All new price drop

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just watching it for the first time with Ryes.

Dear god, the music is so apt - it's certainly like a circus. :mysmilie_17:

Just watching it for the first time with Ryes.

Dear god, the music is so apt - it's certainly like a circus. :mysmilie_17:

And he looks the part too, he's dressed like a small Circus Ringmaster :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpg

Do you think Peter Simon or Mike Mason will do a shift on Price Drop? I guess not, but would love to see it.

Would be a sight pete gets confused anyway imagine all this winning/better luck next time nonsense he'd get in right state lol

I've been out at work all day but I've just caught up with a few of these comments. Please help me out here my dear fellow forumites.
I can't get PD but are you telling me that, if not enough people ring in to buy something at PD's predetermined (yet unknown) price, then nobody can buy it even if they really want it?.......or something like that?!

I've been out at work all day but I've just caught up with a few of these comments. Please help me out here my dear fellow forumites.
I can't get PD but are you telling me that, if not enough people ring in to buy something at PD's predetermined (yet unknown) price, then nobody can buy it even if they really want it?.......or something like that?!

If they have let's say a quantity of 8 and all 8 aren't sold then nobody gets the product, not one person. To my mind they're basically turning paying punters away and trust me, this has happened on a lot of occasions today.

However, even if all the items are sold you still might not get it if it dosen't reach it's mystery reserve price although from what i've seen there's no clear evidence this has happened yet. I don't think it's unreasonable to have a reserve price though because, let's face it, they always have in effect anyway.

But if I was one of their Creditors i'd be downright furious and would demand the scalp of which idiot came up with the stupid idea, turning away business wouldn't appear to be a smart move.

If you can't watch it on Freeview then you may be able to watch a bit of it online at http://www.price-drop.tv/

Just watched some of it now with Mark Ryes as the presenter. What an utterly bizarre concept for shopping television; they're trying to make it like a game show even if it means not selling any of the product at the mysterious "reserve price"!

Can't see this format lasting more than a week...

Last edited:
It can't be far off for people to think well if i might not get what i want why bother trying?

OK, I'll try to catch some of it online.
Thank you for your help everyone.
I've said before that I know nothing about business but, even to a business dunce like me, this seems like corporate suicide.
In my simple brain they're turning paying customers away, surely there's no sense whatsoever in that?
Great business model PD!

OK, I'll try to catch some of it online.
Thank you for your help everyone.
I've said before that I know nothing about business but, even to a business dunce like me, this seems like corporate suicide.
In my simple brain they're turning paying customers away, surely there's no sense whatsoever in that?
Great business model PD!

Another trick i've noticed they've pulled is when they have a larger quantity such as the vase right now (50) and they know full well nowhere near all 50 will sell the price drops miraculously to 1p.

But as nobody gets it anyway who cares?

Edit: - This very scenario has just occurred with the vase, as expected.

Another trick i've noticed they've pulled is when they have a larger quantity such as the vase right now (50) and they know full well nowhere near all 50 will sell the price drops miraculously to 1p.

But as nobody gets it anyway who cares?

Right so I watched the sale for the vase and it said 'better luck next time' so does nobody get it even though they wanted it?
Why would they not want to sell something - ok I think they had about 8 or 9 left but surely it's better to sell 41 or 42 and have 8 or 9 left than withdraw the product and sell none?
I know I'm not the brightest forum member but I don't understand.........please forgive my ignorance

Right so I watched the sale for the vase and it said 'better luck next time' so does nobody get it even though they wanted it?
Why would they not want to sell something - ok I think they had about 8 or 9 left but surely it's better to sell 41 or 42 at £10 ish and have 8 or 9 left than withdraw the product and sell none?
I know I'm not the brightest forum member but I don't understand.........please forgive my ignorance

Yes deedee noone gets the item and don,'t worry i've been baffled also still am

Just occurred to me if you use the website do you still not get what you want if not enough people buy?

Just occurred to me if you use the website do you still not get what you want if not enough people buy?

Yes, from what I can gather LL that is the case
Mark Ryes said he had web bidders in but the graphics for the item still said 'better luck next time'

Price Drop has vanished from my Freeview too, so I just caught a bit online. It's like the world's naffest game show. Literally and actually unbelievable. I actually feel sorry for the presenters who signed up to be shopping channel hosts with them once upon a time and now find themselves fronting this load of old toss. Caroline in particular I imagine would be particularly unsuited to this sort of end of the pier sideshow rubbish. Hmm, I wonder which ageing, tacky Bid presenters would be better suited...?

Latest posts

Back