Have I fallen for it again?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
About a year ago I bought a pair of Bell and Howell TacPens as a TSV.

But one of the torches didn't work, so I had to send them both back for a refund.

I even put up a review about them.

But they are now in clearance with 71% off and only £1-95 PP which I can't complain about.

Am I foolish to give them another try? If faulty again, at least I can send them back for free.

PS see my review - - -

I'd pass Strato. I'd wanted a little red truck with a christmas tree on it and light up headlights. It came into clearance and I snapped it up. Guess why it was in clearance? It didn't work. Fed up arguing with Q over return postage I just sent it back. Never again. Don't do it.

CC

Well, Mercury is out of retrograde so there's a better chance of you getting a working set.

Yes, I'm aware I sound bonkers, but every item I've bought when it's in retro has failed/been a headache. Out of curiosity, can you look up the date you bought them and then Google the Mercury retro date? I might not actually be as barking as my reputation (but on the other hand...).

Well, Mercury is out of retrograde so there's a better chance of you getting a working set.

Yes, I'm aware I sound bonkers, but every item I've bought when it's in retro has failed/been a headache. Out of curiosity, can you look up the date you bought them and then Google the Mercury retro date? I might not actually be as barking as my reputation (but on the other hand...).
Ooh, intriguing. I’m going to look this Mercury in retrograde thing up now.

Received them today and BOTH TORCHES WORK :) And you can zoom it, or have it on strobe.

Everything else works too, and in fact they are very well made and attractive to look at.

The multi-tool is credit card size and useful to carry in a wallet, where it should also prevent anyone scanning your credit card.

In fact, the quality is very high. The only downside is that the screwdrivers would be difficult to UNSCREW screws as the tool may unscrew itself intead of the screw, but should tighten them OK.

If carried in a bag etc, the torch is very likely to switch itself on and flatten the battery, so I am leaving the battery isolator in place and will just take it out when I need the torch.

The pen refills are only 1 inch long so probably would run out quickly, but I am only carrying it for emergency use. The whistle is extremely piercing, which is great if you need to summon atention. May work as a dog whistle as well, very high pitched.

I will happily be giving one away as a gift. At this price and with low PP they are a bargain.

Well pleased :)

Received them today and BOTH TORCHES WORK :) And you can zoom it, or have it on strobe.

Everything else works too, and in fact they are very well made and attractive to look at.

The multi-tool is credit card size and useful to carry in a wallet, where it should also prevent anyone scanning your credit card.

In fact, the quality is very high. The only downside is that the screwdrivers would be difficult to UNSCREW screws as the tool may unscrew itself intead of the screw, but should tighten them OK.

If carried in a bag etc, the torch is very likely to switch itself on and flatten the battery, so I am leaving the battery isolator in place and will just take it out when I need the torch.

The pen refills are only 1 inch long so probably would run out quickly, but I am only carrying it for emergency use. The whistle is extremely piercing, which is great if you need to summon atention. May work as a dog whistle as well, very high pitched.

I will happily be giving one away as a gift. At this price and with low PP they are a bargain.

Well pleased :)
Good to know that you are happy with them.

How often do you use torches Strato just out of interest?

Latest posts

Back