Liz earle tonic video

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

At the moment I’m not a buyer of anything Liz Earle so can’t really comment from personal use on how products now are.
But during this video showing Carolynne and Pipa with the presentation of the new pack of four LE skin tonic collection, there is not one reference to any new packaging or any new formulation.

Could that not be a trading standards issue???

Yes. 3 pack discusses changes thanks to Julia Roberts and 4 pack no mention of anything. It's all lies.

I use a range of things, changing them around to vary what my skin receives, and none of them are the price of the so called “high end” products.

I‘ve used Micellar water for years (Garnier) to clean my skin and to remove make up, and my pores aren’t blocked so it seems to do a good job. With regards to moisturiser for day or overnight, at the moment I’m alternating between a hyaluronic acid serum (£12.99 for 60ml from Amazon) and Nip+Fab vitamin C serum.

Something must be working because I’ve been told numerous times that I look a lot younger than my years and I’m also lucky because I don’t have many fine lines or wrinkles. However, I personally think the rate of ageing is down to several factors - your genes, the amount of water you drink each day and not sunbathing etc., which is why I don’t bother to spend loads of money on premium products. I’m also sceptical because I can never really see any difference in the before and after pictures. 😳

I guess it’s all down to personal choice though and what works for one person possibly won’t work for another.

Agree with you so much.

I've been blessed with good genes.
I do the drinking lots of water.
Never smoked.
Don't sun bathe and hide from the sun, it triggers migraines.

I'm with you about buying high end vs "normal priced".

Please listen to the video under this item number, it's unbelievable. Julia Roberts let's slip that Caroline contacted her in advance to tell her the tonic was changing and that she should patch test because she is sensitive. Customers were told at the beginning that there wasn't any changes to tonic just the packaging had changed. I can't believe this video. This is the only time the tonic change has been discussed I'm length. So shady. Your thoughts please..

Thanks for posting this. I witnessed an online friend having an attack from 2-3 LE fanatical fans recently because she dared pass a negative comment about the change in formula.
I have a joke about genes, but unsuitable for here ;)

Naughty naughty. 😉. Naughty step for yooooo. 😂😂

And I was just thinking positive thoughts about you. I'm in the process of retuning all the TVs and thought all that gadget playing would suit you.

Yes I retune them twice a year, near clock changing time, not totally sure why, but do. Think I like to punish myself as I've noticed some channels have changed their numbers on Freeview.

Talking of changes.....a friend of mine has used Clarins cleanser and toner for years, often buying it when sold together in a gift style box.
They have recently been discontinued, and she says the replacements for them are awful, she returned them to counter and complained. How many others complained I wonder?
These much loved brands are driving long standing customers away, and once on that slippy slope.................

The reviews say it all really, there are 16 for the new formulation, 14 are one star! People are saying it's slimy, soapy, yuck. I have one which came with the TSV and I'm loathe to use it as it doesn't sound nice at all.

I have bit by bit stopped using Liz Earle after being a big fan for years. All I use now is Cleanse & Polish and even that isn't as good as it was. Oh and I'm also getting through Superskin moisturiser as I don't want it to go to waste but that too must have changed as it just sits on the skin.

I love the smell of the original tonic, I still have a couple left, so I will use them up sparingly. I preferred the C & P when it had the almond in it, they shouldn't have changed that, but now they are fannying about with everything and losing customers hand over first. What a shame. Even the bottle the new tonic is in looks rubbish. I am all for recycling, but surely they could have got better ones.

I read the tops on the new bottles are snapping off, and watching Caroline presenting it, the tonic was dripping down the lid so the camera didn't stay on that for long.

My niece usually buys me a set from boots at christmas, but have told her i'm not keen this year so she is getting me No 7 instead. What a lovely niece I have.

Yes I retune them twice a year, near clock changing time, not totally sure why, but do. Think I like to punish myself as I've noticed some channels have changed their numbers on Freeview.
If you, or anyone else, like vintage films, 24 hours a day, from the 1940s onwards, certainly up to the 1970s or later, check out Freeview 81, TALKING TV.

Some of these old black and white films are surprisingly good.

If you google them, you can get weekly emails of the forthcoming films. I've just set my recorder for the Matt Monro story next Sunday.

If you, or anyone else, like vintage films, 24 hours a day, from the 1940s onwards, certainly up to the 1970s or later, check out Freeview 81, TALKING TV.

Some of these old black and white films are surprisingly good.

If you google them, you can get weekly emails of the forthcoming films. I've just set my recorder for the Matt Monro story next Sunday.
Did you know that Talk TV is run by a father and daughter? They do it all.

The reviews say it all really, there are 16 for the new formulation, 14 are one star! People are saying it's slimy, soapy, yuck. I have one which came with the TSV and I'm loathe to use it as it doesn't sound nice at all.
The las TSV I bought was the one with the retinal paste. I ended up throwing that away, and the soapy toner. Not such a good TSV when you do that…..

Give it a try. You never know, you might love it 🤞

I have bit by bit stopped using Liz Earle after being a big fan for years. All I use now is Cleanse & Polish and even that isn't as good as it was. Oh and I'm also getting through Superskin moisturiser as I don't want it to go to waste but that too must have changed as it just sits on the skin.
I have three tubs of superskin stockpiled….. I hope they haven’t mucked about with that…
The cleanse and polish I do Like but can use Superdrug's version at a fraction of the price. Toner is now Simple which is under £5 and always on offer…. Still looking for a moisturiser. I do like Elemis PCMC but I’m going to try a few high street brands to see if I can find anything I like.

Hi, I've been lurking on the forum for a while, especially following the Liz Earle threads, but have taken the plunge and joined.

Thank you for posting this video, and that finally it has been acknowledged by Caroline that there has been a formulation change, whether it be a slight one or not. It's very poor on her part that when the new packaging was introduced on that particular TSV back in July she was adamant in the presentations that there hadn't been any changes only in the packaging. It's all well and good 'tipping off' Julia to do a patch test, but all customers should have been told. I bought that TSV and was one of the people that posted a review on the QVC website. Liz Earle or QVC reps were obviously reading the reviews for it as the next day I was contacted by QVC customer services asking if they could pass on my email or phone number for LE to contact me about my review. They emailed me saying it was due to customers asking for more natural ingredients and they had trialled the new formula on a panel consisting of 50% longstanding customers and 50% with sensitive skin. I've never seen such poor reviews for LE in all the years I've been using it.

Thanks to this forum I've now tried the Aldi C&P and found them just as good as LE. I found some skin tonic in Boots in the old bottles so bought them but when they've been used I shall be looking for something else.

I make my own skin tonic and it lasts me a year.
I buy a litre of this for £10
And a litre of this for £10
I mix them 50/50 and they are pure floral waters, no additives and from the distillation process to make essential oils and they smell divine.
Then I add a capful of this to my toner mix in a 250ml bottle and shake. I buy a 100ml bottle of it for £3.50
No chemicals, no additives and my sensitive skin loves it

Hi, I've been lurking on the forum for a while, especially following the Liz Earle threads, but have taken the plunge and joined.

Thank you for posting this video, and that finally it has been acknowledged by Caroline that there has been a formulation change, whether it be a slight one or not. It's very poor on her part that when the new packaging was introduced on that particular TSV back in July she was adamant in the presentations that there hadn't been any changes only in the packaging. It's all well and good 'tipping off' Julia to do a patch test, but all customers should have been told. I bought that TSV and was one of the people that posted a review on the QVC website. Liz Earle or QVC reps were obviously reading the reviews for it as the next day I was contacted by QVC customer services asking if they could pass on my email or phone number for LE to contact me about my review. They emailed me saying it was due to customers asking for more natural ingredients and they had trialled the new formula on a panel consisting of 50% longstanding customers and 50% with sensitive skin. I've never seen such poor reviews for LE in all the years I've been using it.

Thanks to this forum I've now tried the Aldi C&P and found them just as good as LE. I found some skin tonic in Boots in the old bottles so bought them but when they've been used I shall be looking for something else.
Welcome!

Thats very interesting….
I agree, never seen such poor reviews. Try Simple toner, I find it really gentle and its only a few pounds.

There are so many products on the market these days if your old favourite is changed for the worse you just find something else.It can be a faff but the replacement may be better and cheaper.These companies cannot afford to loose faithful repeat custom and getting bad reviews.Once they start messing with the formulas then I am off, as with Decleor and now LE.

I agree with you and Caroline just downright lied about the formula being the same. I am glad they have now told the truth, but probably not many people have seen that clip with Julia. Wonder what the panel was like, they must have liked the changes. Or lied to Liz Earle. Welcome Geminilady. (I am a Gemini as well.)

Welcome, welcome. Drag your chair, fleece throw and some warm drink or cold to your preference. Crazy bunch here so you might need some spare underware.

Welcome and hope you have a great time. You will save some pennies. 🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹

I opened my new tonic today. Its like washing up liquid.

I love the smell of the original tonic, I still have a couple left, so I will use them up sparingly. I preferred the C & P when it had the almond in it, they shouldn't have changed that, but now they are fannying about with everything and losing customers hand over first. What a shame. Even the bottle the new tonic is in looks rubbish. I am all for recycling, but surely they could have got better ones.

I read the tops on the new bottles are snapping off, and watching Caroline presenting it, the tonic was dripping down the lid so the camera didn't stay on that for long.

My niece usually buys me a set from boots at christmas, but have told her i'm not keen this year so she is getting me No 7 instead. What a lovely niece I have.
Yes it is a shame. The bottle is horrible on the tonic. Skin repair is unrecognisable. Yes the bottle drips all down your wrist so much for premium beauty..x

There are so many products on the market these days if your old favourite is changed for the worse you just find something else.It can be a faff but the replacement may be better and cheaper.These companies cannot afford to loose faithful repeat custom and getting bad reviews.Once they start messing with the formulas then I am off, as with Decleor and now LE.
Sad but true

I believe that the planet is far more important than bottles that give the impression of luxury or high end products so anything that can be recycled into something else is the way forward. I also detest the fact that globalisation has made people forget their original passion & creativity for profit. A few weeks ago I wrote on here about Liz Earle's first show, how enthusiastic she was & how quickly it sold out. My daughter & I used it for years & then the company was sold & we moved over to small independents who don't use vile stuff like rogue palm oil & who are happy to stay local. At present I swap between UpCircle & Bristolmade & she's added White Rabbit to them.

It was noticed some years back when looking at the ingredient list that the natural ingredients such as the famous Aloe Vera which Liz used cut live on air when she still owned the company. Suddenly pushed way down the ingredient list. So anyone compares an old bottle to the new formula should be able to see if they haver farted about the product ingredients yet again.

Latest posts

Back