AAA Tanzanite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gourangaoo

Registered Shopper
I bought the AAA 5 stone tanzanite ring on offer a couple of weeks ago normal price £878 reduced to £439. Anyone else bought this ring and got thoughts on it...really cant decide if it should stay, or should it go....back!

I haven't got the ring or seen it but if i spent £439 on anything and i wasn't 100% sure about it i would definitely send it back.

not sure because

Im not sure if the ring is good value for money and 50% reduction is just a gimmick to sell stock noone else wants.

Im not sure if the ring is good value for money and 50% reduction is just a gimmick to sell stock noone else wants.

yes but thats an awful lot of money to spend if you are not sure its good value!
send it back if you are not 100% happy with it
good luck

Think you're right Kitten but does QVC jewellery come with Anchorcert reports? Very strange. If you're right and it is that ring, I certainly wouldn't pay £400 for it.

Think you're right Kitten but does QVC jewellery come with Anchorcert reports? Very strange. If you're right and it is that ring, I certainly wouldn't pay £400 for it.

Dunno Meeshoo, never bought any jewellery (except for a couple of little cheapo items!) from QVC, just seemed to fit description/price paid etc. Maybe just a poor web pic, I'm sure that each of the stones don't actually sport windows the size of Nebraska apiece in RL, maybe the OP will come back & enlighten us? :flower:

One thing I do know, if I had any doubts whatsoever about a piece of jewellery costing over 400 quid, never mind nearly 900, it'd be winging it's way back from whence it came, pronto! :nod:

Hi Gourangaoo,

I am novice when it come to Tanszanite, I have bought rubbish AAA from Ideal World and QVC. Don't waste you money buying Tanszanite from QVC. I have learnt so much just by reading posts on this forum.

QVC sell premium range Tanzanite with certificates.. I just checked the website. You can see a certificate by the side of the jewellery item if you click on the demo button.

I have just been reading some of the reviews on the QVC site and I am a bit confused.
TJC IGI certificates they say "eye clean" QVC are grading their Tanszanite with VSI, VVSI more like diamonds. One review says "returned ring becuase of visible inclusions found in a premium tanzanite ring."

QVC prices for Tanzanite jewellery rival the high street.
My advice, return you ring and use the money to buy a better quality Tanszanite from TJC for less.
QVC cannot beat TJC's quality to price ratio.
I have jewellery box of gemstones with patio windows!

Sapphireblue

yep, thats the one

Your right in the ring i have bought from QVC was on the link you posted . I dont dislike it, in fact i do quite like it, but the amount of tanzanite for the money seems too good to be true. I have never ever bought such an expensive ring in the whole of my life, and i just need to be told i havent blown such a large amount of money away on rubbish.

Your right in the ring i have bought from QVC was on the link you posted . I dont dislike it, in fact i do quite like it, but the amount of tanzanite for the money seems too good to be true. I have never ever bought such an expensive ring in the whole of my life, and i just need to be told i havent blown such a large amount of money away on rubbish.

Maybe you could try and have it evaluated by an independent jeweller? I guess if the valuation is for an amount equal or higher than what you paid, this might give you some peace of mind?

I can't tell you what your ring is worth OP, I don't follow Tanzanite prices as I'm probably the only person in the entire universe who isn't that overkeen on it! lol (Though I can still admire good quality pieces bought by other people, obviously!)
Whatever its actual value, you do need to remember that jewellery is a very subjective thing, what sets one person's heart racing may only have a shrugged 'whatever' effect on somebody else & like most things, is worth whatever somebody is prepared to pay for it, to get that particular design, colour etc.

I have never, ever bought a piece of artwork, pottery, whatever, on its value alone but rather because I liked it & wanted it & consequently, have sometimes paid far more for things than their actual, intrinsic value.
Having said that, nobody wants to find out they have bought a very poor quality example of something but all things considered, price is not the be all & end all if you love something!

Latest posts

Back