Account closing.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No Suki, I tried to log into my account on Tuesday evening to check on the status of an order and I got the following message:

QVC membership no and/or PIN not recognized. Please check and try again.

At first I thought it was a website glitch so tried a few more times then decided to call CS and was told bluntly that my account had been closed due to my level of returns. I was a bit shocked to say the least so yesterday I tried opening another account with one of my other email addresses but this was closed too and then shortly afterwards I received a call from a guy in their financial department who also told me the same thing, but there was no phone call prior to this and nobody had contacted me to discuss my returns at any time previously.

I'm gobsmacked at this! How much stuff were you returning?? Can they just close your account, just like that?

PPC, am really sorry that qvc just closed your account, without a chance to rectify matters.. Its a shocking way to treat you (I bet you've spent loads with them)
On air, the presenters actively encourage customers to order more than 1 of an item, order in different colours etc.. And say 'don't worry, if you don't like it (or them), just send it back, with our no quibble 30 day MBG!
I think they should revise how they advertise the MBG on their shows.. Most people watching are not aware that their account can be closed, if their returns rate reaches 50% (& returns are more often than not the fault of wrong descriptions, incorrect sizing details, faulty etc)
Its a terrible way to treat you, PPC x

It is absolutely atrocious behaviour towards customers, shame on you QVC, shame on you.

Wanting customers to be satisfied with their purchases is obviously not a high priority for QVC and it is making me rethink about continuing shopping with them.

After all, money spends anywhere.

For me the integrity of QVC has been going downhill for a long time. I had words with them over Tova Signature which I had used and loved for years. I sent one back thinking it was faulty because it was so different, Tova and AY had been on saying it was exactly the same formula, so I tried it again and it wasn't, I rang and said I wanted a return label because of the misleading, well let's be blunt, knowingly dishonest statement that there had been no change when there clearly was, anyway in the end I had to pay to return it. Months later, it emerges that the formula had been changed, and Tova, AY and QVC knew that. I have not ordered from Tova again, and rarely buy from QVC, only if I can't source the product elsewhere.

I think it outragous that your account had been closed, they should make it clear that if your returns reach 50% then it will happen, and not keep banging on about no questions asked.

Good grief, sorry your account got closed PPC, hope you take them to task over it!!!!

Hello to all.This is my first post ,so be gentle.English is not my first language,please bear with me.I have been shopping with QVC for 5-6 years now.Last April I have purchaed an item on 3 EP on my credit card.I have no idea what happend,but for some reason QVC couldn't take second payment from this card(how I found out later from my bank-it was something about sequrity).I didn't know anything about this.One day I logged on to my QVC account only to find-it wasn't there.I first thought it was something wrong with the website.Then I called to QVC CS and been told that my account has been closed for not paying......I was shocked.Then CS told me they couldn't take second payment and it is been long overdue now.I answered that I didn't know that and I have never got an e-mail or letter.I said it is outrageous and quite embarrassing.And she said "Oh,don't worry about it,happens to everyone!"....WHAT??What happens to everyone? Anyhow,I have made my payment in full right then,including third EP.She told me my account will be re-opened in 24h.I told her not to bother.But my accound was opened soon after that.I have never purchased anything from QVC again.It's been 5 month now.I can't belive how much money I have since I've stopped shopping with QVC.
I am verry sorry about PPC account closing,but belive me-you are better without.

Just caught up with this thread! Sorry to read your account has been closed PPC! That is what I call bad company policy. Hope they respond to your e-mail in a positive way. Puts you off watching or buying if thats what their policy is regarding returns!

Keep us posted PPC xxx

Just caught up with this as well, so sorry PPC, it feels awful and I hope you get things sorted out. Yes, I also had my account closed without notice and experienced the same from CS when I had a problem ordering. I did get a letter, dated about 3 weeks before they closed the account, but it didn't arrive till at least 2 weeks after they closed it. I suppose it is to cover them for the closing, to say they did notify before it was closed. The letter did say that any waitlist or AD orders would be cancelled, but anyting in the post or on easypay and kept, money would be taken. Hardest thing to me was that because the pin wouldn't work I couldn't see my account and didn't know what had been shipped or returned.

Accounts are closed by the volume of returns not the price, and usually it is over a long period of time. Over 50% spread over 6-12 months. My gripe with them when they closed the account was that they hadn't notified me that they were watching it. I had letters in the past - one almost a year earlier, but this time nothing. Then, poof, someone in CS has to tell me that it's been closed. Poor way to treat customers IMHO.

Last edited:
Yes, I also had my account closed without notice and experienced the same from CS when I had a problem ordering. I did get a letter,

My account was closed on 28/9 and my feck off letter was dated 27/9 but of course the letter didn't arrive until after the deed had been done.

Then, poof, someone in CS has to tell me that it's been closed. Poor way to treat customers IMHO.

I only found out by calling CS, nobody had the courtesy to call me.

PPC if you're on Facebook I suggest posting on the QVC page on there. Loads of people have posted about problems they're having and QVC generally get back to them quick smart because is so public and everyone can read if you're having issues. They probably can't/won't comment on your specific case but you could make a point about the MBG not being as 'no quibble' as they make out, see what they say...

I think they've treated you shockingly. I rarely order from QVC these days, I can usually find what I want elsewhere for a comparable price, lower shipping and better CS. Sorry, they don't offer anything THAT different anymore and there are far better places to shop. They need a kick up the backside IMHO...

Tx

Like everyone I am shocked at the way those of you have had your accounts closed without prior warning.I won't be caught out by this 'otherside' of the famous much lamented 30Day MBG as I won't order in the first place.There is very little these days I can't get elsewhere but mainly if this is the way they treat customers they should think of how many more birthdays they will be celebrating!

Lucky QVC that they are in such a strong financial position that they can afford to treat good longstanding customers in such a shoddy way.:angry:

They should put a disclaimer on screen to the effect that their 'no quibble 30 day money back guarantee' is subject to their T&C's AND they should send out a copy of full terms to all customers.

PPC if you're on Facebook I suggest posting on the QVC page on there. Loads of people have posted about problems they're having and QVC generally get back to them quick smart because is so public and everyone can read if you're having issues. They probably can't/won't comment on your specific case but you could make a point about the MBG not being as 'no quibble' as they make out, see what they say...

I think they've treated you shockingly. I rarely order from QVC these days, I can usually find what I want elsewhere for a comparable price, lower shipping and better CS. Sorry, they don't offer anything THAT different anymore and there are far better places to shop. They need a kick up the backside IMHO...

Tx

Hi RedT I don't do FB since somebody hacked into my account and starting sending weird messages supposedly from 'me' so I deleted my profile, but I know that residule a/c details remain on the site just waiting for reactivation so I won't take the chance of going there anymore. Somebody else suggested that the entire thread be posted on FB but I'm not sure if that can be done anyway??

Hi RedT I don't do FB since somebody hacked into my account and starting sending weird messages supposedly from 'me' so I deleted my profile, but I know that residule a/c details remain on the site just waiting for reactivation so I won't take the chance of going there anymore. Somebody else suggested that the entire thread be posted on FB but I'm not sure if that can be done anyway??

I haven't the first clue about Facebook but if it can be done I hope someone does it, QVC want exposing for the shoddy dollar-driven to$$pots that they are...I feel so ****** cross about the whole thing.

This is an awful way to treat customers and still the presenters are pushing the "order and send it back if you don't like it 30 day MBG". I don't watch very often now but heard CH recently urging us to use the MBG for every item she was flogging, even to the point of order 2 or more to get the right size and return what doesn't fit or with the patterned opaque gems, multiple items so you can pick the stone you like best. They all refer to it but I find Catherine one of the worst offenders but she does live in"QVC is so wonderful Land" she perhaps can't help herself. Put your house in order QVC and come clean about what is the limit and don't close accounts when goods have been returned for valid reasons.

wow feeling a bit nervous now ! don't order too much, odd Bare Escentuals never sent them back, and honora but am going to send a lola rose bracelet back that i ordered for a friend who felt it was a bit small on her wrist !!!! have sent other jewellery back where stones have fell out or just didn't look worth the money, or were bought for someone else and they didn't like it . but as I 've read about this on here before I've found myself not buying definitely will think twice even thrice sorry PPC about what they've done to you, but I guess there may be more of us to follow !!!!! xxxxxx

wow feeling a bit nervous now ! don't order too much, odd Bare Escentuals never sent them back, and honora but am going to send a lola rose bracelet back that i ordered for a friend who felt it was a bit small on her wrist !!!! have sent other jewellery back where stones have fell out or just didn't look worth the money, or were bought for someone else and they didn't like it . but as I 've read about this on here before I've found myself not buying definitely will think twice even thrice sorry PPC about what they've done to you, but I guess there may be more of us to follow !!!!! xxxxxx

Yes I feel the same now about ordering particulalry with Christmas around the corner.Thing is I have in the past ordered several things & then sent a couple back or even the lot. I have never recieved a smacked wrist for it ever. :whew:

It just does not make sense. If we are not supposed to do it then QVC have to gag their presenters because I think them saying that we can order several of the same thing & then send back what we don't want could be seen as a breach in trading standards.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back