another Yankee tsv......... June. 8th

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i loved the old yankee tsv. tarts,votives,votive holders,tart burners,medium jar candle,christmas wreathetc. never forget the fun of unpacking it wonderful. now i dont even bother. same with l'occitane just not the same :(

Yawn. Looking on the bright side let's hope that Rosa is the guest and not "can't - be - bothered" Michaela.

oooh another Yankee TSV ... any ideas?

just noticed on the tv guide that there is another imminent Yankee Candle TSV, marking their 8th anniversary. Any clues out there "super spotters" ?? Thank you!

thanks ever so much but I am gutted will have to leave this one as its floral, :eek:(( fruity and foody please next time xx

this is showing online now, its like the Christmas fragrance set they did a while ago being that its a boxed set of samplers which a few clear glass holders included. IMO not too good a TSV when you consider its £28 with the P&P as at the end of the day it is only samplers, not even a small jar included. It does look very nice to give as a gift, but do many people spend as much as £28 for a nice looking gift for friends? mums fair enough, but friends? Sorry YC its a no go for me this time, I was hoping for yummy fruit or foody option to have been added by now but there is no drop down showing available so its floral or nothing guys! I expect it will sell out as they will play on the gift giving scenario but considering its Fathers Day coming up this one is far more Mothers Day orientated.

Last edited:
I probably won't buy this one but I do like samplers. I like to try a candle in sampler form before I buy a jar to see if I like it. I also often buy candles as gifts so I could split this up into little gifts for friend's birthdays or if I'm invited to dinner as an alternative to a bottle of wine.

It's my birthday soon and I'm going out for afternoon tea with the girls. It's their treat so I'm giving each of them a sampler candle as a thank you.

Yc tsv

I'm feeling sorry for Michaela as she has mentioned her recent holiday several times and not once has Dale asked where she went, what a shame. Go on Dale ask her and let her tell you all about it, I'd love to know as I'm sure she said previously that she hadn't been away for ages, so go on let her have her moment! I think she looks really nice today too with her suntan.

I think the TSV is a bummer though (imo), the EP is good admittedly as you feel it is only costing £11 but really its £23 plus £6 P&P so its near on £30. Then Michaela keeps saying if you buy two sets you are saving £27, so that means really you are saving £13.50 on one set. And when you take off the £6 for the postage you are really only saving yourself £7.50. Considering there are 16 samplers that is only a saving of say 45p each off the RRP, now I would rather pay 45p each extra and choose 16 of my own fragrance choices, rather than have a box full of headachey floral smells.

I've bypassed the TSV this time and gone for the 52 pc summer set instead, as in that you get 12 samplers, (so just four short of the TSV), 4 glass holders the same but you also get 3 full boxes of matching tealights too!! Lovely fruity fragrances and fab colours, its also available on 2 x EP but £15 instead of £11. Each to their own I know!! but I know which I would rather have.

I've bought it to split as pressies for my children's 2 teachers n 2 assistants. Plus I'll get to keep 4 candles for myself (fluffy towel and ?)

I've bought it to split as pressies for my children's 2 teachers n 2 assistants. Plus I'll get to keep 4 candles for myself (fluffy towel and ?)

wow what a fab idea, never thought of that one!! you could then fill up the box with all your fave scents afterwards. I do think the box makes it look fantastic, just the floral being a bug bear for me on this occasion.

Hmmmn, I am toying myself now, as I have school pressies coming up the same, so I could give away the more headachey ones (to me!, teachers will probably love 'em) and fill it up with my summer set above, how fab would that look, so colourful. Hmmmn, I am convinced I think just gonna order mine now, be back soon ..... thanks for the fab tip :eek:)

done! ordered! I am going to try and pick up 4 sicilian lemon samplers too over the weekend and then I can put these in the four glass tumblers in the corners, and then I will have my summer 12 in the others bits, will look so fab and colourful. It will be a shame to start burning them lol

I've just returned from the USA where Yankee shops have all samplers and tarts for $1 each - yes $1 that's just 60p. As you can imagine my suitcase was filled to bursting. We then went on to find a Yankee outlet shop where all the medium jars were $14 or 3 for the price of 2, large jars $18, and scented tealights $7. Lots of different fragrances, I'm loving 'wild pansies' and 'maple pancake'. Yes, I went mad! luggage very nearly overweight but it was worth it. I certainly won't be buying the TSV!! Too expensive.

I often give a sampler or two and a votive as a gift and have bought kits in the past to split up as gifts. I'm not buying this one though.

Really don't like white gardenia. Neither do I like fluffy towels.

Shame the Union Jack candle wasn't a TSV to coincide with the Jubilee. Disappointing TSV for an anniversary, usual samples and holders.

I've just returned from the USA where Yankee shops have all samplers and tarts for $1 each - yes $1 that's just 60p. As you can imagine my suitcase was filled to bursting. We then went on to find a Yankee outlet shop where all the medium jars were $14 or 3 for the price of 2, large jars $18, and scented tealights $7. Lots of different fragrances, I'm loving 'wild pansies' and 'maple pancake'. Yes, I went mad! luggage very nearly overweight but it was worth it. I certainly won't be buying the TSV!! Too expensive.

I loved the Yankee Outlet in Orlando when we were there last October. I loved Cherry Berry Pie which I'm still burning at the mo but once that's gone that's my stock of US ones over. I had another one called Hometown Days that was lovely as well.

Did want to go for the TSV yesterday but just don't have any spare money for candles at the mo.

well my two YC boxes arrived today, majorly excited. One was the TSV and the other the 52 pc summer fragrance collection. Well as I expected (but only cause "I" hate floral scents), the TSV smelt iffy, White Gardenia is major major migraine material one for me, with Lemon Lavender and Lilac Blossoms smelling horrible too. So out of the box they all came and were divided into end of term teacher gifts which is why I bought the set. (keeping Fluffy Towels though as that was ok and my mum may like the Fresh Cut Roses as it reminds me of my nan, her mum).

Then box two was opened of the summer ones, wow GORGEOUS!!! All samplers look bright and colourful and they smell wonderful. I bought 4 Sicilian Lemon samplers the other day too in a local shop so put one of these in each of the glass holders and Ive filled up the TSV container with the new summer fruit ones. The whole set looks lovely and smells divine. I don't actually feel included to even burn them yet, I just want to enjoy looking at them. I feel so low at the moment with health issues that just looking at the gorgeous colours is a lift. I sound a right crackpot I know, but bright colours and yummy smells are very uplifting for the soul.

Box of tricks for me and teacher pressies sorted to boot, yey!!!!

I hope if others have received their TSV today too they are equally as pleased.

Latest posts

Back