Ali Keenan Speech at BCC Event

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thank you so much for this thread. I do hope that Alison has the opportunity to read it because I want to thank her too. I want to thank her for her courage and to thank her for showing me how my problems - health/personal are so small compared to what she and many others are going through.

I send Alison my love and my prayers that she will indeed get better for ever.x

Thanks for the thread Kitty.
My beautiful big sister died from breast cancer five years ago next month.
I miss her every single day.
I'm off for a little cry!!
X

What a brilliant inspiration Ali is, one remarkable woman prepared to speak in such depth about this wretched disease which we know affects so many women and men of course.

I send my love and best wishes to each and every person/family/friends who have had to endure such a traumatic time in their lives, some of whom have not been fortunate enough to come out the tunnel at the other end. I hope and pray that one day very soon we can find that ideal cure so this dreadful invasive cancer will no longer destroy people's hopes and dreams.

very emotional. and sad to hear that theres more treatment to come. all the best to her.

I must say she looks amazing. Best wishes to her, and to all those suffering as a result of that terrible disease.

Absolutely beautiful speech very touching and sad to hear, as others have said, further treatment to endure. Thank you for posting the link.

I got to half way through watching this before the tears started. I must have missed a thread, because I didn't know until I read some of the comments, that Amica had cancer too?!
I am a 2 year cancer survivor, although for me, it was bowel cancer that had been growing symptom free for years. I lost my bowel, had a stoma for a while, but had reconstructive surgery so that I now have an ileo-anal pouch, which is not without it's problems (lack of sleep being one) but is much better, for me, than having a bag of human waste on my tum constantly. I was fortunate/unfortunate (which ever way you look at it) that chemo offers little or no extra protection from recurrence for me, and that the hospital messed up and referred me to an oncologist outside the 3 month time frame where the few percentage points of protection can be achieved, so for me it was 3 surgeries and lots of prayer.
The difference with breast cancer, I suppose, is that it hits at the very essence of being a woman, in a way that my type of cancer doesn't. I am in awe of people like Alison who go through these protracted treatments and yet still exhibit humour, courage and determination to just 'get on' with life. My prayers go out to her that she will beat this wretched disease and that the dreaded lymphadanopothy and other troublesome chemo side effects will settle.

Lots of love to Alison.:heart:

And to all those reading this thread who like me wish they could be just as strong, sharing love and a huge hug with you. :mysmilie_513:

:flower:

What a very brave humble Lady, my heart goes out to everyone touched by this awful disease. God bless Ali, and hope you will one day be better forever...xxx

How amazing is she? I, like many others, have made comments about presenters on this forum which are sometimes negative. Ali was one of those presenters. What a way to show people like me how to conduct themselves - with humility, gratitude and courage! I pray that I and my loved ones (or anyone else for that matter), is never struck down by this awful disease, but that if we are, that we may deal with it in the way that Ali has.
I salute her and pray that she continues to get well and live her life fully. xx

Way to go Ali, my lovely, way to go!

It was moving and funny and terribly brave. My wonderful mum died of breast cancer nearly 20 years ago. I miss her still and I hope that anyone who is suffering or loves someone who is suffering gains some hope from listening to Ali. I will continue to support BCC by a donation every month as I have done for years in the hope that there will some day be a guarantee of survival.

Thanks for this thread. Alison looks beautiful. Although, as Burlz says, unfortunately she has to endure more treatment, hopefully that will be the last and she can look forward to her future.

It's a bit close to home for me also and took me 3 attempts to watch it through. Side effects from the treatment can be horrendous and I applaud her for having the courage to stand up and speak as she did so soon after finishing radiotherapy.

I wish her well and hope she is well enough to enjoy her daughter's wedding later this month.

All the best, Alison - you're an inspiration x

Thanks for the thread Kitty.
My beautiful big sister died from breast cancer five years ago next month.
I miss her every single day.
I'm off for a little cry!!
X

Hugs to you. I cannot bear to see someone cry in real life without giving them a hug.

Barbedwire, thanks for starting this most worthwhile and deserving thread. After watching it, my opinion of Ali has been further endorsed that she is such a brave and selfless lady. Didn't she look well? I am off work sick currently, after having been in hospital due to my epilepsy, but this puts things into perspective. Hope to see her back on air permanently but, as has been remarked to me often, we are only on this earth once and should, therefore, make the most of our time here. I know Ali would like to be back at work, and we would all like to see her there, but think of yourself first, and what is best for you and your family. x.

She is truly amazing...I take my hat off to her. It can't have been easy standing there and giving that speech. She looked stunning too. I wish her everything she wishes for herself. Well done Alison.

Well done Alison. What a very brave lady to get up and speak about this dreadful disease and treatment. I am so sorry to hear that she has more treatment to come.
I watched it through tears streaming down my face. A beautiful , eloquent speech. As Mia said , it certainly makes your own problems seem so small compared to what many others are going through.
:flower: :flower: :flower: Ali you looked stunning. :flower: :flower: :flower:

Fantastic speech. Would have taken a lot to say all that and as another breast cancer person, I thought she described the treatment and side effects in a very concise and down-to-earth way. The dress was stunning - am afraid I just look like a sack of spuds because of my weight gain from treatment!!! Still, I'm still here against the odds and making the most of everything.

Thanks to everyone who supports BCC, they provide a great service and even though I haven't used most of what is available, I have made some incredible friends and we all fight together and support each other in spite of not meeting up.

Latest posts

Back