Can anyone help

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MillysMomma

Registered Shopper
When do you pay for advanced orders with QVC, I ordered some Green Seasons Christmas meat to be despatched on or after the 10th December but found that they had debited my account on the 29th November. I was under the understanding that the payment would come out when it was despatched and budgeted around it, but now this has happened my other financial commitments are all up in the air:headbang:

When do you pay for advanced orders with QVC, I ordered some Green Seasons Christmas meat to be despatched on or after the 10th December but found that they had debited my account on the 29th November. I was under the understanding that the payment would come out when it was despatched and budgeted around it, but now this has happened my other financial commitments are all up in the air:headbang:
Think the same thing happened to me before . Sometimes the items might be despatched
earlier, they think we've all loads of money in the bank, and haven't heard of budgeting. I would ring them up
and see what they say, and if you don't usually go overdrawn, your bank will probably look kindly at it for you.
Hope this helps, it is frustrating

I'm almost definite they say you don't pay until its sent out. I'd be on the phone having a stern word if I were you hun. X

Thanks, I will call them in the morning. I wouldn't have ordered if I had known that it would be debited that soon as when it was on TV they said it wouldn't be debited until it was despatched . I went to pay some bills and discovered that the money wasn't there, so called the bank to be informed that the money was taken out on the 29th.

The money is debited from your account IMMEDIATELY prior to despatch or, at least, it should be. If you can check your account online, see what the status of that particular order is; if it is being processed, the money will, quite rightly, have been taken. If not, contact the customer services dept. and ask for the money to be put back into your account until despatch is imminent.

I'm almost definite they say you don't pay until its sent out. I'd be on the phone having a stern word if I were you hun. X

They DEFINITELY said this about the Prestigio tablet I ordered yesterday on advance order, also for 10th December.

As it is on my credit card, it doesn't matter if they send it early (I would prefer this) but I would be livid if it was taken from my bank account.

On one of my emails about an advanced order, it states:

'Your credit/debit card will not be charged until your item(s) has been despatched and the first charge will be for the first instalment only.

All Easy Pay instalments are interest-free, and you only pay P&P on the first instalment
.'

One thing I've noticed recently though, they now say on air it will be dispatched BY xx date not ON xx date.

Whenever I order something on advanced order or as 'in stock' order, my bank account balance shows that the money has been 'debited' as soon as the order has been placed, but it's not physically taken from my account until after despatch.

They DEFINITELY said this about the Prestigio tablet I ordered yesterday on advance order, also for 10th December.

As it is on my credit card, it doesn't matter if they send it early (I would prefer this) but I would be livid if it was taken from my bank account.

NO NO NO NO NO Strato. Not another tablet. How many have you ordered so far ????

Strato, given that you know exactly what spec you require on a tablet, why do you keep ordering products which don't meet it? The prestigio is only 16gb and you've already said its not enough. Are you taking the piss with the 30mbg?

Certainly not, it is expandable up to 48GB, and does much more than an ipad.

I just need to check that it is not too slow, and doesn't crash.

And it comes as 24GB, not 16GB.

Last edited:
Certainly not, it is expandable up to 48GB, and does much more than an ipad.

I just need to check that it is not too slow, and doesn't crash.[

And it comes as 24GB too./B]

You wouldn't have all these complications with a crown!

I did buy her a brand new car this year, that is a practical present and she seemed to like it.

That was in March, when the last one I bought became 3 years old and would have needed an MOT, so I part exchanged it for a new one again.

I did buy her a brand new car this year, that is a practical present and she seemed to like it.

That was in March, when the last one I bought became 3 years old and would have needed an MOT, so I part exchanged it for a new one again.

Now strato, that is a good gadget, well done.

Yes, it was her first ever brand new car (the previous one I traded in for the 2012 one). To be fair, the first one was part exchanged for her very old car under the scrappage scheme, so that gave £2000 towards it.

Last edited:
. . . . . it is expandable up to 48GB, and does much more than an ipad.

I just need to check that it is not too slow, and doesn't crash.

And it comes as 24GB, not 16GB.

And I'd forgotten that it also comes with 5GB free (I think) cloud storage, so that makes it equivalent to 29GB. Or did I imagine this?

WOW. I take it all back then . Fair play to you . I think you deserve the crown oh and a tablet :bow: :bow: :bow:

Latest posts

Back