Another Red Carpet Manicure TSV 23/8/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ok
Only three days until the TSV.
So is there any new's on what we can expect?
I love my red carpet and have found it has really helped to strengthen my nails and if I am lucky I can get it to last for about 10-14 days and then need to change it because of the grow out and it would be LOVELY to have some new colours to a try.

After a lot of badgering I have been told that there ARE new colours (at least ones that are new to QVC)! And, having read the last couple of blogs from Debbie Flint, I think there are two colour options on the TSV.

Thanks for that , I am just off to have a read of DF's blog

Oh do we think that they are going to be able to get the right colours to the right people this time??
I think that I will order any way who knows I might get two collections fro the price of one!!

Why OH Why do they continue to offer kits with the ruddy lamp?

Thousands bought the last TSV ,so already have the bleeding lamps.

Surely a comprehensive kit to encourage the customers to maximise the use of RCM would be more beneficial ?

As I understand it there will be collections of colours and some treatments too. It's a pity they don't do an alternative TSV of just the colours alongside this one, but hopefully there'll be some good deals on the collections.

Why OH Why do they continue to offer kits with the ruddy lamp?

Thousands bought the last TSV ,so already have the bleeding lamps.

Surely a comprehensive kit to encourage the customers to maximise the use of RCM would be more beneficial ?

Well said my thoughts entirely. If you wanted a lamp you would more than likely have all ready brought a starter kit. This must be the 3rd TSV for it. So much for NOT repeating the TSV's.

As I understand it there will be collections of colours and some treatments too. It's a pity they don't do an alternative TSV of just the colours alongside this one, but hopefully there'll be some good deals on the collections.

I do hope SO .
There are 1,000's of customers who now have the starter kit and will be looking for more colours and bits and pieces. not every customer is lucky enough to be a member of this forum so wont know about the alternatives you can use to the official RCM ones, so they will be looking to buy them from Q.

Well, not needing an additional lamp (and not liking one of the colours in each set!), I have decided instead to use my code for three easy pays to order a couple of colour collections and some essential supplies.

I ordered the French polish early this morning, but have yet to see it demonstrated as I have been out all day.

As I have never done a French polish I am looking forward to the show this evening.

I must be missing something, here. Both Leighton and OPI offer products to aid in every stage of treating our nails. What is the actual purpose of the RCM system? From what I can see, the only difference is the drying process, being via LED lamp, and the polishes are gel. So I cannot fathom why someone who is perfectly happy with their LD, would choose to try this product. It seems to me, that they are trying to lure people in to buy the tsv, by alleging this is an innovative way of doing your nails, by using a lamp to speed up the drying. But the other ranges on the Q offer products to do this. Also, why would some reviews claim they have never had better nails, since using RCM? IMO, it makes doing your nails into a load of kerfuffle! More likely to put me off doing my nails.
btw, Chloe has just stated, you will get the right results, if you use the correct products - she was showing us the gel polish remover - which WE CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH. Talk about blackmail or hard sell!

Any Acetone polish remover will do.
I never bothered with ordinary nail polish as it never lasted 5 minutes. But I thought I would give the RCM French and Fab kit a go-the last TSV. I paid a little more for it than the TSV price but it was on easy pay. I had a gel manicure done at a salon first and loved the results and the first time I tried it I had some time to myself and enjoyed doing it. Compared with ordinary polish that chipped or smudged within seconds the gels are fantastic. Easy to use but take longer, not a chip or smudge in sight and I have been lugging heavy boxes and furniture around these last few days. My nails are glossy and feel very very strong. I am very impressed and am far more likely to do my nails now. I stick to ordinary polish on my toes though.

I think you have missed the point, it's gives more protection than a polish and lasts 2weeks without chipping.

I have LD and OPI, and whilst they are quicker to remove they don't last a week on me. RCM last 2 weeks on me

RCM is just the bees knees. A manicure lasts me about 10 days. Apply the gel varnish layers, dry each lsyer under the lamp and you can leave the house immediately without having to wait around for them to dry.
Can wash up, garden, DIY without nails chipping. The big pain is the removal every 10 days or so.
Another advantage is your LD varnish can be applied over it if you fancy a change of colour and removed with non acetone varnish and your RCM is still intact.

I've never tried gel nails before but have ordered it to give it a go as looking around it seems quite good value. I haven't seen any of the QVC demos yet but have watched a few on YouTube.

Many thanks to all on here who have given such good advice and tips on how to use it.

Latest posts

Back