5th sept kipling tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Started browsing the items from previous shows - always fatal - now I'm thinking 'ooh, the petrol blue is more what I had in mind, I already use the brownie purse for everyday and and that breezer looks almost as useful as the TSV ....'

*gnashes teeth*

I know I shouldn't say anything against Kipling. I have 4 myself and they are a great 'holiday' bag especially the defea which is a great in flight bag....but they are really annoying me.....mine spend most of the time shoved in the wardrobe. They are great as a organising bag that can be thrown around/washed/doesn't bring attention to itself bag but...
The TSV today looks like an old fashioned video camera bag on the models hips. As for the fluffy monkey's.....they make me cringe.
I don't know what it is about them but I just think the basic range looks so old fashioned now and boring. I love my designer classic bags and as I said, I've bought Kipling a few times for hols but not anymore.
As for the Kiplings womens comments that they feature in high end magazines...its not normally becausethe magazine is singing their praises but because Kipling have paid for an advert!!!

Started browsing the items from previous shows - always fatal - now I'm thinking 'ooh, the petrol blue is more what I had in mind, I already use the brownie purse for everyday and and that breezer looks almost as useful as the TSV ....'

*gnashes teeth*

I do the same - for some reason the idea that the products have just been aired makes them more desirable, even though they're on the website anytime to buy - doh! :doh: IMO the bag/purse combos tend to be really great value if both suit your needs.

:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky: A bit cheeky but a question for everyone/anyone - DOES ANYONE HAVE A SPARE LONG STRAP FOR THE MILOS IN FLARE (orangey red) OR ESPRESSO? WILL PAY :cash: !!!

*gnashes teeth*

Save your teeth and buy the Breezer - I use this one everyday for work and love it - I've just bought another one in red and can't wait to get it. The organiser bit and the netted off compartment makes it really usable. :wink:

As for the fluffy monkey's.....they make me cringe.

I'll annoy you then by admitting that I love 'em and leave then swinging from my bags - don't like the plastic ones - give me furry any day :giggle::giggle::giggle:.

Years ago I had the Breezer and Brownie set but after a first flush of using it, it ended up in the cupboard then on ebay. I cant stand them monkeys just think they are awful although I do appreciate that some people like them.
However despite my preferring leather bags I have ordered 2 the Corrine in red (monkey will be removed immediately!) and a Makena in grey (again Monkey will be a goner!) Not sure I will keep them both yet until I see them in real life, I do like some of the styles of Kipling but think I have let the fact that they are not leather and those god awful monkey stop me from buying them. It just so happens that I need a light weight bag for a trip later in the year and all my leather ones are just too heavy

Well I stayed up and ordered the black print one:clapping:

If I'm honest, had that otpion not been there,I probably wouldn't have gone for it - the colours were not for me - I was hoping for some new colours:sleepy:

I'm not 100% sure on it - looks a bit square and bulky - but I do like and use my breezer for work,so ordered it - will make up my mind when it comes:up:

:cheeky::cheeky:

Well.... for all those ladies (or chaps) that can't stand their monkeys, I'm happy to give them a new home .... :happy:

:cheeky::cheeky:

I take my monkeys off, but I always keep them somewhere safe, because bags complete with monkey fetch a higher price on ebay when I get tired of them :wink:

I have ordered in grey. I agree, I'd have liked a dark green or blue to choose from though.

You can remove the monkeys if you dislike them that much! I like the plastic ones - or 'contemporary swing monkeys' as we're supposed to call them, but I think I'm too old for the fuzzy ones, so they stay at home.

I take my monkeys off, but I always keep them somewhere safe, because bags complete with monkey fetch a higher price on ebay when I get tired of them :wink:

I always take the fuzzy monkey's off, I don't like them. I didn't order the TSV but another bag in a print so it doesn't have a fuzzy one so I will see what it looks like and I may well keep it on. I just find the fluffy ones really irritating; they swing around and look silly but the hoop it is attached to is useful for another bag charm.

When presenting Kipling why do the usually stuff them to the max; the TSV looked like a brick! And very off putting, I find you can get a better idea of it's suitability seeing it empty.

My TSV arrived today. 'Minked Dark Grey' turns out to be a dark brown - not quite what I was expecting, but it'll do I s'pose. Nice bag, slightly smaller than expected, but that may turn out to be a good thing as I am forced to stop carting loads of rubbish around! It's a keeper, just wish they'd offered it in the Petrol Blue option ...

I got mine today too. In the Soda Pop Black. I'm really pleased I got the pattern and I like it a lot. For me it's a perfect size I think, I was dreading that it might be a bit smaller than I'd hoped, but I was pleasantly surprised :) Definitely a keeper :)

Glad you are pleased with your bags my grey Makena came today, Monkey is off!! the bag though is lovely very pleased with it. Still waiting for the Corrine despite them being ordered at the exact same time

Forgot to say that I also got my Fairfax + Symi purse today in Leopard. Already have this in Swirl (I think it was called) from way back (2 years ago or so?) when it was a TSV and love it.

This new leopard pattern with the pinks in etc looks great and I totally love my new Fairfax :)

My TSV arrived yesterday, got the soda pop black too. Whilst I love the look and colour, I can't help wondering if Kipling have cut a few corners recently. Two of the zips were stuck fast and took at least 5 minutes to get open (ok now though). The front pocket looks slightly wonky and the bag just doesn't pull right - like the arms on a cheapo t-shirt. I have owned many Kipling bags over the years but have noticed a definite deterioration in quality recently. Does anyone know if the bags for QVC made elsewhere because something just doesn't seem right?

Mine arrived- the minked grey. This bag looks a different colour depending on what angle you look at it from. Plain and functional but useful for work.

My TSV arrived yesterday, got the soda pop black too. Whilst I love the look and colour, I can't help wondering if Kipling have cut a few corners recently. Two of the zips were stuck fast and took at least 5 minutes to get open (ok now though). The front pocket looks slightly wonky and the bag just doesn't pull right - like the arms on a cheapo t-shirt. I have owned many Kipling bags over the years but have noticed a definite deterioration in quality recently. Does anyone know if the bags for QVC made elsewhere because something just doesn't seem right?

Oh I'm sorry to hear that - that must be so disappointing! Mine (Soda Pop Black too) is perfectly fine with the usual great Kipling quality and great zips. Maybe you were just unlucky and that slipped through quality control or something...?

There have been musings in the past about the short-cuts taken in the production of Kipling TSV "exclusives" but it's usually because they have fewer pockets or no key fob clip-thingy when compared with the regular retail version.
Rub a graphite pencil or a little furniture polish to free up the sticky zips, but if the faults will always annoy you maybe you should send it back. Bloomin annoying though if you otherwise like the bag!

Jude xx

Forgot to say that I also got my Fairfax + Symi purse today in Leopard. Already have this in Swirl (I think it was called) from way back (2 years ago or so?) when it was a TSV and love it.

This new leopard pattern with the pinks in etc looks great and I totally love my new Fairfax :)

love my fairfax leopard and the purse is lovely. nice size purse/security pocket and lovely colour really cheery for the grim weather ahead.:heart:

Latest posts

Back