Anyone Else Got Their Invite For The Flu/Covid Boosters?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got the flu and Pfizer yesterday, I was chatting to the nurse. So, cannot remember if the flu was the left or right arm?

So four hours later, I have intense pain in my right arm and feel like I am taking the flu. I think it is the Covid jab which is sore, but the left arm is fine. The weird thing is no marks or redness on the sore arm. Now the last Covid jab that people over 75 got earlier this year a woman I know was really ill from it, she swore the nurse had hit the bone in her arm it was so sore. But I know both needles were not that long.

Anyway, good thing I took the day off as I do not feel the best, and it is painkillers are us. Even had to get up in the middle of the night to take two.

Really hope everyone else has a problem free experience?
I had my jabs last Friday. I got the new Moderna jab. Nurse told me that because you are getting two jabs I should drink plenty fluids, more than normal and for 48 hours take paracetamol every 4-6 hours if you feel you don't need it.

The arm that I got covid jab in has been much sorer than flu arm. Also had glands under arm a bit swollen but overall not felt too bad, bit groggy but compared to my first AZ one which put me in bed for couple of days.

I had my 2 on Sat. I was asked if I was right handed (yes) so they did the flu jab in that one as the covid can cause worse side effects.

I had the Moderna (my first of this type) and the next day my covid arm was aching a bit (the first side effect I'd ever had) but nothing to complain about, and no soreness and not even a needle mark,

Felt tired the next day, but that is nothing unusual.

When I read the leaflet about the Moderna, it said I would need a 2nd dose in 3 months, which I didn't know about.

My first two vaccinations were Pfizer and my booster was Moderna. No side effects at all, barring a slightly sore arm on the evening of the jabs. I think that I read/heard that the Moderna booster for this Autumn has “hidden extras” because it tackles the initial covid 19 virus, plus the other variants. If I’ve got that right, maybe that’s why more people are having side effects. I’ve no idea what I’ll be given on Saturday. 🤔

Since booking my two vaccinations with my doctor at the beginning of August, I’ve had three texts from my surgery urging me to book my booster 🙄 and four from the NHS telling me to do the same, including one this morning. Talk about overdrive. 😳

My first two vaccinations were Pfizer and my booster was Moderna. No side effects at all, barring a slightly sore arm on the evening of the jabs. I think that I read/heard that the Moderna booster for this Autumn has “hidden extras” because it tackles the initial covid 19 virus, plus the other variants. If I’ve got that right, maybe that’s why more people are having side effects. I’ve no idea what I’ll be given on Saturday. 🤔

Since booking my two vaccinations with my doctor at the beginning of August, I’ve had three texts from my surgery urging me to book my booster 🙄 and four from the NHS telling me to do the same, including one this morning. Talk about overdrive. 😳
They are using both original Moderna and the new Spikevax Moderna as well as Pfizer for the boosters.

I had my autumn covid booster last Saturday and had very nasty side effects….the worst being horrendous shivering and freezing cold, and a really sore stiff arm. Shivering lasted 24 hours, the arm about 4 days. But worth it as hubby having chemo so need to keep him safe.

Having read these posts, I can’t wait for my jabs and the delightful side effects. 😳 Having never had a reaction to any vaccinations in my life, it’ll be a whole new experience for me. 🤔

I had my 2 on Sat. I was asked if I was right handed (yes) so they did the flu jab in that one as the covid can cause worse side effects.

I had the Moderna (my first of this type) and the next day my covid arm was aching a bit (the first side effect I'd ever had) but nothing to complain about, and no soreness and not even a needle mark,

Felt tired the next day, but that is nothing unusual.

When I read the leaflet about the Moderna, it said I would need a 2nd dose in 3 months, which I didn't know about.
That is only for initial doses, it was 12 weeks but got reduced to 8. As this was a booster dose you had you won't get another in 3 months.

I feel totally fine today and going into work. My right arm is still sore, but again no marks on either arm. I did notice yesterday the amount of extra water I seemed to be drinking. For some reason, I was calling Moderna Modena!

Actually I had completed missed my scheduled booster as I couldn't get to the jab place, buses no longer run there.
I have the same issue this time. All the others have been in the town just a short walk from the bus station. This time they're being done in an old hospital that's 20 miles from the bus station. It looks like I'll have to go by taxi. One of my sisters lives in Cardiff and she's been booked into a place in Barry so she's not having it this time.

I’ve got from my surgery. Flu jab in the right arm and my covid booster in the left arm. I was given the Pfizer/BioNTech one. My first two were Pfizer, my first booster was Moderna and I’ve been “rounded off” with Pfizer. Whether or not I get side effects remains to be seen because I’ve had none at all before, but I’m ready for them if I do.

I don’t know where the time goes because my first booster was last November. 😳

Update:

No side effects at all, thankfully. The arm which had the flu jab was fine. The arm where I had the Covid booster was a bit sore last night, but is absolutely fine now. 👍

I had the Moderna for my first booster and left the surgery immediately afterwards. On Saturday I had the Pfizer BioNTech and was asked to wait for 15 minutes as I was driving. I told them I was popping next door to the chemist and would then sit in the car until the 15 minutes was up, which I did. To be honest, I felt fine and could have driven home immediately, but I did as I was told (for once.) 😉

I’ve experienced no side effects at all and my arm was ok by the late evening.

At my doctor's it was a production line. In at front door, jab in both arms, and straight out of the back door, no mention of waiting, and nowhere to wait anyway.
I am going to book my flu jab and Covid separately. I will have the flu jab at my surgery and have to travel to another medical centre for the Covid one. I am just a bit concerned as I have had 3 Astra Zeneca due to allergies, so that was why I was asking the question about waiting afterwards.

I am going to book my flu jab and Covid separately. I will have the flu jab at my surgery and have to travel to another medical centre for the Covid one. I am just a bit concerned as I have had 3 Astra Zeneca due to allergies, so that was why I was asking the question about waiting afterwards.
If you mention it to the person doing your vaccine am sure they will make sure you can wait.

Latest posts

Back