Anyone Else Got Their Invite For The Flu/Covid Boosters?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My wife, an NHS nurse, nearly died in 2020 after a major internal haemorrhage. Amazingly, she survived after ten days in ICU. I couldn’t see her as the Lockdown had just begun. Sheer hell just relying on phone calls for updates.

Then, in March 2021, I suspected she could have developed sepsis and told the doctor that via telephone call. The GP wouldn’t come out to see her because of C19 surgery protocols, misdiagnosed her as simply having cellulitis, and prescribed packet antibiotics, with a follow up call for four days.

The next day her condition had considerably worsened. I bypassed the GPs, rang 999 and my wife was subsequently in ICU for twenty days with sepsis and multiple organ failure. I was called in to watch her die in abject agony. Ten hours with virtually all support withdrawn. She died awake. I have seen dogs die a more peaceful and dignified death.

Had she actually been seen by the GP as in normal times would normally have been the case, she could have got intravenous antibiotics 36 hours earlier, and whilst she could well still have died, she may, just may, have had a more peaceful death. Essentially, in my view, she died because of coronavirus, not from it. Forgive me- but as a result I have had nothing to do with either IT or the vaccines and have never been vaccinated as a result. I actually had coronavirus reasonably unpleasantly earlier this year, but don’t regret the decision I made. I am no Covid denier and fully respect those who wish to pursue the vaccine route. But I feel many GPs have completely ducked their moral and clinical responsibilities because of C19, making it at times virtually impossible to see them.

My wife is dead and we experienced this very thing, so I speak from hard experience of the former. She was 57 years old, an ED matron, sister and nurse for 35 years, and a staff nurse since she was 19. She deserved better.

I have been invited now. Will prioritise a flu jab having recently had covid.
The Duke of Cheese, I am horrified that you and particularly your late wife were so badly let down by the health service. I don't blame you for your anger. My condolences to you and your family.

I am sorry for your loss Duke of Cheese - what an appalling situation ..

Why are Doctors still making it so hard for patients to get a face to face appointment?

Latest posts

Back