Ammolite - yum or yuk?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RubyRose

Registered Shopper
What do you all think of the new Ammolite items?

I have seen this stuff in Canada (I think that's where it comes from) and thought it looked like the ******* love child of boulder opal and mother-of pearl. I've also seen it on QVC (I think) and could not believe the prices they were asking for it! I want to like it, but I'm finding it kind of garish, if not downright ugly.

I vote YUK!

I haven't seen them on TJC, but I do own a big tear drop pendant bought from IW few years back. I love the colour play in the ammolite specially when the light hits it!

Last edited:
Big YUCK to TJC's offerings in spite of Vicki Brown raving on about it and having found yet another 'rarest gemstone in the world'. :rolleyes: The prices were ridiculous for low grade material set into silver and even the gold items had dreary mosaic looking material. In contrast the Ammolite being sold on IW a few years back was in a different league altogether and their pieces that were set into platinum were quite spectacular.

Both yuck and yum, RubyRose. Lovely colour play but somehow, strangely gaudy and fake looking. A good design could look fabulous with those colours, but i didn't see too many of those.

Not my cup of tea and judging by how little of it they managed to sell in the couple of hours that I watched this morning I'm not alone either !

....... and another yuk.......

I like colour and I love bold but I just can't like it. Just my taste....

A big YUK to TJC's offerings. I think Korite decided it had to get rid of its lowest grade material and somehow managed to palm it off to TJC, who then mounted it in suitably unattractive settings to sell to us gullible Brits.
It can be a really beautiful stone though. Quite a few years ago I bought some lovely Korite earrings at a jewellery shop in Bourton-on-the-Water. They also had a large top notch A+ 18k pendant with a really beautiful stone with loads of blue. They were asking £900 for it and I didn't buy it - I'm black and blue from the bruises I've given myself since!

Both yuck and yum, RubyRose. Lovely colour play but somehow, strangely gaudy and fake looking. A good design could look fabulous with those colours, but i didn't see too many of those.

quite agree :giggle:

Latest posts

Back