Alison's advice!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Laura L'occitane Earle

Registered Shopper
OK, own up, which one of you ST forumites posted this problem on Alison's advice page?

Hi Alison, I am 24 and recently noticed I have large puffy bags under my eyes. I'm a newly qualified nurse so do a lot of shift work so my sleeping pattern is not the best. My main problem is that I watch all the skincare shows - Elemis, Gatineau, Decleor - but as they are all promoting their own products they all sound so good and I'm confused as to what would suit me best.

These products are expensive for me so when I buy one for my problem area I want to know it's the most suitable. Can you advise me what you would consider the best range of skincare treatment out there or perhaps the best product for my problem? Many thanks, Louise.

The shift working nurse asking for advice for her "problem area" that she happens to share with Le Q's Resident Beauty Expert For You, namely puffy eyes, made me chuckle. :giggle:

Yes AY is always saying "if you're a nurse blah blah blah". She's written the 'problem' page herself. Obviously nothing she's tried works for her so no chance for the rest of us.

Yes AY is always saying "if you're a nurse blah blah blah". She's written the 'problem' page herself. Obviously nothing she's tried works for her so no chance for the rest of us.

ahh now I get the post, I could not work out what was so funny about puffy eyes :giggle::giggle: home recovering from flu, so brain not working well

Or alternativly it could be a genuine question. We will never know the truth.

I bet I know what she'll say in reply though:

'Of course the beauty of QVC is that you can literally use your 30 day money back guarantee to try these literal actual presteegeous products and then send them back if you don't get on with them on your actual eye area...'

Can I point out, AY does not have puffy eyes. She has bags under her eyes. The thick black eyeliner she insists on wearing does not help the look at all. Also makes her eyes look small and piggy. She is suppose to be on the pulse of the beauty world and should know that.

I have thyroid problems and do get puffy eyes when I get up in the mornings. Usually the eye lids. They go down pretty quickly once I cleanse my face, well wash it and put my eye cream on. AY's are bags, which many will get as they get older. No cream/gel will get rid of the them, its a surgery job.

I have an underactive thyroid and first thing in the morning I have puffy undereyes, as they day goes on/if I use a cooling gel under my eyes they normally go away, but not always, particularly if I'm really tired. I know it's my own fault sometimes - I just don't go to bed early enough quite often :sleepy: also getting up early to get the children off to school!

I also have dark circles which REFUSE to shift no matter what I use - so it's just a cover up job really, I usually use my YSL pen which is fab.

I sound really attractive don't I??!!! lol :flower:

Latest posts

Back