£6000 for a ring and .......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's interesting, because wasn't it reported that Meghan Markle the American, had more diamonds added to her engagement ring ? - the one that Harry designed with an ethically sourced diamond and stones belonging to his mother . If true, then clearly she wasn't content with hapless Harry's choice.
Megan Markle the American! I love it & I'll start calling her that along with Meghantoinette :ROFLMAO:

My maternal grandfather was a jeweller who left Poland with my grandmother & his files, hammers & pliers in the 30s. After travelling to Amsterdam he had the foresight to come to the UK & worked in the Jewellery Quarter, he created some beautiful pieces & made a ring for me when I got married. A few years ago I researched my father's family I discovered that his grandather was a silversmith so I'm not surprised that I love jewellery. I 've posted on here about the amount I've bought from the Q over the years & it's the pieces I've kept that I take on holiday, in that respect QVC has been invaluable.

I have just followed the link on the original posting and seen the guest with Charlie. Well, well, well! Our old friend Hannah! I haven't heard of her since the demise of Rocks & Co and her she is selling real diamonds which are not mined but grown in a laboratory. I always admire how the presenters give deference to their guests. Of course it is a sales presentation so I should expect that the inference should be supported that the guest is uber qualified as an expert whose knowledge is unquestionable - most especially when there is sales commision at stake!

Hannah Clemmow Gemstone Expert. Brand Ambassador. Television Presenter. Voiceover Artist.
I am an experienced and highly successful luxury Jewellery Brand Ambassador who has been personally responsible for sales of over £250 million in a worldwide territory. I have featured on numerous television channels as a gemstone expert and presented jewellery to European and American audiences over many years in the Gemstone industry. I am a qualified Accredited Jewellery Professional with the Gemological Institute of America and I have written a number of articles for jewellery publications and websites.
All that success and still selling real lab grown diamonds on selly telly!

Hannah Clemmow Gemstone Expert. Brand Ambassador. Television Presenter. Voiceover Artist.
I am an experienced and highly successful luxury Jewellery Brand Ambassador who has been personally responsible for sales of over £250 million in a worldwide territory. I have featured on numerous television channels as a gemstone expert and presented jewellery to European and American audiences over many years in the Gemstone industry. I am a qualified Accredited Jewellery Professional with the Gemological Institute of America and I have written a number of articles for jewellery publications and websites.
All that success and still selling real lab grown diamonds on selly telly!

Yes, and we all know about those Certificates you can obtain from the Mickey Mouse University of Disneyworld ;)

That is so low. Some people simply have no conscience.
My dad bought my mum an 18ct white gold diamond and ruby ring and matching pendant many years ago. The rubies and diamonds had 1ct of each stone in both the ring and pendant. Now my sisters daughter and brothers daughter had both said they liked it and, in front of me,mum promised them to each of them. I told mum she had done this and she said I was to have them and sort out who would have them. Needless to say after mum died and my dad asked my sister and myself to sort through her jewellery neither the ring or pendant could be found. When I asked dad about this after a lot of changing the subject he finally admitted it had been given to my brother's daughter for her birthday.

Did anybody watch the programme about Aspreys last night on ITV ? It was a repeat but showed just how much money some people spend there. One Saudi princess bought 12 handbags at roughly £40K to £70K EACH and another customer bought some rather cheap earrings (ha ha ) for his wife at around £15K, not to mention the Chinese man who bought 2 special edition Rolex watches in one go and an American lady who paid around £13K for salt and pepper mills.
The craftsmen/women they have there are amazing though and many many items are made by hand and totally from scratch. It followed the making of a gem encrusted necklace and bracelet set from design to completion and it took over 4 months. Beautiful when finished.
Next Friday on Channel 5 there`s a programme about Tiffanys which should be interesting. I walked around Tiffanys in Hawaii, they had subdued lighting in the store so the jewellery in the cabinets shone brighter under the spotlights, nothing had a price on show, they had armed security guys on the door and the only people I saw buying anything in there were Japanese which is ironic because just up the road is Pearl Harbour but many rich Japanese men own hotels there or visit there on business.
We were in Monte Carlo a few years ago and we passed Van Cleef and Arpels shop. Sitting in the middle of a large window was a huge diamond ring on a cushion. We were looking at the ring and an armed guard came to the door to look at what we were doing.

We were in Monte Carlo a few years ago and we passed Van Cleef and Arpels shop. Sitting in the middle of a large window was a huge diamond ring on a cushion. We were looking at the ring and an armed guard came to the door to look at what we were doing.
Obviously to invite you in to discuss the possible purchase?I often wonder if the Queen wears Diamonique leaving the real things in the vault?!

The visual difference between CZ stones and natural or lab-grown is obvious. - alter ego

Sorry, I'm late to the party, but what are CZ stones? I can't find them mentioned before this post on page 2. If I've missed something, apologies.

I remember Diamonique in the early days was 9 on the hardness scale so equal to a sapphire or ruby.

I tell the truth never a fan of diamonds, I love colour so rubies, sapphires, emeralds, blue topaz etc. I do own a few Diamonique rings in 14ct white gold from years back but I spend the money on real diamonds no. Now in jewellers here in Belfast, they had a natural untreated pink diamond ring, they do sell yellow diamonds as well. But I was shocked at the pink, it was a pale peach/pink shade and £££££. So anytime you see a bright pink diamond it has been heat-treated.

The visual difference between CZ stones and natural or lab-grown is obvious. - alter ego

Sorry, I'm late to the party, but what are CZ stones? I can't find them mentioned before this post on page 2. If I've missed something, apologies.

Here you go:

Now, there is a real gemstone called Ziron which is different.

Many years ago, in the days when Q was in the top 3 for jewellery retail, they showcased all manner of 'quartz' pieces.

Charlie Brooks did a Blueberry Quartz show (rings/pendants/earrings), and professed that this stone was in its natural state as mined from the ground.

I remember this, because around that time I read a newspaper article about the heat treatment of stones to produce vivid colours. I did some research on the internet, and yep, Blueberry Quartz was indeed heat treated. So I fired off an email to the Trading Standard Office (Trades Description Act) with a copy to QVC about their 'natural state' claim, and lo and behold the next time that Blueberry Quartz was aired, it was made clear that it was heat treated.

Just shows how we can been fooled by an aggressive marketing campaign.

Latest posts

Back