Alternative to Liz Earle instant boost Tonic please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone recommended The Body Shops Seaweed toner to me a while ago so I finally bought some last month. I’m quite enjoying it to be honest but I think it’s more aimed at an oilier skin but they do seem to have quite a few different ones to choose from for different skin types.

I used to swear by the Clarins toners, but they’ve joined the brigade faffing about ruining their range. I plan on trying out Hada Labo. I think you can get it online from Amazon and possibly Superdrug.
Yes you can buy it from Superdrug.

I’ve looked at it before but not really sure how the system works.
Quite a few items are on click/collect Or instorr only (out of stock online).

I’m not sure which item is the toner?!
Is is the “hydrator lotions”?!

Someone recommended The Body Shops Seaweed toner to me a while ago so I finally bought some last month. I’m quite enjoying it to be honest but I think it’s more aimed at an oilier skin but they do seem to have quite a few different ones to choose from for different skin types.
I think their Aloe toner is the one aimed at sensitive skin and is supposed to be calming?
It’s a while since I used it and I think I found it a bit sticky?

Or there is the vitamin E one is hydrating so that may be worth a go?

Aldi also has lots of options of toner atm - from glycolic to vitamin c etc.
They’re about £3.50 so won’t break bank if you want to just try one...

Hi lovelies
When I’ve finished my bottle .. has anybody got some alternatives to recommend please .. I’m desperate … Thank you so much 😊
I’m following this thread with interest too!

Have tried various toners in the past and never found an LE alternative that I liked as much sadly!
Also loved the fragrance of IBST!
Still got half a bottle on the go plus a spritzer also half full...

Is the Elemis apricot toner any good do you know?

I use the Elemis toners, which are gentle and do not strip the skin. Oh, and they come in a spray, so no waste of cotton pads.

I have used all three over the years. Loved the lavender mainly for the smell but was told to move to the apricot or gensing (sp) both have never upset my skin which is on the sensitive side. Just a light spray after cleansing and move to next step.

Yes you can buy it from Superdrug.

I’ve looked at it before but not really sure how the system works.
Quite a few items are on click/collect Or instorr only (out of stock online).

I’m not sure which item is the toner?!
Is is the “hydrator lotions”?!

Yes, I believe so.
The now-departed Clarins toner I loved was a slightly thicker consistency and not sticky at all. I tried the replacement but it lacked the ingredients that made my fave superior. They took out effective ingredients and substituted cheaper ones imo.

I use the Elemis toners, which are gentle and do not strip the skin. Oh, and they come in a spray, so no waste of cotton pads.

I have used all three over the years. Loved the lavender mainly for the smell but was told to move to the apricot or gensing (sp) both have never upset my skin which is on the sensitive side. Just a light spray after cleansing and move to next step.
I also use the Elemis toners. I like that you can spritz on. I’ve tried all three over the years and like them all but tend to use the apricot one. I have normal/combination skin but sometimes a bit sensitive.

I also use the Elemis toners. I like that you can spritz on. I’ve tried all three over the years and like them all but tend to use the apricot one. I have normal/combination skin but sometimes a bit sensitive.
Me too, I often use the apricot elemis toner and find it quite gentle even if my skin is feeling a bit sensitive, I recently started their ginseng one and like that too, such a shame about IBSTC

I’m using Simple toner. I actually prefer it to the LE toner, and it’s available everywhere. I usually get it from Superdrug and it’s often buy one get one half price. Very nice product, gentle on the skin and the purse!
When I had chemo years ago and was told to avoid all perfumed toiletries during treatment, the hospital recommended Simple and so I used the lot including soap, cleanser and toner, body lotion, and have to say I got on very well with the range. I have recently switched to micellar water rather than cleanser/toner and got a huge bottle cheap in Superdrug. Actually it was a bit too large to handle easily so next time I found they had an offer on 2x smaller bottles so got them.

And to sidetrack (sorry) I have been using Aveeno body lotion and get on well with that too. It is cheap and helps reduce the financial impact of my MB shower gel obsession.)

Thank you again Ladies ! 😘 so lovely to have all these suggestions .. I will go with all your suggestions … I will try simple first and work my way through ..
i actually realised 10 years ago that IBSTC.. was the best for me when I had to hastily pick up a boots one at duty free .. for two weeks my skin was going up the wall .. had to stop using the boots one ..then I new LE was a keeper … But alas of course not the same anymore

Latest posts

Back