£10 off when you spend over £20... ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Out of interest, has anyone got one of the £10 off codes given on here to work despite not having received one from QVC direct? I don't really want anything at the moment (haven't had a proper look) so can wait to be sent the code by QVC but if I do suddenly spot something, especially if it is a limited offer, I would like to have the code ready. Also, is there an expiry date?

Yes, the codes all end 30/6.

They will not work on the app you need to use the website. Or many just phoning customer service and getting.

Now, saying that! The website was totally screwed all day yesterday, they even announce at 11pm on air(I happened to catch AY and she announced), that if you wanted to order you had to use QCut or phone the order line. The site was not working.

My code won't work, (on full website) says I cancelled an order and have to wait 30 minutes or have used it before which I haven't of course so waited 30 minutes but nothing. This always happens when QVC do a code offer with a lot of customers, website goes down or won't work properly and codes not being accepted, utter stupidity.

I would wait a few days before ordering and let all the excitement die down. Why do people have to order straight away?

Someone on the QVC Facebook emailed the CEO and this is the reply they recieved.

From the ceo office regarding the GDPR matter:

I am writing in response to an email you sent in to our chief Executive Officer, Mr Robert Muller. Mr Muller has passed this to me to clarify any uncertainties you may have around the GDPR emails that customers have received.

I would like to begin by apologising for what seems to have become a complicated situation and for any incorrect information you may have received from any member of QVC staff along the way. As a business QVC have taken a lot of time in to trying to make the process of the new laws surrounding personal data and contact preferences as seamless and simple for our customers.

Any customers that have an email stored on their QVC account was to be sent an email with details about how our privacy settings were about to change. In addition to this some customers received a code offering £10 off a purchase after opting in to receive selected emails from QVC. If a customer had recently opted out of receiving updates from QVC about offers and products, we did not ask them if they would like to opt in therefore the code was not included in their email.

From looking at the preferences on your account it seems that you had previously opted out of receiving such emails in March 2017. As you opted out of receiving such content last year, we did not ask if you would like to opt in however if you do wish to do so we can arrange this and provide you with details of the code.

I hope this helps however if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Someone on the QVC Facebook emailed the CEO and this is the reply they recieved.

I am writing in response to an email you sent in to our chief Executive Officer, Mr Robert Muller. Mr Muller has passed this to me to clarify any uncertainties you may have around the GDPR emails that customers have received.

I would like to begin by apologising for what seems to have become a complicated situation and for any incorrect information you may have received from any member of QVC staff along the way. As a business QVC have taken a lot of time in to trying to make the process of the new laws surrounding personal data and contact preferences as seamless and simple for our customers.

Any customers that have an email stored on their QVC account was to be sent an email with details about how our privacy settings were about to change. In addition to this some customers received a code offering £10 off a purchase after opting in to receive selected emails from QVC. If a customer had recently opted out of receiving updates from QVC about offers and products, we did not ask them if they would like to opt in therefore the code was not included in their email.

From looking at the preferences on your account it seems that you had previously opted out of receiving such emails in March 2017. As you opted out of receiving such content last year, we did not ask if you would like to opt in however if you do wish to do so we can arrange this and provide you with details of the code.

I hope this helps however if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

I read that on Facebook yesterday and phoned customer services quoting the letter and asked if my preferance settings allowed me to claim the £10 voucher. He said that they didn't but if I was happy for him to change them while on the phone he could then apply it to my purchase. I think there has been a turn around because of all the negative posts on their Facebook page and rightly so in my opinion. The CS chap was very pleasant and it, not like the lady I got a few days ago who outright refused to allow me to have it because she claimed I would have had an email about it to change my settings and I know darn well I didn't!Power to the people I say !!!

This person had not opted out March 2017 and am sure this is case for many who didn't receive it. Q has messed up.......again!!!

I called last night as I wanted to order a Liz Earle item using the discount and I had tried the codes suggested on here but they didn't work online. I didn't know about the Facebook "update". The person I spoke to asked me lots of questions about the deal, where I'd seen it, etc. It was as if it was the first time she'd heard of any £10 discount and I found it really hard to explain why I thought I might be entitled to it! In the end, I think I waffled so much, she just gave in and put the order through for me with £10 off. I notice I haven't had a confirmation email though and it was 16-18 hours ago.

The biggest shock will be when QVC Do Not Mess Up

I really think everything boils down to the fact that QVC just don't communicate with their staff. Look how many times we've all mentioned things (like the £10 discount, issues with returns/replacements, getting full refunds) which we've been treated differently on. So, they have an idea about rewarding people who decide to stay subscribed to QVC mailings and when their systems let them down by not reaching everyone (or was that actually deliberate to avoid having to be too generous?!), they don't tell the call centre staff what should happen and what to do if it doesn't. Surely it should be pretty simple!

I really think everything boils down to the fact that QVC just don't communicate with their staff. Look how many times we've all mentioned things (like the £10 discount, issues with returns/replacements, getting full refunds) which we've been treated differently on. So, they have an idea about rewarding people who decide to stay subscribed to QVC mailings and when their systems let them down by not reaching everyone (or was that actually deliberate to avoid having to be too generous?!), they don't tell the call centre staff what should happen and what to do if it doesn't. Surely it should be pretty simple!

Unfortunately it does seem to depend on which member of staff you happen to speak to as to how easy the process of solving a problem is. I know from experience that if I have someone unhelpful on the phone, rather than lose my cool I'll phone back later and hopefully speak to someone else.It shoudn't need to be handled so badly when it has obviously been a c*ck up for a lot of customers but it is QVC!

Unfortunately it does seem to depend on which member of staff you happen to speak to as to how easy the process of solving a problem is. I know from experience that if I have someone unhelpful on the phone, rather than lose my cool I'll phone back later and hopefully speak to someone else.It shoudn't need to be handled so badly when it has obviously been a c*ck up for a lot of customers but it is QVC!

That's a very good policy. I persevered with my attempt at a discounted order last night because I thought I was slowly getting somewhere but I did think of giving in and trying again today at one point.

I still haven't had an email to confirm my order but I see it's in my order history online - it's listed at the full price, though, so I'll have to watch what is taken on my credit card.

I couldn't use the discount on line so phoned them and they said that they would take it off. When I got the confirmation email it showed 0.00 but on my account it showed the full price. I phoned again and she said that it would be taken off. I have just this minute received my item. When I looked at the invoice it was the full price again but there was a credit of £10 on there. When I checked my bank account the reduced price had been taken so it did work out in the end.

Last edited:
I couldn't use the discount on line so phoned them and they said that they would take it off. When I got the confirmation email it showed 0.00 but on my account it showed the full price. I phoned again and she said that it would be taken off. I have just this minute received my item. When I looked at the invoice it was the full price again but there was a credit of £10 on there. When I checked my bank account the reduced price had been taken so it did work out in the end.

I have received my order confirmation email now (about 36 hours later) and it does show the £10 discount. I'll still check my credit card debits though.

By the way, I clicked on the link on the QVC site to the Cookie Policy in order to see what preferences were set. As you've probably seen for yourself (if you could be bothered), there are three boxes to select or unselect: 1) External Targeted Advertising, 2) Analytics and Personalisation and 3) Loyalty Programs (they mean "programmes" but they've gone all American on our ass, to coin a phrase). So anyway, what are these "loyalty programmes" to which they refer? I thought they decided years ago that letting us earn a few pence back on our costly purchases via Quidco, TopCashback, etc, or for charity with EasyFundraising, was far too generous? This is what it says:

Loyalty Programs
QVC may partner with 3rd parties that offer programs that provide you rewards and benefits when you buy from QVC. We collect information about your orders and share it with these parties to ensure you get those rewards.
Selecting OFF will block this tracking. Note: blocking this tracking will likely prevent you from earning rewards on these sites.

EDIT I've just read further up that page the following:

Currently QVC does not run any loyalty programmes, however choosing to opt out of this preference means you’ll miss out on any rewards should we launch a loyalty programme in the future.

Let us not hold our breath!!

I rang up just now to order the LG supersize B&B I spotted last night which I think is a BPOM as it has no postage. The lady seemed au fait with the £10 off voucher so here's hoping. I wanted to try the new light colour as I am between fair and medium and we all know some mediums do come very dark. I still have two in the stash but haven't even used them is Year as I am trying to finish the last of the fair. I may abandon that! So it is 23g I think for £24.50. :up:

I can't think of another retailer that has ever made something so tangled for such a small reward.

I didn't receive a voucher in an email but, as I still get daily emails from them which means I hadn't opted out, I rang CS. The woman I spoke to gave me the code to use but when I tried to apply it online, it didn't work. I rang them back and the next woman I spoke to said that she didn't know why I'd been given that code because it was wrong. :thinking:

Fortunately she then took my order and applied the £10 voucher code. I bought something that was in clearance so it ended up being a good deal.

Latest posts

Back