5th sept kipling tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There have been musings in the past about the short-cuts taken in the production of Kipling TSV "exclusives" but it's usually because they have fewer pockets or no key fob clip-thingy when compared with the regular retail version.
Rub a graphite pencil or a little furniture polish to free up the sticky zips, but if the faults will always annoy you maybe you should send it back. Bloomin annoying though if you otherwise like the bag!

Jude xx

Thankyou Jude for the useful tip, I was thinking about using a wee bit of WD40 but worried that it would make the bag smell a bit...:doh:. Think I will be keeping it because I love the style (similar to the brilliant Breezer bag) and I deserve a treat..:happy:

My TSV arrived yesterday, got the soda pop black too. Whilst I love the look and colour, I can't help wondering if Kipling have cut a few corners recently. Two of the zips were stuck fast and took at least 5 minutes to get open (ok now though). The front pocket looks slightly wonky and the bag just doesn't pull right - like the arms on a cheapo t-shirt. I have owned many Kipling bags over the years but have noticed a definite deterioration in quality recently. Does anyone know if the bags for QVC made elsewhere because something just doesn't seem right?

I had the same problem and tried for ages to release one of the zips. Eventually my OH managed to get it unstuck, as I was on the point of ringing Customer Services for a return slip.

The bag is quite basic but I think I'll keep it too. I'm a fairly new Kipling customer and usually use a Breezer or a Jeel, as my travel bag depending on how much I'm carrying with me. I do like the 2 big main compartments on this one. It's a nice shape to fit a paperback/notebook/diary etc one side without them getting bashed by the other clutter. I bought the print one, although I really wish they'd had it in the new Plummy colour.

Also wish they'd sell the Breezer on its own without the purse - I do love the style but don't want another purse to offload.

Last edited:
I got the soda pop - I like it and my zips were stuck too!!! I considered for ages returning as faulty and then finally managed to move them.

My only gripe is that the strap is much shorter than my other kiplings,when fully extended and worn across the body.Being as this is the main reason I buy them,I will consider this in future.This leads me to think the quality has gone downhill and/or the manufactuer has changed.

My TSV arrived today. 'Minked Dark Grey' turns out to be a dark brown - not quite what I was expecting, but it'll do I s'pose. Nice bag, slightly smaller than expected, but that may turn out to be a good thing as I am forced to stop carting loads of rubbish around! It's a keeper, just wish they'd offered it in the Petrol Blue option ...

That really surprises me. It looks absolutely grey on the website. Can't believe it looks brown in reality!

Definitely brown, with a very slight 'silvery' cast to the nylon fabric. The strap, being cotton webbing, is a flat brown. I would call it Bark myself. It isn't a bad colour, just not what I expected.
Anyway, I used the bag for work today and it's pretty much perfect for what I intended.

one of the kipling made for qvc bags i think its the jacqueline has no lining in it which would make the bag feel and look cheap

one of the kipling made for qvc bags i think its the jacqueline has no lining in it which would make the bag feel and look cheap

I have that bag and it neither feels or looks cheap. I rather like it.:grin:

Forgot to say that I also got my Fairfax + Symi purse today in Leopard. Already have this in Swirl (I think it was called) from way back (2 years ago or so?) when it was a TSV and love it.

This new leopard pattern with the pinks in etc looks great and I totally love my new Fairfax :)

I got the Fairfax in petrol blue too (easypay helped!). It's a really nice bag. Glad I went for it rather than the TSV.

It's my first Kipling - monkey is off!!!!

Latest posts

Back