Have I been proven wrong?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
In the past, whenever I read negative posts about QVC, I always came out on it's side, as I had always been treated well by Customer Services. Now though, I fear that perhaps others are right, and I'm in the minority. I ordered the orelie bag in monkey mania, on waitlist, and in cafe latte, on advanced orders, as the on air presenter said it wouldn't be sent out until the week beginning july 01, I think it was, no sooner. When I checked my order status online, and it was on it's way, I naturally assumed it was the monkey mania one, as that was in stock and I wasn't expecting the other option to be despatched till next week. When it arrived, it was the cafe latte. I immediately cancelled the monkey mania option, in case I ended up with that one too. I contacted CS, explained what had happened, and asked for a label, as I was lead to believe it would not be sent out until next week. The lady explained it could be sooner, and that's what happened. As it wasn't faulty, the couldn't send me a label, but did I want to return it for an exchange? As I have never been in this position before, I was unaware it could come earlier than the presenter claimed so, on principal, I will NOT spend money to return it, and choose the MM option, thus giving QVC a sale. I'll have my money back, thank you very much! I told the advisor I was extremely disappointed with CS, as I thought they might have sent me a label as a gesture of goodwill. I won't be placing any further advanced orders; I've learned the hard way. Maybe this was, due to ignorance, my fault. The presenter even said that if you won't have to pay for it until the beginning of july, so what about those customers who perhaps ordered it on this premise? They may have direct debits going from their account which - I don't mean to be over dramatic - wouldn't get paid because QVC got there first? I feel let down by QVC, in fact I have been. I would have thought they would have been trying to hold on to their customers, not alienate them.

They often shoot themselves in the foot by being totally inflexible. In a case like this, I would ask to talk to a supervisor, or, sometimes just ringing again and speaking to a different person has a better outcome

This is a perfect example where they should have sent a label and been flexible. They also should emphasise on air and online that advance orders can come earlier. Since they don't really emphasise that they should have gone with your request - I think they should anyway as I'm constantly unimpressed that on top of their ludicrous p and p (high price, per item etc) they don't offer free returns as standard when so many of their competitors do.

I normally find that if I firmly ask to speak to a manager, eventually I get a response I am satisfied with. I had a horrible experience with a rubbish PC a few years ago, and since then I just use the broken record technique, reference trading standards or do whatever I need to get my way. If they definitely didn't say it could come sooner I would really stick to my guns!

I had exactly that happen to me I ordered something on advanced order specifically because I knew I wouldn't have the money until after the stated delivery day but it arrived a full week before the stated day and the money went out from my account meaning my mortgage didn't get paid and I had to pay over £50.00 of bank charges.
when I called customer services I was told that it was ONLY EVER an estimated date for delivery.
So why bother giving a date for advanced orders if it means nothing in reality
I won't ever order anything on advanced orders again.

Hi Louise,

Shame that after your loyalty and praise they have stiffed you. It seems like if you make a fuss on their Facebook page, they will sort out your grievance quickly and favourably. They don't like any negativity on FB. Good luck!

Inge x

They used to always says with Advanced Order it was week beginning X or sooner but recently have not heard them say sooner, more saying won't be despatched till week beginning X so you don't have to pay till then.

Hi Louise - in my experience in the past with Q, if you don't like the first answer you get over the phone- send them an email complaining about it -exactly as you have put it on here. I got what I wanted when I did that and so far I have never had an issue since.

I bought something on advanced order because it was going to be about 6 weeks before it would be sent out so I knew I would definitely have the money in my account. It was sent to me the following week. While I was pleased to get it so quickly it did cause a few problems with my bank account as my money goes in weekly and not monthly.

This has happened to me with the last 3 items l ordered on AO. I've heard a presenter say once, l think, that an item may come in sooner but it's not a regular thing. They usually stress that if you haven't got the funds now get it on AO. I have stopped using the AO system as l can't trust the information l'm given on screen.

Yes Sazza is correct. They did use to state the starting X or it could be sooner.

Just the other day I heard Pipa say advanced orders won't be coming until Y date. And I have heard AY and Julie also state this.

Its okay if you have a credit card perhaps, but I have a debit card and there a certain amount in it at particular times. Bills I know will come out on the date stated and yes they do. I budget money, A for bills etc and then only have B free money to spend. QVC could end up costing people money with bank charges.

Hi Louise - in my experience in the past with Q, if you don't like the first answer you get over the phone- send them an email complaining about it -exactly as you have put it on here. I got what I wanted when I did that and so far I have never had an issue since.

That's exactly what I have done. Just waiting to hear back from them.

When Debbie Flint is trying to flog us something on Advanced Orders, she always says that if you haven't got the money now, not to worry because they don't take any money until it is sent to us.
But if the delivery date is 3rd July for example and you don't get paid till the 1st of the month, what good is it sending the goods in June IFKWIM?
I know DF gets a lot of stick on here, I actually quite like her to be honest, but this has always annoyed me with her for some reason.

Just this morning my mum discovered an item she had ordered on advanced order, due week beginning 8th July and it has been sent today!! She uses a credit card so no danger of going overdrawn for her but for people using debit cards it could.

Oh and said item is still showing on QVC website as being on Advanced Order and is being aired today!!

QVC have become far too reliant on Advanced Orders, they are clearly not buying as much stock in, don't want to commit to the spenditure.

QVC could meet the customer half way if they allow a customer to add a waitlist or Auto Delivery item to their basket but with an option to be informed when the item has been restocked. A simple email or text automatically generated when new stock is added to the inventory (not just penny numbers of returns) this would give greater confidence in receiving new stock but if, by the time you get the notification, you've changed your mind then you're not lumbered with a return or an overdraft. So many other retail websites offer this kind of service but when Q had their website reinvented they didn't really look to add as many useful new features as they could.
Ofcourse we all know why Q push more items with auto delivery - it's risk free selling giving them certainty that most of the units will sell with minimal warehouse space! Take off the blinkers QVC and move with the times!

It's been two days now, still no reply from QVC to my email complaint on the kipling bag. Whenever I email them re a product enquiry/suggestion, they reply. Why not when I complain? This has happened before.

It's been two days now, still no reply from QVC to my email complaint on the kipling bag. Whenever I email them re a product enquiry/suggestion, they reply. Why not when I complain? This has happened before.

QVC take longer to reply these days, it is sometimes three days or more now!

In the past, whenever I read negative posts about QVC, I always came out on it's side, as I had always been treated well by Customer Services. Now though, I fear that perhaps others are right, and I'm in the minority. I ordered the orelie bag in monkey mania, on waitlist, and in cafe latte, on advanced orders, as the on air presenter said it wouldn't be sent out until the week beginning july 01, I think it was, no sooner. When I checked my order status online, and it was on it's way, I naturally assumed it was the monkey mania one, as that was in stock and I wasn't expecting the other option to be despatched till next week. When it arrived, it was the cafe latte. I immediately cancelled the monkey mania option, in case I ended up with that one too. I contacted CS, explained what had happened, and asked for a label, as I was lead to believe it would not be sent out until next week. The lady explained it could be sooner, and that's what happened. As it wasn't faulty, the couldn't send me a label, but did I want to return it for an exchange? As I have never been in this position before, I was unaware it could come earlier than the presenter claimed so, on principal, I will NOT spend money to return it, and choose the MM option, thus giving QVC a sale. I'll have my money back, thank you very much! I told the advisor I was extremely disappointed with CS, as I thought they might have sent me a label as a gesture of goodwill. I won't be placing any further advanced orders; I've learned the hard way. Maybe this was, due to ignorance, my fault. The presenter even said that if you won't have to pay for it until the beginning of july, so what about those customers who perhaps ordered it on this premise? They may have direct debits going from their account which - I don't mean to be over dramatic - wouldn't get paid because QVC got there first? I feel let down by QVC, in fact I have been. I would have thought they would have been trying to hold on to their customers, not alienate them.
Sometimes it all depends on the CS person you happen to get also.........some of them bend backwards to help you, and these are the ones that gets QVC the good name for their CS ,Sometimes you get the odd one who think that they are very "important" and give out the feeling that they are doing us a favour talking to us !!!
Luckily for QVC, they have many of the first kind of CS, but occasionally woe to those who get the second type.

Received an email this morning, and QVC is going to send me out a label, as I was unaware of the policy on AOs. Thanks QVC.

Latest posts

Back