Only £250.

Is it a HEPA filter though? I haven't heard that yet but he sweats by them for everything from heaters to coffee.

It kind of comes back to the same thing. Present day, with all the access we have to the likes of Amazon, Ebay, Temu and literally thousands of other retailer websites, how often can a channel like IW (or Shop on TV) actually put up a product that genuinely represents good value compared to all the aforementioned others? Add to that the fact people are becoming ever more savvy about 'checking the net' first to see what others are charging. Granted maybe not the older demographic however the younger gens coming through are.

I (increasingly) just don't get it and it's why I conclude we must surely be seeing the last days of selly telly, with some possible exceptions e.g. QVC and maybe the good craft channels.
Agreed. It's tough out there.

But..... there is a place for honesty and quality otherwise everyone would order from TEMU and SHEIN.

That's why they have to get rid of the clown and spiv presenters, entertainingly annoying though they are to us.

Integrity World.

It is as if to combat their very poor pricing in general to elsewhere, some bright spark in ‘charge’ decided to use these appallingly disingenuous non-sourced price comparisons to hide the fact how uncompetitive they actually are. Instead, they could actually be honest about their pricing levels and sell on the basis they are more expensive but promote other incentives to buy- loyalty points, excellent customer service, flexible returns policy, a discount membership scheme etc..Things that for customer commitment for a longer-term relationship, would make them competitive for value overall. They clearly cannot be arsed to do any of those things, and take the easy option of comparing their goods with goods nothing like them in quality to create a false picture of the value they purport to offer. One or two (or one) of the more transparent presenters refuse to use the more outrageous ones offered to them. The rest are happy to embrace and even encourage them for their sales pitches.

Last edited:
It is as if to combat their very poor pricing in general to elsewhere, some bright spark in ‘charge’ decided to use these appallingly disingenuous non-sourced price comparisons to hide the fact how uncompetitive they actually are. Instead, they could actually be honest about their pricing levels and sell on the basis they are more expensive but promote other incentives to buy- loyalty points, excellent customer service, flexible returns policy, a discount membership scheme etc..Things that for customer commitment for a longer-term relationship, would make them competitive for value overall. They clearly cannot be arsed to do any of those things, and take the easy option of comparing their goods with goods nothing like them in quality to create a false picture of the value they purport to offer. One or two (or one) of the more transparent presenters refuse to use the more outrageous ones offered to them. The rest are happy to embrace and even encourage them for their sales pitches.
Very well put, Duke.

They need to concentrate on quality and service and realise that value doesn't mean pretending to be the cheapest.

Ditch the clowns and spivs, a comment I made in a recent IW survey. I gave them 8/10 in the would you recommend category which they seemed to think was a poor rating. The reason it's not 9 or 10 is because of their on-screen sales techniques.

Latest posts

Back